World of Warcraft: Classic

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Keep in mind threat is not going to be an issue in 1.12

I don't think this is true still. You are right that it is improved over launch but threat was still a major limiting factor for dps for the pserver guilds even the alliance ones with Blessing of Salv. Then again it is a pserver so it isn't like we have anything concrete to compare.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well fuck all. I had almost forgotten about having to limit my threat in MC. Was so annoying to feel like I had to add the ability that lowered my threat into my rotation. I cant even remember what the hell it was called, but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough. Adds a bit more depth to a fight/s, but was still annoying as hell.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I know its not end game with end game gears, but you can see how warriors have a hard time keeping threat with the streamers doing dungeons. Its definitely not like current wow, lol.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I don't think this is true still. You are right that it is improved over launch but threat was still a major limiting factor for dps for the pserver guilds even the alliance ones with Blessing of Salv. Then again it is a pserver so it isn't like we have anything concrete to compare.

Not in my experience

Chris

Potato del Grande
What's the point having a different guild name?

Have a comedy name for the alts guild.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I was more talking about aoe type shit, which probably consists of 80-90% of any dungeon/raid, Is fucking clearing trash. In todays wow I dont think I ever pulled aggro from a tank not once and im usually top 1 or 2 DPS when I was leveling up my huntard recently, but thats just blue dungeons.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I think there is going to be some letdown here when everyone makes it to lvl 60 and then all the the raiding content gets beat on the first few attempts while most of the server is still leveling.

I remember on some pserver a long time ago it was way more fun simply leveling compared raiding and destroying the content it because everyone knew the good gear and strats ez. I mean it will still be fun of course, and some people are truly trying to be "end game raiders", i just think it will vary a bunch between folks.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I really don't care what everyone else is doing. If they beat it all the first week I wouldn't mind.

I just want to level up and have fun then find a 2-3 night a week progression guild.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I really don't care what everyone else is doing. If they beat it all the first week I wouldn't mind.

I just want to level up and have fun then find a 2-3 night a week progression guild.

I think this is pretty much the area I intend to be in as well. While I certainly admit there is a part of me that would love to go all out it's the same issue with the top end Mythic raiding in BFA at some point going so hard it ceases to be a game any longer and becomes a job. There is a balance somewhere between.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I'm taking a week off (capped out on PTO and need to burn it down since I don't know what a vacation is) to no life as close to 60 as I can get, then casualling after that because there is no reason to be world first and I'm expecting maybe a month before we get our shit together and actually get into MC.

I also need to figure out how to get Hydraxian rep for once in my life and maybe actually level cooking and fishing for the first time.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So to take it a step further let's look at some of the stacking people do on the private servers and intend to do on the live game.

These are just possible world buffs on top of your normal class buffs and consumables. It is not uncommon for groups to stack as many of the above buffs and get to the raid instance and log out just to keep the timers. It is also one of the reasons fury warriors are so strong is due to the way they scale.

Take a look at the list below to get an idea of the consumables you should bring if you want to min/max.

Comprehensive Classic WoW Consumables List

Then it just keeps going. If you are going to be useful to your raid and min/mix there are tons of potions buffs and other items you will need to get which pretty much all but flasks are wiped upon death. So having everything from potions, food buffs, whiper root tubers, engineering items, the list goes on and on.

Then you get to the point of how much mix, max do you want to go. There absolutely will be split runs of content such as MC with a mix of peoples alts and mains. Running MC, Ony 4-5 times a week funneling peoples mains through for gear.

Then we have the PVP grind pushing Rank 14's through week after week running 12+ hour days or even more likely account sharing by some. Because make no mistake the Rank 14 gear is better than BWL gear in many cases.

These are just some examples of what to expect out of the ultra hard core guilds going into Classic. What level of prep is reasonable and what is too much? This is actually a decent question I would be interested in your guys thoughts.

Also don't forget that classic is a game beyond just raiding in no small part because of consumables and prepping the best you can before you even step foot in a raid.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Also on the other side of things. Wiping a guild heading to raid all buffed up on their way to a zone and wiping their buffs should give you all big boners.

giphy.gif

• 4Weird Boner
  • 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

There isn't going to be progression guilds/raids unless you purposefully decide to play with the scrubbiest of scrubs on your server