Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah my buddy took me from 47 to 65 in 2 hours. You have be near the power leveler though which causes problems. They will have to keep rezzing constantly.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Just starting to play around post game, bleeding edge warrior is so much fucking easier then other classes its not even funny.

Got my ranger with dual red pistols and gear pretty maximized and fucking last boss is still a pita in Chap 3. Got him down to 10% 3 times but the fucking delay lag is real when you cant get hit once without dying and dodge 1.5 secs after you hit it lol.

Still really enjoy the game, keeping my mage at 30 until they do some minor balancing so i can enjoy the ride. Its a fun co-op game at least that I can finally play with the step son so i'm not going to complain.

Last Epoch though again has such better design and will be online so just a waiting game for me on that. And their crafting is great.

Wolcen crafting im confused, is it all just randomly reroll 1 or all stats on an item or? wtf is the point?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The crafting is basically stolen from POE. You have RNG removal of stat replaced by another, rerolling all stats, or slamming an extra stat if affixes empty. The city building thing gives you other opotions like taking a yellow and rolling it to a red item, etc...

Last edited:

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Ok went back and was abit more patient and took him out with my ranger. Still alot more work then warrior.

Completely confused on why bows have such shit damage as a 2H vs pistols...like this isn't that hard of a concept...

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
So I have been playing, and love the moment to moment playing, the gameplay "loop" as it were but OMG even in offline, the bugs are eating into enjoyment considerably. I just can't stop playing the fucking thing until I finish the campaign, and then I might not play it again until it hits REAL 1.0. It's a buggy beta mess of a game. I have what started out as a minor annoyance but the controls stick intermittently for me. For instance: I use LShift to not chase mobs all over the map, both with my dual pistol ranger/gun mage or my 2h warrior. Depending on the map/memory load, the LShift will suddenly stick me in place, and I will have to double tap it to move again. Nowhere in the controls settings is that documented; It says (hold), which means I ought to be able to just let it go and move again. NOT. This happens in all kinds of places, trying to sell, multiple clicks to get something to sell and boom, its on the ground instead, open the chest and then can't interact with it; die and the X or the space is stuck "pressed" without an option for making a choice; having to put something in the chest before you can left click it and drag it somewhere, you can't left click in inventory, etc. It's a huge list. Forget having to bang keys to get abilities to fire, I hear the presses make a sound but no action happens at all. I just hammer the buttons on my Razer mouse until they go. Its just par for the course but all of these things add up to WTF is going on with this game?

Then you have the itemization still. I have 3 offline characters mostly because of the way equipment drops: On my mostly warrior specc'ed character, I get Mage/Sorc with distant some Rogue items; On my Mage I get mostly Rogue/Bruiser, and on Ranger/Gun Mage I get mostly Heavy/Sorc. Its like the game is deliberately going out of its way to give me things where I don't have ability or passive points. I switched my Ranger over to mostly Toughness and got a little better diversity (read as more Rogue) but now the items had more Wisdom and Agility rather than Toughness. I know that there is rnd involved, and the incredible number of builds possible make it such that you can't *just* cater to a player's current build (or can you? really I guess the question is should you) but FFS why I am going 10 levels between items that give me any sort of upgrade? With the same stats, why I am finding "better" items at level 21 than level 37? Why is the curve so broken? Perhaps because there is a POE influence that I am missing because I have barely touched that but come on. Eventually I sift through and because the math doesn't seem to make that much of a difference I just upgrade but its wearying to keep having to compromise because the RNG spits out +Ferocity and +Wisdom on Heavy All Resistance gear rather than Toughness for 10 levels.

TLDR: The above is a vent about how little things in games matter: This game is another Anthem, although its tough to blame 40 people in France as much as EA. Unlike that game, though, I like the world. and like the story so far (I am close to the end of Chapter 3 on my first character, so another fight that I am probably going to spend time cursing like the LamBach.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Here is what people that actually know how to ARPG play the game. sadly Im not one of those people, lol.

Also LOL and WTF?? at this build, lol.

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Picked up this game just from reading this thread. Decent game, just bleeding edge all day every day. Does anyone play past campaign? I mean the expedition grind feels like rinse and repeat 1000x, gets kinda old after 10x run...

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here is what people that actually know how to ARPG play the game. sadly Im not one of those people, lol.

Its just a Winter's Grasp build, but with a pair unique legs that allow Shadow spells to use Rage. So you duplicate Winter's Grasp and have 1 use Willpower (frost) and the other use Rage (shadow). Since WG can have zero cooldown, you can use both at the same time and most likely never need to use a potion.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Picked up this game just from reading this thread. Decent game, just bleeding edge all day every day. Does anyone play past campaign? I mean the expedition grind feels like rinse and repeat 1000x, gets kinda old after 10x run...
Its like every arpg / mmo ever created.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider

is there a link to this build? the one in the start where hes teleporting around, tired of bleeding edge wanna try something different.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
is there a link to this build? the one in the start where hes teleporting around, tired of bleeding edge wanna try something different.
yeah he starts a day before like a hour in or thursday night when the patch hit. He completes the story thurs/fri then sat he does end game.

he usually does not do build typoe shit so you will have to follow his shit and where he puts points. Hes focusing on CDR it seems to lower his cooldowns on casting the nova. its as far as I have gotten.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Been rolling with the bleeding edge build like most of the playerbase. Once you get the trait that allows it spin around you the game became very easy. Everything is dying so quickly. Having a good 2 hander with high dps helps out too. I'm guessing the trait that allows it to follow you really trivialize the game. Think once I'm done with this I'll give Grim Dawn a try.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Hello everyone,
Here is a list of some known critical issues we’re already working on:
Players can sometimes lose items in their personal chest.
Players can lose dyes and appearances previously unlocked.
Some players still can’t enter the Monolith during Fury’s Ascent quest.
Some Offline characters don’t appear on the character selection screen.
Act I Boss can sometimes become invulnerable.
Act III Boss can sometimes freeze.
Unwanted behaviors from stackable items, trading, productivity, and magic find in specific situations.
Players can have their quest progression locked if they join a friend who is further in the progression.
Players' animations can be desynchronized in Multiplayer.
Fixing multiple passive skill nodes issues (Attrition Strategist, Static Transferral, Safe from Afar, Intravenous Neural Cord, Eagerness, Mass evasion, High Evasion, Sparking Dart, Blessed Silver, Captured Velocity, Academic Fieldwork, Primordial Insights, Faith Leach, Plague Bringer, Virtuose Stance…).
Summoners need some love and they will have some.
Uniques can be altered.
Helmet and Boots can have 2 sockets at certain item levels.
The Block Efficiency cannot be rolled on shields after level 90.
Some skills (ex: Bleeding Edge, Winter’s Grasp, Bulwark of Dawn, Flight of Gaavanir…) deal much more damage than they should with some modifiers or don’t function the way they should.
Genesis unique item can malfunction and lead the game to freeze
Crash reports.
This is a non-exhaustive list of critical issues that we’re currently working on for Patch 1.0.5.0 and Patch 1.0.6.0.

We are aware of many other issues that need fixing and we’re also working on them. If any other critical issue is raised, we'll start working on it as soon as possible.

This will work out great for them, nerf the only skills that are effective at end game instead of buffing other useless skills first, I predict 50% drop in people playing once that brilliant patch hits.

Better start grinding that end game and your city building before they decimate your build.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
This will work out great for them, nerf the only skills that are effective at end game instead of buffing other useless skills first, I predict 50% drop in people playing once that brilliant patch hits.
Yeah if this patch goes like I think that it will the game will pretty much collapse.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Thats the problem when you release unbalanced buggy ass game like they did and let it float liek it did for as long as it did. People expect that power now. Im betting that getting to 187 rifts was supposed to be super fucking hard that only a few skilled builders and players ever got to. This is why loot essentially stops at like 110 or some shit. But the problem is now the cats out of the bag. I dont see how they contain this now without huge player backlash. They need to tread carefully here.

We all know that some of those skills are broken, players will automatically levitate to those skills. The problem with this game is there is like 2-3 good skills that do enough dmg at end game past a certain point, probably about Rift lv70 or so or so is when shits starts to hurt. Shit, Im hearing all around forums that people cant even beat act I, II, III bosses, let alone end game shit, lol.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The discord is pretty evenly split between the people that are "the game is fine and nerfs are good, you shouldn't be at the end game yet" and "this game is the worst game that I have ever played and the developers should be hanged in the street".

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Shit, Im hearing all around forums that people cant even beat act I, II, III bosses, let alone end game shit, lol.

But...

until then all this reddit shit is no more than heresay. 90% of it from idiots that could not game their way out of a paper bag.

1582555986285.png

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This game's playerbase was getting kneecapped in March either way. They should have scheduled these kind of patches for then.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users