World of Tanks

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fucker

Log Wizard
It's not a bad day when you unlock one T9 and most of another T9.

God damn it to hell, yesterday was pure muppetville. My session WR is normally around 60%, and all I could get was 45%. 5 games in a row where 10-12 players on my team didn't even shoot their tank's HP in damage, and 1/3 did ZERO damage.

Some days you are the seal, some days you are the club.

:emoji_grimacing:

Fucker

Log Wizard
No, its just that the standard b is newer, so its the new(-er) hotness. The Skoda's fast clip is still spiffy.

I hope the Skoda isn't as fragile as the Italian tanks. Pantera is a decent tank, but it's the most dainty fucking thing that loses modules if an arty drops a shell in your zip code. I played my T-44-100 last night, and it is a real tank compared to the Pantera. Almost never loses modules. Bounces shots regularly, has a good gun. Also, a true hovermed. Pantera is a real fat arse in comparison.

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
Its similar in terms of survivability to the Pantera. And yeah, the T-44-100 is surprisingly annoying to shoot at. :)

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Wolverine is ok. You can fork off to the Hellcat branch after that.

Avoid heavies for now. It's easier to learn the game in medium tanks. The KV-1S/KV-85/IS/IS3/Object 257/IS7 are the most nimble and noob friendly, though.

Hellcat used to be my jam til they nerfed it hard a couple years back, Wolverines never did get nerfed. never sold the HC, still play it.

Still love my Wolvie. Just now was down 7 tanks and still managed to pull out a win with just me and an arty vs. 1 hvy, 2 meds and a scout at the end.

wolfie.PNG

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
Hellcat used to be my jam til they nerfed it hard a couple years back, Wolverines never did get nerfed. never sold the HC, still play it.

Still love my Wolvie. Just now was down 7 tanks and still managed to pull out a win with just me and an arty vs. 1 hvy, 2 meds and a scout at the end.

View attachment 219660

You did a lot more damage then my entire TIER TEN team did yesterday. FOUR TIER TEN tanks did ZERO damage.

• 1Worf

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
They are really pushing getting players back to the game apparently. I got several emails about it over the last week. Free premium tanks and some other stuff and some events. Haven't played in 4-5 years.

Fucker

Log Wizard
They are really pushing getting players back to the game apparently. I got several emails about it over the last week. Free premium tanks and some other stuff and some events. Haven't played in 4-5 years.

Population on NA has been declining for a long time. I'm surprised they haven't shut it all down and moved NA players to EU.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Population on NA has been declining for a long time. I'm surprised they haven't shut it all down and moved NA players to EU.

NA now has a ton of South American players, I get in matches where everyone is speaking Mexicunt, I just yell 'No Bueno' a lot ...

Fucker

Log Wizard
NA now has a ton of South American players, I get in matches where everyone is speaking Mexicunt, I just yell 'No Bueno' a lot ...

SA players are the only players to shoot me for no reason. They had their own server, but there's not enough electricity on that continent to run it.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I'm trying to grind the last 8k for my first tier 5.
So many damned losses. So many incompetent players and teams. Fml. Maybe in 2 weeks!

Fucker

Log Wizard
Cry me a river I need to grind 6M credits to get my M48.

M48 has an awesome gun. I think the best gun in the game. Also, it's the one tank that I'm not outmatched in. I am comfortable squaring off against any tank with it.

I dusted off my T30 yesterday. Got Prokhorovka and no arty. I went hull down on hill and farmed idiots and got a lucky ammo rack on an AMX almost from full HP.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
M48 has an awesome gun. I think the best gun in the game. Also, it's the one tank that I'm not outmatched in. I am comfortable squaring off against any tank with it.

I dusted off my T30 yesterday. Got Prokhorovka and no arty. I went hull down on hill and farmed idiots and got a lucky ammo rack on an AMX almost from full HP.

I am getting annoyed by a lot of folks obviously using aimbots. Getting ammo rack one shotted by people at a full roll half way across the map in the first 90 secs of a match is making me pretty mad at WG for not busting cheaters.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I am getting annoyed by a lot of folks obviously using aimbots. Getting ammo rack one shotted by people at a full roll half way across the map in the first 90 secs of a match is making me pretty mad at WG for not busting cheaters.

Quite a few people don't even bother to hide their cheats, either. Why? WG doesn't ban at all. Their last ban wave, they took out 1400 players total from ALL their servers. Riiightt, WG. Your player base is the most honest on the planet! :rolleyes:

There are people who are excellent shots, and then there are the impossible shots who hit 100% all the time. Hell, a simple search query on their player stats DB would result in at least 25% of their users waking up to no account the next day.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Quite a few people don't even bother to hide their cheats, either. Why? WG doesn't ban at all. Their last ban wave, they took out 1400 players total from ALL their servers. Riiightt, WG. Your player base is the most honest on the planet! :rolleyes:

There are people who are excellent shots, and then there are the impossible shots who hit 100% all the time. Hell, a simple search query on their player stats DB would result in at least 25% of their users waking up to no account the next day.

I was waiting on a count down and guy says in chat , player X is a notorious bot, posts a link to the account stats, 5000 matches, 3% wins. I am guessing someone figured out how to load alt acct on opposing teams. Funny enough we won and probably upped his win rate.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I was waiting on a count down and guy says in chat , player X is a notorious bot, posts a link to the account stats, 5000 matches, 3% wins. I am guessing someone figured out how to load alt acct on opposing teams. Funny enough we won and probably upped his win rate.

I would think a 3% WR would be impossible. He didn't load an alt account, it's just that some botters are easy to spot, especially during low #player times. Play at 10AM during the work week when school is in, and half the lower tier teams are full of bots.

And then the players who are just plain bad at the game. 40k+ games with single digit WN8. How in fuck are people that stupid? (this is a rhetorical question). There's a guy that plays a Super Pershing almost exclusively, and he only shoots HE in it. I first ran into him 4 years ago, and every now and then ever since...always shooting HE. His WN8 doesn't even register as red. He could quadruple his damage just by using AP.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Dont think I have gone a single day without hate tells, I lol so hard, who the fuck has time for that after a match. Folks who get knocked out early really sit there and jot your name down and then type rage at you while you are still in battle? I wish WG gave out badges for that.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh shit. So it's like the original era of EQ when they fucked up the numbers for the xp grind before hitting 60 but they've done it on purpose? Those assholes.

They've done it on purpose because they want you to roll with premium.

They say it's +50% credits and exp, but that's only accurate for exp. You'll literally get there 50% faster.

But for credits, it's so much more, because you need to subtract repair costs every single battle as well.
You fucked up, lost your tier 9 heavy without dealing any damage? That's a 20k repair bill, and you made 15k that match. So you lose 5k.
Except with Premium account, you instead make 2500. I don't even know how to accurately put this in math.

Is high tier ammo still 1000 credits a shot? So even when you're successful, premium kicks in hard, it's not just for bad rounds.

20k repair, 30k ammo resupply, 80k reward = 30k without premium, 70k with premium. +133%, not +50%.

but yeah, the worst part about this game are the completely retarded facerollers who probably struggle with all simple tasks in life. And there's no getting away from them.

• 1Like