Wolfenstein: The New Colossus

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Saw this and knew it was going to be good.

5DE0A6E8-5C39-4EC0-8447-FE515B776AFA.jpeg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Read an Interview with one of the head honchos there claiming they don't want this to be seen as a "controversial" title in light of the recent election results in the US.

This fucking guy....
Didn’t they use the slogan “make America nazi-free again” in marketing?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So basically “Our politically charged marketing didn’t get the response we were looking for, so we really don’t want the game to be politically controversial”

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
If killing Nazis is controversial, this is definitely the wrong timeline

• 3Like
  • 2Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone with a brain knows they are attempting to draw a parallel to the current political climate. AKA "right-wingers/Trump supporters who don't agree with us = Nazi's". It doesn't mean they wanna kill these people, but they are definitely playing off that train of thought. Of course Nazi's are bad, but in their mind, they legitimately think there is a wave of fascism in this country, which is fucking hilarious.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They wanna make a controversial game that will still sell like hotcakes, they need to make a Call of Duty or something game where you play as the Nazis, fighting soviets.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
They wanna make a controversial game that will still sell like hotcakes, they need to make a Call of Duty or something game where you play as the Nazis, fighting soviets.

That would be pretty amazing. It would be about a -45 metacritic user score from both the anti-Trumpers and the Russians mobilizing the internet hate.

xzi

Mouthbreather
This game was being developed before the current "political climate", they would be fucking terrible at marketing if they didn't use everything in their power to make parallels to their game to try to sell more copies. All of this couldn't have happened at a better time for them.

Either way, the only thing that really held the last Wolfenstein back for me was 30 fps cap cutscenes because consoles ruin everything. But they've seen to have gotten away from that (thank fuck). The gameplay of Wolfenstein and what they learned with DOOM, gonna be GOTY fps 10/10

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Reviews are coming in, OpenCritic has it at 88 currently. Game Informer gave it a 9.75 if that means anything. I don't really know which publications are known for accepting money for better ratings etc.

Either way, I imagine the game is more of the same, which is perfectly fine with most of us!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I think it's pretty fucking dispicable that they are using the current political climate to drive sales, nothing good can come from this aside form lining their pocket books.

The uniformed masses and people on the left are going to use this as "Call for help", a video game company went out of their way to push for what we need to do to all white people in America( aka Nazis). I give it 1 month before CNN/Slate/Whatever starts pushing this narrative.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
If these games were more nazi-slaying awesomeness and less white guilt, that would be great. However, if you're looking for the Doom experience, this isn't it.

• 1Solidarity

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
If killing Nazis is controversial, this is definitely the wrong timeline

Don't be fucking dense. The marketing was aimed directly at current events, even going so far as to hijack actual politically charged hashtags.

You don't get to bow out and claim you don't want your game to be political when you straight up marketed it that way in the first place.

Boiling it down to "if killing Nazi's is bad i don't wanna be right" is some straight up NeoGaf faggotry level comprehension of the discussion.

• 2Solidarity

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Hey Rafterman Rafterman I want to post in the switch thread to light up that idiot talking about displays who is dead fucking wrong, but I made a promise to give those Nintendo freaks two weeks to whack off on their Mario boxes. You are right. He is wrong. You are also right here.

• 1Salty

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Go for it, Ut. I'd be happy to make you both look like the morons you are. No need to derail two threads with abject stupidity.

• 1Barf
  • 1Solidarity