Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Damn bro, the devs aren't going to fuck you no matter how much you prostrate yourself in front of them.

Have some self respect.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn bro, the devs aren't going to fuck you no matter how much you prostrate yourself in front of them.

Have some self respect.
What? You think I'm defending the game by thinking you were hilarious in duping a trillion gold and having your game crash?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Someone had to test their nonsense, since they obviously weren't interested!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Logged in for the first time since launch. They deleted all my gold in OFFLINE and didn't even give me a free skills/attribute reset out of all their broken ass shit.

Lol.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Well I played a handful of hours over the weekend and here are my impressions:

(1) The early levels are a fucking DRAG. They need to make this more exciting and faster. I did not actually enjoy the play until I was around level 15 and I equipped a unique dagger.

(2) Some of the maps are too long a slog between portals. I do enjoy the fact that, most of the time, there is one before a major boss, at least.

(3) I am using Bleeding Edge and after reading through this, I see why. Even if it has been nerfed it feels like the best skill for melee.

(4) Gear progression is absolute garbage. I have no good suggestions on how to fix it, but it is uninspired.

(5) I like the way the gem slots are set up and how you get different effects for gems and support/defense/offense slots. That is a cool idea.

(6) Needs crafting. Is there eventually crafting? Like 3-1 potions and gems? Desperately needs that.

(7) Only had 1 major bug, jumped onto the "top" of a stalactite asset in a dungeon and could not get off and had to restart the game.

(8) Currently around level 30. Will play it to endgame and a little it while I am there. I have compiled some 25 hours after buying this in alpha, so I guess I got my money's worth but it ain't D3 or PoE that is for sure. Not feeling a lot of desire to replay through with other classes and builds. Would definitely not recommend it to friends that play ARPGs.

• 2Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
At least D3 involved botting so gaining ridiculous amounts of stuff wasn't for the plebs.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Easily one of the worst games ever made. I think it was made by a bunch of clueless hobbyists.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
If it means anything, I just played around 10 hours of that Warhammer Chaosbane ARPG that got universally panned, and enjoyed it way more than the current iteration of Wolcen. I may end up putting more hours into what has been called one of the most generic ARPGs ever made than Wolcen.

Very sad.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i mean... i've played some pretty terrible games and i wouldn't put this in that category. i'd say it's right smack dab in the "mediocre" list. it's hard to define exactly what went wrong with it, as there's kind of a lot of factors. the state that the game released in... they should have kept working on it. but it's also basically an indie game and they couldn't continue funding it without releasing it. it had a TON of reiterations. the game that was originally released in early access is almost completely unrecognizable to what we got. it changed considerably multiple times.

i'm one of those guys that hates publishers, because they get all handsy with a product that isn't theirs. you end up getting a design by committee and the end product is bland and unpalatable. that being said, wolcen, i think, is the perfect example of why publishers exist. they've been working on this game for like... 7+ years and have changed the design of it at least that many times. on one hand, clearly the people involved wanted to make a game they were passionate about, but like a lot of artists, passion is fickle. how long did it take and how much money was lost before someone, somewhere just said "we have to stick to what we have, make it work, and release it."

i think if you just make the statement (as i did earlier) that it needed more time, things would have gotten worse. obviously corona would have had a huge effect on even being able to continue working on it, but no one knew that was coming (except for the dirty commie chinese). but even if that didn't come along, i think their history shows they would have redesigned some stuff (which obviously the game needed), but it also would have kept the cycle going.

there were some pretty interesting ideas that they had several years ago but they got tossed to the wayside because those ideas were cool in theory, but a pain in the butt to make actually work. one of my favorite things was that staff attack animations were unique to the element of the staff itself. so, an electric staff would have a 3 hit combo, the first was just a straight lightning bolt from the staff to the target, the second attack was a chain lightning that would hit everything in like a 5 yard radius, the third was a big giant bolt that game from the sky and hit everything in like a 10 yard radius. a fire staff would shoot out firebolts in different patterns, a frost staff would function almost like a shotgun hitting a lot of enemies in close range, ending with a frost nova hitting everything around you.

but for several reasons, they dropped it. basically the default attacks were so good you'd never use any spells. and secondly the other weapons were just... boring swings. they couldn't figure out how to equalize the animations for melee or bows so they just dropped the staff stuff.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
They also nerfed what was fun - I hear Last Epoch is good, may DL that

Last Epoch is pretty shallow, maybe a tad more complex than torchlight 2 but it's just nowhere near as fun. It runs like shit too, or did during the version I played in Feb.

It just doesn't have the fun factor at the moment and the loots seriously underwhelming.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wolcen is the best duping simulator ever.

Publisher duped GoG players out of their money and stopped development in Alpha phase.
Publisher duped Steam players out of their money.
Allows worst duping of in game items in the history of ARPGs.
Delete all the duped currency leaving legit players with nothing and dupers with all the legit traded items.

10/10 would dupe again.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Wolcen is the best duping simulator ever.

Publisher duped GoG players out of their money and stopped development in Alpha phase.
Publisher duped Steam players out of their money.
Allows worst duping of in game items in the history of ARPGs.
Delete all the duped currency leaving legit players with nothing and dupers with all the legit traded items.

10/10 would dupe again.

Jesus. Dupeception.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Looks like they're essentially re-releasing the game? All characters prior to this free update will be moved to "Legacy" server.

Hello everyone,

We will soon be releasing our first Chronicle for Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem. Chronicle I: Bloodtrail is our first Free Content Update for Wolcen and it includes gameplay improvements and new content.

More details about the content of this update will be shared as we approach its release.

With Chronicle I: Bloodtrail, we also wanted to make a complete reset of the economy. Therefore, characters created before the release of the Chronicle will be moved to a separate Game Mode called Legacy, and they will not be able to interact or trade with characters created after the release of Bloodtrail. They will, however, still be able to interact or trade with the other Legacy characters.

Since the release of the game in February, we have released 17 patches for Wolcen in order to improve balancing, performance, servers, and fix the most common and critical issues. These last months, we’ve been preparing for Chronicle I: Bloodtrail, and although we chose to remain silent, we’ve been listening to your feedback and used them to enhance the game experience and improve the foundations of Wolcen.

This update is only the beginning of a new Wolcen’s journey, and we hope that you will join us for it.

Thank you for your support.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user