Winter 2021 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Are you a manga reader or something?

It doesn't vanish in the anime, those human adventurers set fire to her web and she had to leave the dragon egg behind to run for her life.
I'm aware of what happened, but she doesn't talk about it at all. And I read the first light novel and in it she mentions that she doesn't even remember having a giant egg and it must be her imagination even thinking about it in the first place.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Whoa, Devil is a Part Timer Season 2 coming, that's outta no where. Been like 8 years since S1 but it was a pretty funny show.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I always hated Tsunderes, I never got the appeal of the trope and I found it basically unappealing, I would just eyeroll whenever a tsundere, except with Asuka Langley from eva, she is cool.

However Eris Boreas single handily is the best tsundere of all times. Maybe it is because it is not forced, she is just a spolied brat.

Very happy with this show
maybe you just like redheads?

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I think the issue with Spider is that its flip-flopping between past and present with very little hints. Spider part is the past, human/demon parts are the present.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think the issue with Spider is that its flip-flopping between past and present with very little hints. Spider part is the past, human/demon parts are the present.
Well right the flashback to the dragon egg was the first time there was any indication that the scenes weren't happening in roughly the same timeframe.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm the exact opposite. I agree Hidden Dungeon is lighthearted and retarded but I find Last Dungeon to be about 10-20 levels more lighthearted and retarded. It was too sickly sweet for me. I got through about 3 episodes of the guy being confused and goofy while batting random giant insects into the sky. While he's the typical 6 yr old looking protagonist with women swooning over him, I find his look even worse than normal. He looks and acts like the special kid with a 30 IQ that's hidden in the familiy's 'hidden dungeon' at home.

Maybe it got better after the 3rd episode.

It did not, I rarely drop shows but I heaved that to the shit pile after 6 episodes. Worst show of the season I've watched so far by far.

Nothing ruins a show faster than a terrible protagonist.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Whoa, Devil is a Part Timer Season 2 coming, that's outta no where. Been like 8 years since S1 but it was a pretty funny show.
Awesome. Just watched season 1 last week. Looking forward to it.

Malkav

French Madman
Hori is a freak. I approve.

I love Horimiya. It's nice to have a romance that feels more or less real. The characters are not overly exaggerated and relatable. Reminds of high school really.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Well right the flashback to the dragon egg was the first time there was any indication that the scenes weren't happening in roughly the same timeframe.

I read the first of the LN ( it covers up to ep 6 of the anime ) after watching.

I was surprised by how close the spider is to the anime given it's a fairly decent sized book, but the human kids timeline made more sense - you get various snippets of them growing up interspersed with the spider's part, generally providing some sort of insight into how unusual some of the stuff the spider is getting up to is.

The anime version of the human kids stuff is not even in chronological order, which is a weird choice.

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
The fact that it keeps going from past to present without any kind of hint is definitely making this confusing.

Read here at your own risk.

The girl in the white hood with the demons is Komoku, the spider.

Still, the show is fantastic. :)

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Some of the side characters in Last Dungeon are good, but everything that revolves directly around Lloyd turns retarded.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I love Horimiya. It's nice to have a romance that feels more or less real. The characters are not overly exaggerated and relatable. Reminds of high school really.
The girl getting off when he hits her and calls her bitch might be a realistic trait for some people, but it throws me off.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That's a normal reaction.
Am I abnormal?
You are.

Giving it to Rudeus straight up.

• 1Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pedophiles are indeed abnormal.

Also treefitty says the dude talking to inner Rudeus was Laplace.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider

Eight years holy shit seems like yesterday. Going to be Biden's age in no time!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sweet, been a while since we've had a full on nostradouche.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity