Winter 2021 Anime Thread

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Had a patient two days ago who said his new favorite anime is "Hidden Dungeon Only I Can Enter". After watching the first episode, I feel thoroughly creeped out by that patient. :|

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
It's one of the better shows this season. But it is definitely front loaded with lots and lots of cheesecake.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
That show is barely functional but at least it isn't bad as last dungeon boonies.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It's one of the better shows this season. But it is definitely front loaded with lots and lots of cheesecake.
one of the better shows this season?

this season is the most jam packed WTF almost everything is awesome in like 20years... but that anime ain't part of that

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
Best so far for me is probably Wonder Egg Priority. Both on a technical and narrative standpoint.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I was surprised, but I actually ended up enjoying watching it. Which is usually never the case for a recap.

Yeah, it could have been worse, but since it was episode 8 instead of something like 7.5, we only have 4 episodes left.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Had a patient two days ago who said his new favorite anime is "Hidden Dungeon Only I Can Enter". After watching the first episode, I feel thoroughly creeped out by that patient. :|
I thought Hidden Dungeon is fairly lighthearted and thoroughly retarded compared to the other shit we have this season.

That said, I like Last Dungeon the most this season.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
About Spider. Some school kids kinda die in their classroom and get reborn into a different world. Did they actually get born, as in being infants, and then grow up to where they are now? I'm wondering why Shun was so emotionally attached to his brother (since the brother isn't one of the kids from the classroom).

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
About Spider. Some school kids kinda die in their classroom and get reborn into a different world. Did they actually get born, as in being infants, and then grow up to where they are now? I'm wondering why Shun was so emotionally attached to his brother (since the brother isn't one of the kids from the classroom).

Yes, because they mention the reason the religious girl is so zealous is because she was raised in an orphanage or something. and it seems like Spider's storyline has actually been elapsing over 15+ years and isn't synced timewise up between the protagonist and the other characters.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
regarding Spider

So has she been struggling for survival for 15 years?!?
She has no concept of time. That's also why she constantly forgets things.

Like... when she had the Dragon egg and was going to eat it, and it suddenly vanishes and she completely forgot that she even had it in the first place. That's just who she is. Or maybe a little earth personality mixed with spider instincts of only living in the right this second.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
She has no concept of time. That's also why she constantly forgets things.

Like... when she had the Dragon egg and was going to eat it, and it suddenly vanishes and she completely forgot that she even had it in the first place. That's just who she is. Or maybe a little earth personality mixed with spider instincts of only living in the right this second.
Are you a manga reader or something?

It doesn't vanish in the anime, those human adventurers set fire to her web and she had to leave the dragon egg behind to run for her life.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I thought Hidden Dungeon is fairly lighthearted and thoroughly retarded compared to the other shit we have this season.

That said, I like Last Dungeon the most this season.

I'm the exact opposite. I agree Hidden Dungeon is lighthearted and retarded but I find Last Dungeon to be about 10-20 levels more lighthearted and retarded. It was too sickly sweet for me. I got through about 3 episodes of the guy being confused and goofy while batting random giant insects into the sky. While he's the typical 6 yr old looking protagonist with women swooning over him, I find his look even worse than normal. He looks and acts like the special kid with a 30 IQ that's hidden in the familiy's 'hidden dungeon' at home.

Maybe it got better after the 3rd episode.

• 2Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I always hated Tsunderes, I never got the appeal of the trope and I found it basically unappealing, I would just eyeroll whenever a tsundere, except with Asuka Langley from eva, she is cool.

However Eris Boreas single handily is the best tsundere of all times. Maybe it is because it is not forced, she is just a spolied brat.

Very happy with this show

• 2Like