Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Didn't diablo 3 sell like 30million copies in the first few years? It would seem ARPG is one massive fuckin market.
Yeah I cant believe there is not more studios making these things, its like printing moneys. People are so hard up for the next one.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Spark

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm about to finish act III and up to this point, the game has been well worth the money for me. I have yet to run into any game-breaking bugs or problems with the skill tree.

Having a lot of fun with the gameplay. Visuals are very well done and the cutscenes have my full attention every time they come up. The voice acting is flawless imo.

Yes, they released an unfinished/buggy game but I like to support the little guys in the industry. I can't speculate on why they released it as is......I don't really give a shit, I just know I'm thoroughly enjoying the game. I'd rather give these guys 40 bucks and have them polish it up as they go than give 60 bucks to a AAA studio that designed a game specifically to get people to drop another 100 bucks on loot boxes or some such bullshit.

If you're on the fence, try it out. If you don't like it, get a refund.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Spark

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah I cant believe there is not more studios making these things, its like printing moneys. People are so hard up for the next one.
Been wondering the same thing myself. If you make an expansion (Reaper of Souls) and sell 30 million copies at 40 bucks a pop, why the hell would you stop there? Aside from a new buff and a few pieces of loot each season, they basically gave up on this cash cow.

Blizz probably threw away a couple billion in future sales of D3 expansions.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
D3 has no monetization beyond box sales. They want that phat microtransaction money but the auction house was EU'd to death and the engine is such crap no one would pay for transmog/minion.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
than give 60 bucks to a AAA studio that designed a game specifically to get people to drop another 100 bucks on loot boxes or some such bullshit.

Don't forget the hacks everywhere from the second the game launches and the $60 season pass! I can't actually even think of many games that are only $60 these days. Usually the $60 version is the 'lite' version and then you can spend 80/100/120 to get "bonuses" and then another $60+ for the dlc and throw in a bunch of mtx and whatnot, too.

Kinda sucks because, as a poor gamer, I really have to consider my hours and enjoyment per dollar and end up skipping a ton of games. It just feels terrible to spend $60 or $100 on a game and get 15-30 hours out of it over the course of a week and that's it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
D3 sold on Blizzard's name and years of D2 nostalgia. The latter is still going strong, many were eager to forgive and forget at this year's Blizzcon.

It is not as simple as just making any arpg.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
D3 sold on Blizzard's name and years of D2 nostalgia. The latter is still going strong, many were eager to forgive and forget at this year's Blizzcon.

It is not as simple as just making any arpg.

<tinfoil>
I think it was that Blizzcon screening was soviet style this year. There's no way that the immotal shit and hong kong shit went completely ignored if the attendees were all allowed in.
</tinfoil>

• 1Like

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean, I may be out of line here but how in the fuck do you get a character rollback on a single player offline game? Just lost an acts worth of progress to this bullshit.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Have you played it? If not, I hope you understand that people will try and overstate both the positives and negatives. I would tell people to wait a few patches, then pick the game up, since it is fun. The chance at having your character deleted (somehow), or encountering a progress stopping bug are pretty low. The only non viable build I've seen so far, at least during the Story, has been a pet build. Are there some stupidly broken passives that trivialize all content, yes, but using them us up to you since you can do all content without them. If you haven't played it, wait awhile if you have any interest in doing so.

Which are the broken/op stuff? I like breaking games :)

Found this actually: Any other OP nodes? :: Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Passive Skill Tree and Builds discussions

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I mean, I may be out of line here but how in the fuck do you get a character rollback on a single player offline game? Just lost an acts worth of progress to this bullshit.
If you're offline you can edit your save to put yourself in the right place again, google it and you should find how to(the saves are in plain text so it's mostly a matter of finding the name of the quest you were on before).

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard

solution :
Go to : C:\Users\xxxx\Saved Games\wolcen\savegames\characters
Open XXXX.json
Go to :
"Progression": {
"LastPlayed": {
"QuestId": "INTRO_Quest1",
"StepId": 1
Change INTRO_Quest1 with "ACT2_Quest1"
the 1 can be changed, test to see how many quest you had made by changing the number

Get in the habit of raring the save and name it the character level.

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Lol they put a zone in the game with nothing in it, just rendered the default cry engine dev workspace.

That's just mind-blowing,

0f4p061s6ih41.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
D3 has no monetization beyond box sales. They want that phat microtransaction money but the auction house was EU'd to death and the engine is such crap no one would pay for transmog/minion.

Diablo 3 + Heroes of the Storm catalog of heroes and IP... big pile of money waiting to happen in mtx and seasonal variety to mitigate staleness.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Almost to end of ACT 3 with me and step son. Act 2 boss I steam rolled with tanky build while he laid in death for 60% :(

Tried end of act II with my mage 3 times and died each time to last boss, didnt have aspect up but man glass cannon's are not well liked....especially when you have to stay in one stop and fire off your damage. Also can't get shit for will power, going to respec tomorrow to try and find a better near infinite willpower build with my consuming ember build as i just melt shit now but run out of willpower so fast. If i can solve that life will be good ~

Needless

Toe Sucker
Quin is also killing level 185+ mobs with that busted build he’s using so 300k doesn’t sound like much lol

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
This has to be one of the buggiest pieces of shit I've played in a long-ass time. Constant graphical, sound and skill bugs and that's not even getting into what passes as balance.

How the fuck.