Winter 2018/2019 Anime Thread

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
The harem grows. Filo is probably some super rare creature that people previously thought didn't even exist because she's now the first one people have ever seen.
Shield Hero gets shit on a lot, but his luck is top tier. He's like Domino.

Spear Hero's knight chick is like Team Rocket levels of bad. She's evil for the sake of being evil. There's no real logic behind it the way a real bad guy needs. I love the show, but she and the king are terrible.
the way the anime was layed out really missed some of the points of the LN.

The LN is by no means a master piece of literature and i was disappointed that they did not expand in some characters more in the anime version. The anime is very rushed compared to the LN, and it doesn't show most of the trials and tribulations that the main character goes through.

I was also disappointed in the pee scene, as it was a very warm scene on the LN, and it feel rushed in the anime. They pissed away a nice opportunity for character development there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Pee scene? I musta missed something. I thought Raph asked to stop cause she was sick.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The harem grows. Filo is probably some super rare creature that people previously thought didn't even exist because she's now the first one people have ever seen.
Shield Hero gets shit on a lot, but his luck is top tier. He's like Domino.

Spear Hero's knight chick is like Team Rocket levels of bad. She's evil for the sake of being evil. There's no real logic behind it the way a real bad guy needs. I love the show, but she and the king are terrible.

Um no? Harem how? He has one chick and Filo is by no means part of some harem.

However Motoyashi(sp?) Harem for him yes, and i think hes the only one who behaves and acts that way with women.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Yeah Raphtalia clearly wants more out of her relationship but he def has that father look in his eyes when he looks at her.

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Well I asked for a filler epidose and I for a filler episode... yey.

The pee science, basically raph nightmares made her pee herself at night. She was very embarrassed by it, but it helped the main character to see her as an afraid child instead of just a slave.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Just learned that WIT Studio is adapting Vinland Saga.

Should be fucking good.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
While I have read the Shield Hero light novels. I'll be damned if Motoyasu isn't 10x more of a faggot in the anime. Impressive.

You don't really get the impact in the LN that he's completely delusional that he and his girl are cheating pieces of shit.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
While I have read the Shield Hero light novels. I'll be damned if Motoyasu isn't 10x more of a faggot in the anime. Impressive.

You don't really get the impact in the LN that he's completely delusional that he and his girl are cheating pieces of shit.

Lol funny thing is while reading it, he was every bit of the douche he turned out to be. The characters match the images i had in my head so well its disturbing.

• 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
filolial's!
filo is a QUEEN filolial

for the record i never read the manga, just the first 7? books of the LN.
they are speeding/zooming right thru the books. they are ~40% of the way thru book 2. i expect, it is looking at ~3-4 episodes per book. so i expect book 3 to arrive around episode 7 or 8.
where you all will meet melty the crown princess.

as for king/princess comeuppance. that is book 6? i forget.
king/bitch princess get their comeuppance when the queen returns...

especially the princess, wonder if they will do it in the anime.,..
queen strips both of their powers and they both get new names
bitch princess's new names:
common name is bitch
adventurer name is whore
king's new name is trash

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Weird...they changed Promised Neverland slightly from the manga. Not sure I like the change; though...will see what happens in next episode.

Don runs into Mama Isabella and steals her key before sneaking into Mama's room with Gilda

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Promised Neverland is really going to be one of the star anime shows for a few years to come. We have barely even begun to see Hell and despair. For those who have read the manga, this one scene really stuck out to me and pained my heart.

//Spoiler//This won't be shown in the anime for another ~3 or so episodes. An unknown protagonist.

18.png

• 1Like

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I need to catch up on PN but I keep hearing that they have been changing a lot from the manga. I suppose all those internal dialogues just dont translate to a scripted tv show.

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
The anime has been pretty on point with the manga. I would totally recommend reading it because it is just THAT good (anime and manga).

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
The anime has been pretty on point with the manga. I would totally recommend reading it because it is just THAT good (anime and manga).

I wanted to like it, since it is a MangaStream thing, but I noped out after a few months. Same reason I couldn't keep going with whatever that cockroaches on Mars one was, gore gets boring after a while.

• 1Like