Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah that will give you the name which doesn't mean much.

I am fairly sure that you only see your own loot in group play. I couldn't drop anything for a friend either, had to manually trade it.

Caliane

yeah, that makes it so it says, "vanquishers chest" or whatever, instead of just "chest".
I mean no modern arpg shows you the stats on items before picking them up. most of them, you have to ID the items first. this is one of the few that are already ID'd.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
yeah, that makes it so it says, "vanquishers chest" or whatever, instead of just "chest".
I mean no modern arpg shows you the stats on items before picking them up. most of them, you have to ID the items first. this is one of the few that are already ID'd.

With "ID" meaning "Randomly roll the numbers" :)

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
We are unable to refund this purchase to your Steam Wallet at this time. Your playtime of an included product exceeds 2 hours (our refund policy maximum).

Yeah makes sense.

Bleeding Edge is still playable but mainly by the people that got to the insane gear levels from abusing everything known to man.

People must check it. I refunded at 3 hours played and got it but i cussed a lot in the write up

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I feel like if you played 30 hours that asking for a refund is probably a shitty move at best.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The whole refund after 2 hrs is kinda bullshit though. Sometimes they can polish up a terd just enough to keep people playing for 10+ hours before the glaring imbalances and the sheer bugs at end game start shoeing up. For instance, in this game the campaign was done rather well. Basically could take any skill and kill all 3 acts with it with a little boss kiting at the end. Or just by brute force of doing it over and over again until you did it. Now while some people experienced game breaking bugs in campaign, like bricking your game, most did not.

But then you start pushing to the mid and end game and all sots of shit starts breaking and falling apart. Like 3/4 of the active skills not scaling well, most of the outer ring of the passives not working, you start testing stuff in game and finding out it does not work or the fact that end game consists of running the same 4-5 maps over and over with new enemies and same layouts. So in essence you paid $40 for a 3 act campaign you can do in 6-10 hours but then the rest of the game, which realistically in any ARPG you will be spending 99% of your time in, is just downright broken unbalanced mess.

So you tell me is it really a shitty move by the players? Or is it a shitty move by the people that made this mess and passed it off as a finished game?

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I feel like if you played 30 hours that asking for a refund is probably a shitty move at best.
I think when a patch changes things up so early in a game that they need to be made aware that people don’t like it.

The only people in the game with any “wealth” and further along than anyone else because of this patch are the exploiters. I expressed that in my refund message.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

These fucktards shouldn’t get to keep any of their cash. I would say otherwise if they were busting their ass trying to fix it. They aren’t doing jack shit but working Part time and fucking around with the money. This much is evident with their one hot fix a week bullshit. Which broke damn near any viable build and left tons of shit that is broken or outright not working fester like a fart in the wind.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
It's amazing that they made something that was so good on the surface and such a nothing long term. Danger of the Small team/Kickstarter Syndrome? It seems, and I haven't played it long enough to experience this myself but I hear ok things about it that No Man's Sky made a comeback later on. This really does seem like Anthem, though, in that they made a fun surface game with just nothing beneath that: No math matters, the story ended on a cliffhanger (DLC my ass), so much of the POE-esque skill tree is broken/busted, and all they did was release the nerf-garrou in the first couple of weekly patches. It's a damn shame, too, because enjoyed this for what it was at first.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I keep seeing posts regarding refunds. Is there a reason why this game didn't release at GoG and only on Steam? 2 hours imo isn't enough time to see if you like the game or not. I really wished it came out on GoG cause their 30-hour played refund policy is way better than the steam's 2 hour one. I know they had to know all the issues and complaints with Wolcen.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Complaining about gold imbalances in pve games is hilarious.
For sure, totally agree.

Here is the issue though.

They had a stacking bug where gem values went up double every stack creating trillions of gold. All users didn’t know this so they were selling items for gold. When they did find out everyone switched to Greater Entropy Orbs. Surprise! Those were dupable as well. So all of the people were trading away their good items to people for duped items. This left them with no items but duped gold and duped orbs.

Now here comes this recent patch removing duped gold, orbs, affinity, and the unique items upgraded to legendary.

So the only people with items in their stashes are the people that duped that they were trying to punish.

Added bonus, the city building end game build rate was nerfed. Guess which users blitzed through that quickly? The dupers of course.

So basically they don’t know shit about balance or economy of any trading ARPG. If you can’t trust the provenance of any item or currency in an online game you might as well make it offline.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
The whole refund after 2 hrs is kinda bullshit though. Sometimes they can polish up a terd just enough to keep people playing for 10+ hours before the glaring imbalances and the sheer bugs at end game start shoeing up. For instance, in this game the campaign was done rather well. Basically could take any skill and kill all 3 acts with it with a little boss kiting at the end. Or just by brute force of doing it over and over again until you did it. Now while some people experienced game breaking bugs in campaign, like bricking your game, most did not.

But then you start pushing to the mid and end game and all sots of shit starts breaking and falling apart. Like 3/4 of the active skills not scaling well, most of the outer ring of the passives not working, you start testing stuff in game and finding out it does not work or the fact that end game consists of running the same 4-5 maps over and over with new enemies and same layouts. So in essence you paid $40 for a 3 act campaign you can do in 6-10 hours but then the rest of the game, which realistically in any ARPG you will be spending 99% of your time in, is just downright broken unbalanced mess.

So you tell me is it really a shitty move by the players? Or is it a shitty move by the people that made this mess and passed it off as a finished game?

There's just a little bit of a difference between 6-10 hours and 30 hours...

You know what's an actual shitty move? When Pearl Abyss/Kakao decided to fuck over sorceress on BDO back in 2016 and I had spent $750 on her.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For sure, totally agree.

Here is the issue though.

They had a stacking bug where gem values went up double every stack creating trillions of gold. All users didn’t know this so they were selling items for gold. When they did find out everyone switched to Greater Entropy Orbs. Surprise! Those were dupable as well. So all of the people were trading away their good items to people for duped items. This left them with no items but duped gold and duped orbs.

Now here comes this recent patch removing duped gold, orbs, affinity, and the unique items upgraded to legendary.

So the only people with items in their stashes are the people that duped that they were trying to punish.

Added bonus, the city building end game build rate was nerfed. Guess which users blitzed through that quickly? The dupers of course.

So basically they don’t know shit about balance or economy of any trading ARPG. If you can’t trust the provenance of any item or currency in an online game you might as well make it offline.
Can't have "trillions" of gold. Our resident autistic QA tester, Ronne, told us the game crashes 100% when you reach 1 trillion gold. Don't go spreading even more fake info!

Fucker

Log Wizard
I keep seeing posts regarding refunds. Is there a reason why this game didn't release at GoG and only on Steam? 2 hours imo isn't enough time to see if you like the game or not. I really wished it came out on GoG cause their 30-hour played refund policy is way better than the steam's 2 hour one. I know they had to know all the issues and complaints with Wolcen.

You answered your own question. If they released it on GOG, everyone would have refunded it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Can't have "trillions" of gold. Our resident autistic QA tester, Ronne, told us the game crashes 100% when you reach 1 trillion gold. Don't go spreading even more fake info!

This might be the saltiest post in this thread.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This might be the saltiest post in this thread.
Nah, not salty, just making a little fun of Ronne who railed against the game because he could cause it to crash by duping up to a trillion gold. =)