Winter 2020 Anime Thread

Leon

<Silver Donator>
If y'all are not watching in/spectre and keep your hands off eizouken you should be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Malkav

French Madman
BOFURI may be the most realistic MMO anime I've seen.

Protag discovers a completely OP build, only to see it nerfed quickly after, complete with patch notes.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Yeah i swore off isekais after the slew of them we had lately, but this one caught my eye. Funny shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Protag discovers a completely OP build, only to see it nerfed quickly after, complete with patch notes.
sounds like the mistaken op girl isekai like this one i was reading but forgot about

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I boiled down the season to Eizouken, In/Spectre, Bofuri and Ishuzoku Reviewers. Anything really good I am missing out on?

I don't really care about battle shonen, and a still have to watch S1 of Isekai Quartet.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I don't know, Haikyuu just isn't for me. There are tons of other "sports" show that I found more enjoyable, for example Chihayafuru or Kuroko's Basket.

Somehow I end up reading most manga for these series before they become an anime, and most of them - especially the sports anime - become boring as fuck in anime form for me. Even "Cross Game", which I loved as a manga I just couldn't finish in anime form.

The only recent anime series where I had read the manga beforehand and enjoyed the anime so much that I couldn't wait for the next episode was Beastars.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I don't know, Haikyuu just isn't for me. There are tons of other "sports" show that I found more enjoyable, for example Chihayafuru or Kuroko's Basket.

Somehow I end up reading most manga for these series before they become an anime, and most of them - especially the sports anime - become boring as fuck in anime form for me. Even "Cross Game", which I loved as a manga I just couldn't finish in anime form.

The only recent anime series where I had read the manga beforehand and enjoyed the anime so much that I couldn't wait for the next episode was Beastars.
my wife really loved prince of tennis

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You should have her try Baby Steps. That's a badass series. I hear they're going to make a live action version of it soon, but then again... I heard that a few years ago.

Looks like the live-action thing was cancelled also. Oh well, I really liked the anime.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Rewatching Re:Zero is soooooo good. Definitely making me want that new season.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Baby steps best underrated series of all time.

Fantastic anime.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well, Izuku's conversation with Mirio went almost exactly like I predicted, although it was a little shorter than I expected because for some reason I thought he was in on the secret.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Introduced my youngest to MHA today. She loves superhero movies and shows, and loved the first four episodes so far. Seeing her enjoyment of it is worth listening to the horrible American voice actors lol.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Introduced my youngest to MHA today. She loves superhero movies and shows, and loved the first four episodes so far. Seeing her enjoyment of it is worth listening to the horrible American voice actors lol.
o
m
g

• 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's pretty much the same as Naruto. So it's beginners anime. I watched the first around 25-30 episodes, but got bored because nothing of any seriousness ever happened. Like... we need to track down a missing cat or deliver the mail because the post office had someone that quit. It's a bunch of filler style shit. I didn't read the manga, but any time there's no traditional plot, it always ends up being filler. It's watchable, but why waste your time when there is so much better out there to take in?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It's pretty much the same as Naruto. So it's beginners anime. I watched the first around 25-30 episodes, but got bored because nothing of any seriousness ever happened. Like... we need to track down a missing cat or deliver the mail because the post office had someone that quit. It's a bunch of filler style shit. I didn't read the manga, but any time there's no traditional plot, it always ends up being filler. It's watchable, but why waste your time when there is so much better out there to take in?
boruto is 62% filler, manga is only like issue 42 and they have 143 anime eps

• 1WTF

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream

Watching the first episode right now. Not sure where BOFURI came from, but HorribleSubs has it listed as "Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu". Really long name on that one.

Anyway, it appears that whoever created the show (or light novels?) is a DPS MMO player and is always waiting around for a tank, so he wanted to make them come off extremely OP so more people role one.