Winter 2021 Anime Thread

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
I'm still on episode 16 or so of Re:Zero...does the protagonist get any less stupid or useless as the show continues? Not sure I can stand him much longer if not.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I'm still on episode 16 or so of Re:Zero...does the protagonist get any less stupid or useless as the show continues? Not sure I can stand him much longer if not.
His char is really annoying. He has moments where you’re like aww, he evolved as a human, then next episode he devolves right back into being retarded. Definitely takes away from the show.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Gotta get used to and learn the world rules. No OP protagonist here. Seen the analogy of doing dark souls as a level 1. Yea pretty much.

Anyway.

Re:Zero S2, Part 2 Ep 11 -

What a wild ride.

Those Trials seem to have been a wonder for Emelia. She isn't some lost girl anymore like in season 1 and season 2 beginning. I hope she doesn't revert after all this to doofus airhead girl mode.

46798cc6a825ca92c3492ddfb5e1ae149f7d7f94da95e678dabb3224feb84ea5.jpg

Basically reminded me of this where Emilia is Morty yelling at Roswall:

This part was pretty emotional. Trying to break 400 years of conditioning basically isn't easy especially from what was seen as your parent. Forcing Beatrice to choose something herself beyond what was in the book (blank book) had to have been hard for Beatrice.

c7d5b8bd3afe68f86f1a38098c72a992520cd27ed49f996e60e984f4209cc4a5.jpg

4f0682e0bf164c0f1c3c55cab9369b786fe3cbcf9287652a07fb4a1050cdd05a.png

Did Emelia just get pushed out by a 400 year old loli? Lord I hope not. Also I need more Petra/ Otto interactions.

306af0fc54a446172d9de73f47ef3843c16fa1b10c0ba2894fa382d3b107929c.png

Onto Log Horizon.

This is very interesting. The Geniuses are starting to use the game mechanics against the adventurers in clever ways.

Basically forcing the Monster Mission system for Everquest via the teacher system. Got to be a certain level to play and if you are over it punishes you. Looking forward to the raid for the next two episodes... Looking forward to more Akatski Raid Action.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

He gets better than what you've had to deal with. Re:Zero is all about the drawn out process of him fucking up over and over and then finally working everything out into awesome at the end. The last 5-6 episodes of Season 1 (19-25) are top notch. Same with Season 2. It's a slog and he's annoying but the final pay off every season is top tier.

Warning, Season 2 threw a lot of people off and it's slow while trying to piece together another part of the puzzle. Im loving the last few episodes though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

I hated Subaru early on, but he becomes more tolerable and the rest of the cast keeps getting better as the show goes on.

Watching Subaru suffer never gets old.

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Rezero is basically an ensemble cast right now of equally liked characters.

Beatrice is now best girl and has 400 years of magical power, knowledge and determination behing her... and they have a Puck. Bunnies are gonna get rekt.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Another great week of CR shows. Kumochan is still fast forward through all the human bullshit though.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Kumochan is still fast forward through all the human bullshit though.
Repent!

You should've picked up by now that the human side (which actively resents acquiring the Taboo skill through the church, and the "truth" about the world it unlocks) and the demon side are on a head-on collision course for the long-term fate of the world. That is ultimately why fleshing out the human side and the reincarnators on their side is important.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of the rushed exposition, leaving the human side stripped to the absolute minimum and without gravity. I am going to assume that in the next episode shit will hit the fan on the human side, though.

I do like the small easter eggs, e.g. explaining the weird camera angles on the human side:
eyes.jpg

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Regarding So I'm a Spider, So what? I'm 60% through the 4th light novel and it's a good story. I don't know if I like the new changes as much as I enjoyed the earlier stuff.

Once she gets out of the labyrinth, things go in a much worse direction. I like her struggle much more than the supremely overpowered characters that she encounters on the regular. Case in point, the flying spider Demon Lord in the form of a little girl. I haven't gotten there yet, but I assume that she somehow takes over the body of that demon lord (based on the brief human part where she's already a demon lord herself) after the current demon lord spider girl 1-hit kills her otherwise "immortal" self. Maybe that skill allows her soul to transfer to other creatures. I don't know yet, but I'll find out soon.

EDIT: I was wrong when I said I was into the 3rd light novel. It was the 4th, and I just finished it.

That novel ends with a giant calendar of every event that takes place by year. That makes the story a lot easier to follow for the anime watchers.
I'll throw it up under spoiler tags, just to be safe.
All of this info is not in the light novel at all. At the same time, it isn't shown in the Anime either.

TIMELINE Kingdom History

Year 798 - Ronandt becomes the youngest head court mage of the Renxandt Empire in history.
Year 801 - Meicis the hero is killed in battle at Fort Kusorion.
- Darresmeig is appointed as the new hero.
Year 803 - Darresmeig the hero defeats Demon Lord Atomos.
Year 804 - Darresmeig the hero disappears.
Year 807 - Sword-King Leigar abdicates the throne of the Renxandt Empire and disappears.
- Largis becomes the new sword-king. Ronandt becomes his advisor.
Year 829 - Sirius becomes king of Analeit Kingdom.
Year 832 - The first prince of Analeit Kingdom, Cylis, is born to the true queen.
Year 833 - The first princess of Analeit Kingdom, Leiresia, is born to the king's first concubine.
Year 834 - The second prince of Analeit Kingdom, Julius, is born to the king's third concubine.
Year 837 - The third prince of Analeit Kingdom, Leston, is born to the king's second concubine.
Year 840 - The second prince, Julius, becomes the hero.
- The previous hero, Darresmeig, is thus assumed dead.
- An unusual young taratect individual is sighted in the Great Elroe Labyrinth. A wyrm egg and spider thread are collected from its nest and presented to the royal family.
- Increase in demon activity.
Year 841 - The fourth prince of Analeit Kingdom, Schlain, is born to the king's third concubine.
- The second princess of Analeit Kingdom, Suresia, is born to the true queen.
- The first child of Duke Anabald, Karnatia, is born.
- The king's third concubine passes away.
- The empire army, led by Ronandt, encounters the "Nightmare of the Labyrinth" in the Great Elroe Labyrinth.
- The Nightmare of the Labyrinth and a queen teratect emerge from the Great Elroe Labyrinth.
- Ronandt temporarily disappears.
Year 842 - The Nightmare of the Labyrinth appears in Sariella.
- The Sariella and Ohts regions go to war. The empire and the Followers of the Word of God support Ohts.
- Julius the hero battles the Nightmare of the Labyrinth and escapes with his life thanks to Ronandt's rescue.
- Julius the hero temporarily becomes Ronandt's pupil.
- Kidnapping and slave trading occur successively in various locations.
Year 843 - The Nightmare's Vestiges are identified in the Great Elroe Labyrinth.
Year 844 - The first princess, Leiresia, marries the first prince of the Teresent Kingdom and studies abroad there.
Year 845 - The Sword Demon appears in the empire.
- Ronandt successfully drives the Sword Demon away.
Year 846 - The Word of God religion exposes a large-scale human trafficking organization.
- As a result of this incident, Julius the hero adds Jeskan and Hawkin to his party.
Year 847 - Schlain, Suresia, and Karnatia undergo the Appraisal ceremony.
Year 848 - Feirune hatches from the earth wyrm egg.
Year 850 - Potimas, the chief of the elves, visits the kingdom as a friendship ambassador.
- Potimas' daughter, Filimos studies abroad in the kingdom.
- Julius the hero is caught in a demon trap and attacked but manages to escape.
Year 851 - Schlain, Suresia, Karnatia, and Filimos enter the royal academy.
- The empire prince Hugo and the future saint Yurin make contact with them.
- Julius the hero defeats one Nightmare's Vestige in the Great Elroe Labyrinth.
- Prince Hugo attempts to assassinate Schlain.
- An earth wyrm attacks the royal academy.
Year 856 - The great human-demon war begins.
- Julius the hero is killed in battle.
- A coup d'etat occurs in the Analiet Kingdom.
- King Sirius passes away.
- The fourth prince, Schlain, flees with fellow collaborator the third prince, Leston.
- The Word of God announces Prince Hugo of the Renxandt Empire as the new hero.
- At the same time, the second princess, Suresia, is announced as Hugo's fiancee.
- The empire declares war on the elves for participating in the kingdom's coup d'etat and begins raising an army.
- The empire army and the Demon Lord's army invade the elf village.

Last edited:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Mushoku Tensei was another great episode. But at the same time, it looks like season 1 is now over with episode 11. I watching this episode before the sun came up this morning, and in the early part while they are walking around the dead forest area, the screen kept showing things that would be reflected on my desk's surface. I checked for roaches 2-3 times due to the quick movements. The screen showed spiders, but we don't have them in Hawaii. Just roaches, so that's what my mind kept seeing.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Catching up with this weeks shows:

Slime: Boom! Headshot!

The last half of Re: Zero has been fantastic.

Tensei is still my favorite, such a great overall show.

World Trigger is still more of what is good about that show. Hopefully there is a S3 that shows the trip through the "Neighborhood".

AoT: Best season.

Spider: Still going strong. I'm guessing we've missed a lot in the adaptation, but still very good.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Slime, Jujustu Kaisen, and Tensei are all solid I sit down watch and episode and they are over before I know it and I am left wanting more.. on the other hand.

Re:Zero as much as I try I fucking hate Subaru he is such a dogshit fucking character. He ruins the whole fucking show.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users