Winter 2022 Anime Thread

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Also I dont think you can leave Bones out of the conversation. It's a totally different style of animation but Mob Psycho 100 is done really well

EDIT: and duh, they do MHA as well

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Mapa has the honorable mention.jjk was def top tier animation.

ufotable still on top imo.

Khane

Chainsaw Man looks like it's going to be incredible as well.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The water and fire splash thingies in demonslayer leave me so conflicted. They probably take one artist to do for like each episode and probably doesn't make them break a sweat and it's so different from the rest of the show. But damn does it look nice.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
How is UFOtable so far ahead of the rest of the industry?
Because they, just like KyoAni, have dedicated and salaried in-house animation staff. One of the dirty secrets is that most anime productions rely on freelancers and outsourcing. And even studios held in high regard will suck for a show if the "good" freelancers decide to go to a different show that season. That's how you get One Punch Man season 1 and 2.

Chainsaw Man led to such a bidding war that all the other shows that season probably are going to have a drop in quality.

Canipa Effect had a video on that topic:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jox

Molten Core Raider
How do the demon slayers still exist if the demons are so op? It's not even the main demon yet, and he must have killed all the past sun breathers if they no longer exist.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think only the Upper Moons are truly OP. Tanjiro and them kill lesser demons easily enough.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They also aren't an organized force that dedicates themselves to hunting down the Demon Slayers, and they probably can't do anything about Demon Slayer strongholds that are protected by Wisteria. Muzan wanting the corps utterly wiped out seems to be a new thing, in the past he probably considered them largely beneath him. I think Muzan said it had been been hundreds of years since a Lower Moon replaced an Upper, so it's probably also been at least that long since an Upper died to a slayer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love seeing how the latest episode of AoT totally fucked with anime only viewers. Eren is the true GOAT. In regards to people saying AoT animation was trash, I think Mappa used CGI (even if really well done) and that soured peoples opinions. We're not seeing much CGI, if any, at the moment... but its the direction that is making these episodes so badass, the animation is just icing on the cake.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
AoT season 4 looks great. The time I remember seeing people complain was beast titan when he was baseball chucking rocks, and even then I didn't think it looked bad. You could tell it was CGI instead of regular animation but it wasn't egregiously shitty like most shows.

Khane

I love seeing how the latest episode of AoT totally fucked with anime only viewers. Eren is the true GOAT. In regards to people saying AoT animation was trash, I think Mappa used CGI (even if really well done) and that soured peoples opinions. We're not seeing much CGI, if any, at the moment... but its the direction that is making these episodes so badass, the animation is just icing on the cake.

Yea, latest AoT episode was a good example of story telling done well. A reveal that isnt overly complex or convoluted. Simple and effective.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Because they, just like KyoAni, have dedicated and salaried in-house animation staff. One of the dirty secrets is that most anime productions rely on freelancers and outsourcing. And even studios held in high regard will suck for a show if the "good" freelancers decide to go to a different show that season. That's how you get One Punch Man season 1 and 2.

Chainsaw Man led to such a bidding war that all the other shows that season probably are going to have a drop in quality.

Canipa Effect had a video on that topic:
I had no idea that Ufotable was UFO Table. Good video. Plus, I think now I want to visit Takushima my next time in Japan. I've never been that far south, so it's a goal. Takushima is super south... But no where near as south as Okinawa.

Japan.png

Last edited:

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The shit that happened in AoT is some of the most surprising shit I’ve seen since Aizen in Bleach.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I stopped watching AoT like 2 seasons ago. I had the episodes downloaded, but never bothered to watch them, then eventually deleted. I remember there being a smaller smarter giant, but that's about all. What happened recently?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Started watching Demon Slayers but that fucking whiny Slayer is making me want to stop watching. Does he get any better or is he like that the whole rest of the series?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Started watching Demon Slayers but that fucking whiny Slayer is making me want to stop watching. Does he get any better or is he like that the whole rest of the series?
Tbh first season didn't really impress me. Second season is just top notch stuff in a lot of ways, though.

• 1Like