World of Warcraft: Classic

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Probably to fill the expected gap of time they would have on Live, considering after Azshara, there's barely a whisper of what's to come so far.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Out of curiosity when does Blizzard typically launch these types of things? They say Aug 27th but like.. midnight? Noon?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Out of curiosity when does Blizzard typically launch these types of things? They say Aug 27th but like.. midnight? Noon?

I recommend everyone bookmark this. It's the best countdown I found. Shows exact time until launch and also the character creation and name reservation.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
1564625954692.png

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
The best part of the game is raiding and pvp so if you are already burned out and haven't even reached the real game yet, I dunno what to tell you.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Is the forum guild server going to be decided during the character creation phase or later?

As soon as we have some information. I mean they haven't released servers yet but I am hoping we get something before the character creation phase, if not by character creation at latest.

• 1Like

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is the "delayed and not rescheduled" stress test a red flag for anyone else? It sounded like they needed it and then now they don't?

misery

Is the "delayed and not rescheduled" stress test a red flag for anyone else? It sounded like they needed it and then now they don't?

They might just need more time to work out the kinks in their layering system or whatever they're doing to combat the problems that occurred last time. Another theory is that they could be waiting for the character creation and name reservation day to start the stress test, so they can kill two birds with one stone. It's a little odd that they haven't said anything about it in a while since people were expecting it to happen last week, but they haven't announced a push-back of the launch date so I'm not too worried at the moment.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah im not worried too much either. Im sure they have some good baseline numbers now and how the system works and what the flaws are. Im sure they also have a way to adjust shit on the fly like they were doing in the past stress tests. The opening day will probably still be a cluster fuck, but im sure that was a given on the sheer amount of people which wanna play this.

Also just learned that Destiny 2 expansion is being pushed back to Oct so this gives me like five weeks of this. which im sure I will be 60 by like 2-3 weeks. So I will be in maintenance mode by then.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I remember how contested really slow spawns were on the original release day, and it was pretty fucking horrid. The orc/troll area was particularly brutal. Situations like warlocks needing drops from vile familiars to get their imp are going to be terrible.

• 1Truth!

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Kind of want to do troll mage for the pve min/max instead of undead like always, but just can't get on board visually unfortunately.

misery

I remember how contested really slow spawns were on the original release day, and it was pretty fucking horrid. The orc/troll area was particularly brutal. Situations like warlocks needing drops from vile familiars to get their imp are going to be terrible.

Yep, every questing area has those quests too. Skeletons and their parts, zombies, pelts, paws and pumpkins for Undead. Orcs and Trolls have peons, scorpids, cactus apples, imps and Sarkoth. Alliance is the same. Even Tauren have a lot of those kinds of quests. The good thing about Tauren is they're the least played race Horde side and their starting area is so expansive. It might not be the most accurate example, but here's a census of around 46,000 players from the beta to see which characters they chose. Of course it doesn't contain all the character data since it was voluntary to submit data I believe, but it gives a decent estimate I think.

You should ideally have around half the players of the other starting zones. More or less depending on if you get lucky or unlucky with layering, or if they implement sharding. That combined with the expansiveness of Mulgore, and you should have a smoother experience than the others.

Kind of want to do troll mage for the pve min/max instead of undead like always, but just can't get on board visually unfortunately.

You just have to feel the love mon.

Last edited:

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Trolls are the Jar Jar Binks of WoW, freaking hated Trolls. I played Orc and Tauren last time so thinking undead this go around.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Tauren and NE will have a slightly easier time but yeah every starting zone is gonna be a zoo. As an orc warlock I will be beelining directly to the familiars for my imp quest while most people do the boat quest. If I wasn’t a warlock I would instead try to run to the orc that gives the Sarkoth quest and be the first to do that but that’s risky. Getting your imp as a lock is so huge though that you just need to hit 3 and then you can leave the starting zone ahead of almost everybody else and jump right into the level 5 quests.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
From what I remember on the private server, shit was packed everywhere. Chances are there will be 100-200 people that have the same idea as you do, lol.