Woman who was getting her box munched on in public now claiming rape

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Overall, I would agree with you that in most cases "spiking" is bullshit. However I personally saw a girl I know get spiked at a New Year's party in Whitefish Montana a few years back. We know she was spiked because she was going drink for drink with another girl (both of them, along with myself, were tourguides on the ski trip). Normally it's the other girl who gets all fucked up, starts crying, and then fucks the first thing that comes along while the other girl despite being very petite can actually hold her liquor (we were pretty much professional alcoholics, going on ski trips every weekend and drinking very heavily the entire time). The two of them had had maybe 2-3 beers each pre-drinking at the hotel before heading to the bar. Within 45 minutes of being at the bar the petite girl was all over the fucking place, barely able to stand, alternating between giggly and angry, and again the two girls had more or less matched each other's consumption (maybe another 3-4 drinks/shots). The other girl appeared nearly sober.

Thankfully the spiked girl's ex-boyfriend was there, and immediately recognized that something was wrong. At the time and before we'd had a chance to piece her consumption together, I just assumed she'd had a couple too many, too quickly. I thought it was actually pretty funny how fucked up she was. And no, he wasn't the one who did it. They had gotten back together over the previous week or two, so he didn't need to spike her shit, they were already hooking up. Long story short, he took her back to the hotel and she damn near went in to a coma for the next 12 hours. When she woke up the next day, she still felt extremely woozy and almost sort of high. She mentioned that her depth perception was goofed up, that she either felt a lot taller or shorter than normal, I don't remember which.

So yeah, while I agree that it doesn't happen nearly as often as some claim, it does happen from time to time. Thankfully in the above case the girl had a couple friends who saw what was up and made sure she wasn't harmed.
Yeah definitely there are gonna be isolated cases, and if there weren't before the media latched onto the idea, then it became a guarantee that once every news outlet started running 'put this chemical in a chick's drink and you can rape her while she's unconscious!,' there were gonna be idiotic assholes who thought it was an awesome idea. So it's possible the girl in your example got one of those legitimate cases, but they're a tiny, tiny minority.

What I find really interesting is your description of the effects she felt:

She mentioned that her depth perception was goofed up, that she either felt a lot taller or shorter than normal,
Is a really common side effect of dissociative drugs - ketamine, pcp, DXM, nitrous, etc. I'm having a hard time imagining a plausible scenario where one of those could be involved, but that particular manifestation of spacial/perceptual distortion is pretty specific to this class of chemicals. And of course with the rise of research chemicals in the last 3 - 4 years, it's possible to get analogues of these drugs with similar effects in potent powder form online, depending on how long ago this actually happened. The drug geek in me is really curious about what might have been at work there, but not much point in speculating over events so far in the past I guess.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
You sure she wasn't just pilled up on something (that she took herself, obviously) causing her to get fucked up quicklike? It's all the rage nowadays for people to pop xanax/etc and then go drinking. Once again, a lot more likely than some random guy at a bar managing to slip some pills into her drinks without anybody noticing (especially if she was with a group of friends...).
No, she would have admitted to it. She had no reason to lie about what happened. She's not that kind of chick. And I would have been pissed if she didn't share.

nate_sl said:
You do realize you just described exactly what was posted in the article? Girl has approximately eight drinks in a short amount of time and thinks she has been drugged. I'm not saying you're wrong, but what is more likely? That someone slipped an entire pill in her drink and she didn't notice, or that the drinks were stronger/bigger that night and she didn't notice?
It was 6-8 drinks over a period of 3-4 hours. Admittedly, for a petite girl that's a fair amount of booze, however we were professional alcoholics at the time. And again, she had matched her consumption exactly with that of another girl, who was normally the far sloppier of the two when drinking, and that girl was fine. Something definitely happened.

Azrayne_sl said:
Is a really common side effect of dissociative drugs - ketamine, pcp, DXM, nitrous, etc. I'm having a hard time imagining a plausible scenario where one of those could be involved, but that particular manifestation of spacial/perceptual distortion is pretty specific to this class of chemicals. And of course with the rise of research chemicals in the last 3 - 4 years, it's possible to get analogues of these drugs with similar effects in potent powder form online, depending on how long ago this actually happened. The drug geek in me is really curious about what might have been at work there, but not much point in speculating over events so far in the past I guess.
It was three years ago, I believe. Maybe 4.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You got a source for this? It is pretty common knowledge in the brewing community that bacteria that forms in beer is pretty much harmless healthwise. It will make your beer taste like shit but won't make you sick.
I don't have a source, but this only happens when I go to this one particular bar. I get college drunk off 2 beers there on draft. I can't prove anything but it's a solid hunch since I'm not the only one of my friends who's had it happen at this place. I remember reading an article that said in extreme circumstances mold can even form which can have hallucinogenic effects. But I'm at work right now and everything relating to alcohol is blocked so I can't check. Thinking about it, mold makes a lot more sense as to why something like that would happen.

There was also a John Harvard's I used to go to where I was in the mug club. All of a sudden I started getting sick after drinking one beer there... everytime I went. It happened 4 times in a row. One beer then straight to puke city. That could have easily been because they weren't cleaning my mug or something though.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Gotta love the part about how she "doesn't remember anything" but there was no traces of ruffies in her system and how on tape the man asked her if he should stop and she said no. Will anything happen to this woman? Fuck no. All the while the school said it is going to look into it themselves and will probably kick out the guy for all the bullshit and to act they are actually doing something even though a grand jury said there was no rape. Feminism at it's finest.

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
This is retarded.
frown.png