Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Co-worker gave me her HBOmax pass to watch this and I'm not even going to bother for free. I have not seen one positive review of this movie, even outside of here. Thanks for saving me the 2.5 hours.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
was listening to some youtubers say, the movie was originally 3 hours long. i couldn't find any site to back that up, but did see an interview where Jenkins said she wanted the movie to have a slower pace and was 2 hours and 45 mins long. so they either cut 14 mins, if the early cut had credits or around 20 mins if it didn't.
if she meant 2h 45m run time without credits, yeah, that could be 3 hours

Sterling

El Presidente
if they had cut the movie to 90 minutes it wouldnt be Catwoman bad. if it was 90 minutes i would give it a Suicide Squad rank. but since they felt that they needed to obnoxiously torture me for 2 and a half hours. it gets the Catwoman.
This kind of feels like saying that being lectured on OSHA standards is equivalent to being anally fisted by a gorilla because it lasts longer but it definitely was too long.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This kind of feels like saying that being lectured on OSHA standards is equivalent to being anally fisted by a gorilla because it lasts longer but it definitely was too long.
yeah, i guess. catwoman was so bad it felt like a 3 hour movie. this movie was just bad, but because it dragged on for so long. 2.5 hours felt like i was watching it all day.

i had to take a break from it, i threw on Iron Man 2. watched that all the way through. had dinner and a smoke. watched TV. then came back to this and OMG it still dragged and dragged. it was like i was back in school watching that classroom clock waiting for 2:30pm.

• 1Like

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
Are you literally retarded? That was Reagan. Did you not glom on to the fact that the film was set in 1984?

No shit the president in the movie was supposed to be Reagan. And Max Lord is an obvious riff on DJT.

• 1Garbage

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
if they had cut the movie to 90 minutes it wouldnt be Catwoman bad. if it was 90 minutes i would give it a Suicide Squad rank. but since they felt that they needed to obnoxiously torture me for 2 and a half hours. it gets the Catwoman.

Wow it was 2.5 hours? I didn't even notice, it flew by. I skipped a lot of the thread am I really the only one who liked it?

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
No shit the president in the movie was supposed to be Reagan. And Max Lord is an obvious riff on DJT.

Again, are you literally retarded? Trump was never in oil, he's in real estate. Did I miss the scene where lord was a real estate tycoon and building the taj mahal and buying the new jersey generals? Because that's what Trump was up to in 1984. Exactly where would a person with normal cognitive abilities get trump from lord's character?

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Again, are you literally retarded? Trump was never in oil, he's in real estate. Did I miss the scene where lord was a real estate tycoon and building the taj mahal and buying the new jersey generals? Because that's what Trump was up to in 1984. Exactly where would a person with normal cognitive abilities get trump from lord's character?
Lord actually was in real estate, his wishmaster scheme made him own huge piece of land, the people themselves and basically their souls. he never had oil, he was a con man, running a ponzi scheme with the promise of oil as leverage for money and power. he already knew there was no oil in that land. thats what the one investor was yelling at him about. he literally called him out as running a ponzi scheme. thats everything the TDS people accuse Trump of. they call his supporters a cult and that we are brainwashed. whomever wrote this character is one of the twitter mob who cancel people for wrong think. their hope is sending out a golden light to deprogram everyone who doesnt conform to their ideas into "revoking their wish". disown that orange bad man. just revoke him and everything will go back to normal and then you can have your life back.

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Lord actually was in real estate, his wishmaster scheme made him own huge piece of land, the people themselves and basically their souls. he never had oil, he was a con man, running a ponzi scheme with the promise of oil as leverage for money and power. he already knew there was no oil in that land. thats what the one investor was yelling at him about. he literally called him out as running a ponzi scheme. thats everything the TDS people accuse Trump of. they call his supporters a cult and that we are brainwashed. whomever wrote this character is one of the twitter mob who cancel people for wrong think. their hope is sending out a golden light to deprogram everyone who doesnt conform to their ideas into "revoking their wish". disown that orange bad man. just revoke him and everything will go back to normal and then you can have your life back.

No he didn't own the land. In that dressing down scene from the investor he talked about buying the rights to land with no oil. That's mineral rights he was talking about. He was clearly drilling on those leases because at one point all of his wells hit. When he tricked the first prince into wishing on him, what did he try to take? His oil. When he had none, he moved on to people who had some. The news report right after that said that overnight he owned half of the world's oil reserves not half if the world's landmass.

I can't even say 'nice try' because it wasn't. He was in oil.

And technically Trump did run a ponzi scheme for 4 years. It's called social security.

• 1EyeRoll

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
No he didn't own the land. In that dressing down scene from the investor he talked about buying the rights to land with no oil. That's mineral rights he was talking about. He was clearly drilling on those leases because at one point all of his wells hit. When he tricked the first prince into wishing on him, what did he try to take? His oil. When he had none, he moved on to people who had some. The news report right after that said that overnight he owned half of the world's oil reserves not half if the world's landmass.

I can't even say 'nice try' because it wasn't. He was in oil.

And technically Trump did run a ponzi scheme for 4 years. It's called social security.
oil wasnt his ultimate goal, it was just a stepping stone to own everything and everyone. he thought simply owning all the oil would be enough for him. that field he was drilling on was shit tier, he knew it was shit tier. others had noped out of those fields because it was shit tier. thats why he owned it, because nobody wants shit tier, but he thought he could fool people into believing it wasnt and cheat his way to the top. its all a metaphor. oil was just a means to an end. when he saw his life flash before him, you didnt see him speculating oil. you saw some loser trying to fit in with "winners" when he was clearly a loser. its the callback to that horrible opening scene where diana tried to cheat her way to win the olympic event.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
oil wasnt his ultimate goal, it was just a stepping stone to own everything and everyone. he thought simply owning all the oil would be enough for him. that field he was drilling on was shit tier, he knew it was shit tier. others had noped out of those fields because it was shit tier. thats why he owned it, because nobody wants shit tier, but he thought he could fool people into believing it wasnt and cheat his way to the top. its all a metaphor. oil was just a means to an end. when he saw his life flash before him, you didnt see him speculating oil. you saw some loser trying to fit in with "winners" when he was clearly a loser. its the callback to that horrible opening scene where diana tried to cheat her way to win the olympic event.

Everything is a means to an end. The end is always to earn money and take over the world. Lord's means was oil. Trump's means is real estate. Mine is programming. Yours is sucking dick. If you speak that broadly we're all the same.

The scenes of his childhood are another swing and a miss on any Trump comparison. All the stories we know about him are that he was the bully. Just stop dude, you're embarrassing yourself.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Everything is a means to an end. The end is always to earn money and take over the world. Lord's means was oil. Trump's means is real estate. Mine is programming. Yours is sucking dick. If you speak that broadly we're all the same.

The scenes of his childhood are another swing and a miss on any Trump comparison. All the stories we know about him are that he was the bully. Just stop dude, you're embarrassing yourself.
1u5zeo.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>

It's a pretty straightforward comparison and not exactly subtle. The fact that you missed it leads me to believe you are, in fact, a retarded libcuck faggot.

🍴💩⚰️🏳️‍🌈

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

I have the movie downloaded now. Was considering seeing if I could trim it up into something decent. Like remove opening scene, mall scene, any trace of cheetah or when wiig is being bad. Trim out like Wonder Woman and Steve in bed. Etc.

• 1Worf

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
My wife had an interesting take on it. She said "I thought they pulled off the 80's bad acting perfectly". It made me chuckle.

I also cant fathom Pedro Pascal. Dude can act. Did the director tell him to play the part like this over acting soap star? This villain would would have been perfect played low key and Pascal can do that. Its like the director told him on day 1 to pretend he is channeling Gary Oldman from Leon, the Professional but to do it as badly as possible. I cant imagine paying 20 bucks to have seen this in a theater. I wont blame it having a female director, because as long as Kathryn Bigelow is directing movies, females are capable of doing great work. This one just had a bad director.
I thought Pedro was Nathan Fillion. Then I wished it was, because he could have pulled all that ham off.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Hey guys,

I completed my fan edit of Wonder Woman 1984, and I uploaded it to YouTube.

My changes:

I added a song from the actual 1980s as background.
I cut down the scenes in the mall to make it look like modern WW action and not the campy mess it was.
Cut out some of the ridiculous parts of the reunion of WW and Steve, to keep it emotionally appropriate
Removed the ridiculous parts surrounding getting in the jet (oh we have a fueled up jet sitting in the smithsonian that can fly to egypt), and the stupid invisible jet part
Dramatic entrance for Kristin Wiig
Less than three seconds visible of Themyscuria
No bad guy being a buffoon
Removed the CGI cat / cat buttholes
Revised all action scenes to look excellent, and synced them up to the 1980s sound track
Got rid of all parts where WW is weak
Removed slow motion wonder woman running
Got rid of stupid subplot where bad guy isn't a good dad
No "all males try to rape women runners" plot
Removed all stupid superman flying scenes, we will keep the lighting lasso
Glamorous armor reveal kept, but not showing that its strongest armor ever and a cat destroys it lol

Link:

You have to admit, this makes the movie look fucking good! Too bad they had to come along and add all the other shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 4Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 7 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I didn't hate it. I didn't like it. I was just kinda bored. So was the wife and we both really enjoyed the first one. I'll give the director credit for attempting to not just do a rehash of the first, but this fell flat. Gal Gadot is going to end up typecast as WW and just about owns the role as well as Carter did. I barely remember the old show though.... Just bizarre editing choices and humongous plot holes. So much inconsistency. It almost seemed as if Max had just met Minerva later in the movie to the point I'd forgotten they'd pretty much fucked in her office. I don't even think the actors were that bad except Wiig doing a few terrible deliveries. The content was just meh. And despite being set in the 80's I didn't really feel it like I have other nostalgia cash-ins...Maybe that's a positive? Terrible story and the director and editor clearly messed up. Maybe she's M Night Shyamalan of FEMALE POWER DIRECTORS...Monster was good. Wonder Woman was good. This was fucking boring and that's worse than being trash to me.

Man of Steel was better than this. Batman V Superman might have been...I haven't watched that since I made the mistake of seeing it in theaters.