Wizardhawk's memorial thread (a cautionary tale of dental care and garlic)

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
the world needs my essence
Done
rrr_img_68694.jpg

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Why are you selling plasma?
You can make like between 150 and 200 (Depending) a month from it, for just about 8 hours (Total) of time. In college, whenever I had to read a lot for class, I'd go down and donate. An hour or little longer could usually get me through all my reading homework and got 20$ for it--which buys lots of pasta for a starving student.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Get a needle in your arm twice a week? I'd think you end up looking like an addict, no?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Doesn't drawing plasma involve some huge and more painful needle? I can't hardly stand having blood drawn just the little bit they do for tests and shit, so they can keep their $200 as far as I'm concerned.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
From what I've read, it is about a 16-19 gauge needle. To give you a comparison, intramuscular is above 19 gauge. So, it is a pretty large needle, lol.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Doesnt really hurt to me and completely unnoticeable after they stick you.
Yep, uncomfortable with the initial stick, but in a minute or two you'll forget it's there. Also, 240$ is nice; if I donated every time at home it was only 160, but the place around my campus was 200. I usually only ended up doing it once a weak though (100$ which was a little more than half my grocery bill for the month, so it was well worth it for me).

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I did the fast food thing for a job instead. And then by my 3rd year I got in as a co -op in some tier two auto engineering place and have worked ever since. I was making 60K per year by my 23rd birthday with OT of course. It took me a few more years longer to finish school, but who gives a shit if youre well on your way in your career. Also the place paid for my classes as well, lol. Although I did have to sign a contract with them that I would not leave for 2 yrs after taking the classes.

Oldbased

> Than U
I had a friend in college do that shit way back when. He always looked like a damn ghost. Not sure if plasma or Vigo but it scared the rest of us from ever donating it.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I did the fast food thing for a job instead. And then by my 3rd year I got in as a co -op in some tier two auto engineering place and have worked ever since. I was making 60K per year by my 23rd birthday with OT of course. It took me a few more years longer to finish school, but who gives a shit if youre well on your way in your career. Also the place paid for my classes as well, lol. Although I did have to sign a contract with them that I would not leave for 2 yrs after taking the classes.
Honestly its a very good and easy way to make money(adds up to $3k a year, no taxes) if you have a couple few hours free a week and are illegible. I mean yeah it seems kinda of shady and im not gonna lie about half the proprietors of the place are the dregs of society you would imagine would go sell plasma, but its aside from them its a good experience. Facility I go to is pretty much brand new and is extremely clean and the staff professional and courteous.

Sterling

El Presidente
Back in my military days I used to use 12 gauge needles to give myself IVs instead of drinking shitass iodine treated water. Iodine flavored water is horrid.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Iodine treated water is the suck. Srsly that crap should be a punishable offense.