World of Warcraft: Classic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

xzi

Mouthbreather
I do hope they keep layering in for a few months though because I have so many friends playing that I am going to exploit the fuck out of thorium veins in winterspring

get dat mount money

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
They also specifically said they're removing it for phase 2 because it absolutely will ruin world bosses. So I don't know what you're on about. That link has nothing to do with layering or sharding.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They also specifically said they're removing it for phase 2 because it absolutely will ruin world bosses. So I don't know what you're on about. That link has nothing to do with layering or sharding.

They said they'll remove "layering", semantics aside there's definitely gonna be a "connected realms" sharding tech at some point, especially when past the release hype train trend. We all know server merging is a taboo and no one wants to play on that "past release" dead server.

xzi

Mouthbreather
There's not going to be any dead servers if they don't open an extra 80 servers this time, like they're already doing by saying they're launching with only a few.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
7 hours to get to level 14.5 as UD mage. I dicked around with Herbalism (got it up to 60/75), Tailoring (60/75) and fishing (20/75) and I didn't try to blow through the quests or do them in any sort of efficient order. 1-12 in Tirisfall and Silverpine, then the rest in the Barrens. This may have been a decent representation of the madness of opening week with the competition for mobs, but I suspect it will extend up through lvl 20 whereas the competition died down after 12-ish this time around.

2 mobs is death (before CC) and elite are no joke (had a lvl 15 spider hit for 120 a pop). But, it was really fun to think about how to get a quest mob surrounded by lackies and have a sense of danger. Just running around through Silverpine was exceptionally dangerous due to mob density and character weakness.

By the end I had a green robe I made, a green staff from a quest, and green gloves I looted. Gave away a few greens to other classes as well. But, gear is rare and every bit helps.

I don't think 7 hours (call it 8 to hit lvl 15) should deter anyone. Yes, it's harder than the loot-lobby that is retail. But, it's not as bad as some people's memories make it out to be.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
1.12 was quite a bit easier than the launch version. That shit was AIDS as a clothy. After 1.12, I got bored and leveled up a second druid on alliance up to around lvl 47 before I really realized I was wasting my time.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Avoid Streamers.

xl1an4hnnl531.jpg

• 3Barf
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Basically what other mmos would call a Channel. Except you can't willingly go to other "layers" purposefully by only yourself, or at least you're not supposed to be able to.

It's a shard, but it's the entire world instead of just one zone.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
What the fuck is a "layer"?

It's kind of like sharding from retail except it's game wide. So as an example instead of making 3 different servers and needing to merge them there is 3 layers of the same server and as people fall off they simply merge them together.

ut1byz022fy21.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Roll on the opposite side on a big streamer server so we have low queues and the server never gets low pop.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Opposite side of streamers is definitely a solid idea.

• 2Like

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
They're going to have entire armies of weirdo fanboys protecting them, could backfire.

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They're going to have entire armies of weirdo fanboys protecting them, could backfire.

Yeah, but based on what Ive seen watching some of those strims, they are all bad. Leadership is bad, and some are big gaping pussies to boot.

• 1Truth!