World of Warcraft: Classic

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
There were plenty of rough design choices in the game. Plate always costing more to repair, tanking Rag used to do a crazy number on your tanking weapon. If I recall it would melt that shit in on time flat.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So I have been playing on Northdale for the last couple of weeks now and I have been going slow just fucking around with looking through leveling guides. Trying to play with different things, remembering different dungeons. Forgetting that leveling professions require books that are out in the middle of nowhere. I have been having a blast with this and really I can't wait until Classic comes out. It will be really fun to run through these raids again, I know it sounds cliche but it really does feel like a totally different style of game. I don't know what about it is so appealing but I haven't gotten into really into a game for a while. There are so many little things like how much more engaging it was to play with stances.

At the same time I do have to say the private servers are pure dregs of humanity. The level of autistic cunts who spend 4-5 hours a day every day camping lowbie zones is unreal. I guess with the server being as old as it is the rang rang faggots who all seem to be NE 60 Hunters have nothing to do. If nothing else it does make me hate the opposing faction.

Last edited:

Dalien

Registered Hodor
A stupid ass memory that I had repressed for years just occurred to me, in which I was REALLY bad at making gold to the point where sometimes I didn't even have repair money, so to save that extra tiny bit of gold I could I would manually unequip my weapon every single time I was about to die in raid, that's actually how I leveled my unarmed skill up

Unequipping your weapon before a wipe was definitely a thing in classic. You couldn't swap armor in combat but you could swap your weapon. Gold was so scarce back then and everyone did it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So I have been playing on Northdale for the last couple of weeks now and I have been going slow just fucking around with looking through leveling guides. Trying to play with different things, remembering different dungeons. Forgetting that leveling professions require books that are out in the middle of nowhere. I have been having a blast with this and really I can't wait until Classic comes out. It will be really fun to run through these raids again, I know it sounds cliche but it really does feel like a totally different style of game. I don't know what about it is so appealing but I haven't gotten into really into a game for a while. There are so many little things like how much more engaging it was to play with stances.

At the same time I do have to say the private servers are pure dregs of humanity. The level of autistic cunts who spend 4-5 hours a day every day camping lowbie zones is unreal. I guess with the server being as old as it is the rang rang faggots who all seem to be NE 60 Hunters have nothing to do. If nothing else it does make me hate the opposing faction.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Am I being trolled? Reddit is telling me Troll is the best tank race for classic because the health regen is best for threat.

How the fuck is that better than 25% stun resistance or 5% stamina?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well for one, 5% stamina doesn't help you at all for anything. You're never going to be in a situation where 5% extra hp would do anything for you.

Second, what is stun resistance even good for? I don't remember any bosses stunning you

Trolls have the axe racial too don't they or was that orc?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Berserking I thought. Don't remember if trolls even had Berserk in vanilla since I went orc.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Orc has the axe racial. Troll has bow. I think orcs had a per bonus or some shit too. Btu in reality those bonuses amount to nothing lol.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Orc has the axe racial. Troll has bow. I think orcs had a per bonus or some shit too. Btu in reality those bonuses amount to nothing lol.
5 skill points or whatever it is = more dps = more tps.

Not sure about the health Regen thing. I guess that could be more threat

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
or the undead CC removal racial on 2 min cooldown too. that shit was really useful in PvP until you got the PvP trinket.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You guys are missing perception. Maybe seeing one of the 9 classes a second earlier is such a game changer!!!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
yeah but minmaxxing a 15 year old game is fucking gay and the content is a joke aside from like 4 bosses in naxx

DO IT FOR THE FASHION

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
A stupid ass memory that I had repressed for years just occurred to me, in which I was REALLY bad at making gold to the point where sometimes I didn't even have repair money, so to save that extra tiny bit of gold I could I would manually unequip my weapon every single time I was about to die in raid, that's actually how I leveled my unarmed skill up

Just get herbalism + mining and forget a crafting skill. Have guildies make pots/armor for you.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
yeah but minmaxxing a 15 year old game is fucking gay and the content is a joke aside from like 4 bosses in naxx

DO IT FOR THE FASHION
I'm planning for the content that comes after Classic content.

• 1Hodjing