Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Picked it up despite the bugs. Playing offline and it's pretty fun so far, havent run into any bugs except some un-targettable bats in that first act 1 cave.

Doing a pistol + shield with that damage multi block chance skill. I like the short range shotgun effect of 1h pistol. Not sure what to build as really but I'm only in act 2. Atm I'm just doing attack speed + material damage type stuff. Pathing to the Rage Regen node right now.

Quin is also killing level 185+ mobs with that busted build he’s using so 300k doesn’t sound like much lol

Know what his build looks like?

Found this for builds though it's very bare bones right now - Wolcen Universe

Caliane

Picked it up despite the bugs. Playing offline and it's pretty fun so far, havent run into any bugs except some un-targettable bats in that first act 1 cave.

Doing a pistol + shield with that damage multi block chance skill. I like the short range shotgun effect of 1h pistol. Not sure what to build as really but I'm only in act 2. Atm I'm just doing attack speed + material damage type stuff. Pathing to the Rage Regen node right now.

Know what his build looks like?

Found this for builds though it's very bare bones right now - Wolcen Universe
iirc the shield and bleeding edge build everyone else is. bleeding edge was op in beta. still is. now theres that immortal with x1000 damage seigebreaker node.

Retaliator was 5x stronger in beta. It used to be the busted node. and was nerfed several times. iirc, it was originally,each point of resists gained as 1% damage increase. so, not nerf to crit, and Every resist combined, not just physical.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Now I’m glad I didn’t buy it. This thread is such a roller coaster!

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Last epoch is pretty legit, still early access but check it out if this game hasn’t scratched the itch.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Turned my mage into a mobile corpse exploder yesterday, was a lot of fun. Used Plagueburst (Fire / Clouds) + Bulwark of Dawn (AoE Dmg + Mobile) and just ran around making packs of explode and leaving clouds of fire laying around. Doing this made me wonder about Ailments again.

Every damage type has an ailment associated with it by default, except Physical. The ailment that the damage type inflicts can apparently be superseded by a different ailment IF you happen to have a higher dmg value for the new ailment than the base damage type of the skill you're using, at least if the information displayed for skills is correct. So I've been stacking as much Aether damage as possible since I want to be always be taking advantage of "Which Time Cannot Heal" (you're dmg is supposed to hit a mob again after a short delay). This has made every skill I use show its aliment as being Stasis, regardless of its base dmg type. Yet, this might not be working.

While running around as a corpse exploder many of the elite / champion mobs would start showing the graphical effect for Sacred dmg (the base dmg type for Bulwark of Dawn) instead of the one for Aether. Odd.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
now theres that immortal with x1000 damage seigebreaker node.

What skill do you mean by this?

Also just swapped from my pistol to a dagger and went from 632.3 average sheet damage to 2186??? Not sure why, the dagger isn't that much more damage stats than the pistol...

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Last epoch is pretty legit, still early access but check it out if this game hasn’t scratched the itch.

I'll have to take a another look at this, forget why I passed on it initially, maybe it was the $35 EA price or just a random streamer not leaving me with a very good impression.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Some maths shit is def funky in this game. Also they dont explain anything. Like for instance why does my DPS get cut when I equip a shield? Why is this even a thing? Isnt this why 2h and dual wield does more dmg to offset for the fact that I cannot equip shield? Also spell dmg seems to be fucked. The nodes on the tree and items seem to be additive instead of multiplicative, while all the melee stuff is all multiplicative or so it seems. It seems for spell stuff getting items with x-x dmg is only way to multiply dmg. Ailments and x-x flat dmg seem to be the only things not broken.

Also im hearing they are threatening to ban people for using that cash dupe thing with the gems, lol. Umm how bout you fix your shit first then worry about banning.

Also here...https://wolcen.dev/ You can see which node might be broken by hovering over them...

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Lots of people don't seem to like the art style in Last Epoch but I don't mind it. Games pretty polished now, they've been working pretty hard since beta.

It's a nice little game, it's very polished for a beta. It's a sort of blend of poe, TL2 and D3. If you can get over the graphics if you don't like them the game itself is solid.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Two cents: Quit excusing companies (This is a COMPANY - who is in business to make money) for releasing completely fucking broken messes. They had kickstarter funds, they barely used any of their own cash, they had pie in the sky stretch goals for limited amounts of money, they stop started constantly, and overall, they were dumb asses. It's actually EASIER to create and develop games with smaller teams outside of AAA studios.

Either way it's $39.99 for a broken ass game in which damn near every actionable ability does not work correctly damn near across the board, with placeholder content in Act 2 and 3 to rush it out and get it out the door and the consumer suffers for poor product. I do not care if it's $40 or $100.

This is the only one industry (at least that I know of) where this snowflake attitude that we should be grateful we have games to play that we PAY for and should give these businesses ample time until the cows come home to actually deliver on their product that we PAID for. While I can damn near guarantee you every publisher and Indie in their right mind is laughing at the absurdity of this market condition created.

It's a fucking joke. Like the game anyway? Good for you. But quit defending shit business practices.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 6 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I agree that buggy video game releases or massive server issues for online games for launches etc. are shitty but let's not pretend video games is the only industry where shit products are released...

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This is the only one industry (at least that I know of) where this snowflake attitude that we should be grateful we have games to play that we PAY for and should give these businesses ample time until the cows come home to actually deliver on their product that we PAID for.

While this is a sentiment I somewhat understood circa year 2000, with the limited number of options available, in 2020 this is the worst fucking excuse imaginable. The amount of options there are nowadays for pretty much every single genre is mind bottling. I have a backlog about 4 years long and it grows monthly thanks to isthereanydeal.com. And now with shit like Gamepass? Forget it. Fuck, I recently took a month off of work and got through about 5% of it.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well, I think that has more to do with Last Epoch being $34.99 for early access. That's not early access pricing...

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I agree that buggy video game releases or massive server issues for online games for launches etc. are shitty but let's not pretend video games is the only industry where shit products are released...

Oh, I am not, but I can guarantee you this industry has the most apologist customers who cannot wait to get bent over the coals again because "Oh just be lucky they even sell us a product to play!". That thought process is beyond idiotic. And developers and publishers hop right on board that mentality and continue to drive even worse products and services out the door. I hear the term entitled thrown out a lot. The only people that are entitled ARE the customers who paid for that entitlement. Seeing the company selling a product when it doesn't work calling their customers cry babies and "You are acting like entitled baby's" and then seeing even customers hop on board that bullshit mentality is mind blowing.

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
This thread is confusing, how can a game be so fun when it appears this buggy, esp when it’s an arpg. Even f76 didn’t have giant unrendered zones on release