World of Warcraft: Classic

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You're right that they are a bunch of pussies. God I hate blizzard developers. Maybe Holly will be able to convince them though, as she still has the "small guy company" attitude to risk something unique and big. Just remember...you think you do, but you don't. They still fundamentally think that way. The sheer arrogance and stubbornness is mind blowing.

I really dont think Holly was brought in to make waves, but to maximize the potential of the cash shop for classic/bc/wotlk and keep that treadmill going. In my mind, she is essentially there to do exactly that - boosts, exp pots, (EverQuest Cash Shop) etc. like Dalien Dalien just said. I wouldnt look for her to be the saving grace of anything, and wouldnt set her up to be some potential savior or make significant changes. Far too much corporate red tape to go through even if she did want to.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I really dont think Holly was brought in to make waves, but to maximize the potential of the cash shop for classic/bc/wotlk and keep that treadmill going. In my mind, she is essentially there to do exactly that - boosts, exp pots, (EverQuest Cash Shop) etc. like Dalien Dalien just said. I wouldnt look for her to be the saving grace of anything, and wouldnt set her up to be some potential savior or make significant changes. Far too much corporate red tape to go through even if she did want to.

Couldn't be more on the nose if you tried.
source.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Who is Holly?
Until recently she was in charge of EQ and I think? a major reason for TLP's becoming a regular thing. Blizzard poached her for WoW classic. I honestly don't know much about her, I was just guessing and maybe hoping that she'd be forward thinking.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Until recently she was in charge of EQ and I think? a major reason for TLP's becoming a regular thing. Blizzard poached her for WoW classic. I honestly don't know much about her, I was just guessing and maybe hoping that she'd be forward thinking.
They poached someone from... Everquest? TLP?? What are these acronyms?

• 1Salty

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
They poached someone from... Everquest?
Not the first one. Steve Danuser (google: Moorgard) was also poached from SOE. That's why people are apprehensive about them.

They've ruined their own lands, they'll not ruin mine!

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Time-Locked Progression.

Prepare for constant Classic->TBC->Velious green servers.
Wait, did you mean to type Velious and not Wrath of the Lich King? Or was that a Freudian slip since both games have an icy third expansion? :D

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Man, I’m down with classic - tbc - Wotlk seasons every two years. I still ain’t giving these fucks money for it. Maybe they can set up a separate company ran by that dude that voiced Thrall.

Chris

Potato del Grande
They need to work out an expansion rotation and retire the game.

Like there's servers for each expansion, ability to transfer between them, and maybe one of them has some sort of bonus to focus the community on one place.

Then make WoW 2 and have some bonuses for stuff you did in WoW 1 to encourage people to still play it, like a mount for each expansion you finished.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
They need to work out an expansion rotation and retire the game.

Like there's servers for each expansion, ability to transfer between them, and maybe one of them has some sort of bonus to focus the community on one place.

Then make WoW 2 and have some bonuses for stuff you did in WoW 1 to encourage people to still play it, like a mount for each expansion you finished.
The problem isn't the game. Its the people making the game.

Personnel is policy.

If they made WOW2, it would also suck.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
The problem isn't the game. Its the people making the game.

Personnel is policy.

If they made WOW2, it would also suck.
Oh that's absolutely true.

But I think it's difficult for them to make meaningful content now, the lore is exhausted as of BFA, they can't keep making bigger weapons and shoulderpads, they can't keep releasing 50 recoloured mounts every patch and have any of that be meaningful.

They need to take a break, design systems which will last long term, pace rewards so that they are rare and meaningful, have a time skip and develop new lore in line with Warcraft and not whatever the fuck Shadowlands is. They need A Realm Reborn.

Can current day Blizzard pull it off? No.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They KNOW it helps. They did it in retail years ago. It's just stubborn assholes being stubborn assholes.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
As usual the only ones complaining are the degenerate sociopaths who purportedly rolled Alliance just for faster queues but can't enjoy an advantage unless others are suffering the lack of it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users