World of Warcraft: Classic

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Wow who would have guessed Classic forever servers would be ghost towns.

Surprised Meme GIF

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
At least that's changed so far. The new MC is quite anti-melee and with all the mage nerfs to leveling, not sure. I think warlocks will get a bump up with the debuff limit removed. It will never be like the real classic experience again no matter what.

I wonder how many servers there will be this time. Do they make less and just layer it as they seem to have a problem with merges if you look at TBC server health.
How can they fuck it up, let me count the ways.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
While molten core is whatever, definitely more interesting but molten core is bottom of the barrel easy mode shit.

BWL and AQ40 hard mode? Naxx hard mode? Patchwork might not be a straight tank n spank gear check?

The pvp gear is actually going to be quite important for progression if the content is going to be a struggle for your average classic andy.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
So is Blizzard's intent with this new server for it be a hard mode? Does that include changes to pvp or is it just pve end game?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So is Blizzard's intent with this new server for it be a hard mode? Does that include changes to pvp or is it just pve end game?

BGs are in from day one along with the full honor system. That's the only PvP change I've seen so far.

If anything is on the table I'd like some dual talent spec shit please.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
So it's exactly the same as the first one.
nah, much worse than the first time around.
Harder raids by themselves will create drama just from not-so-elite guild's hitting roadblocks and players jumping ship, but add on to that 1/2 as many raid lockouts (so assuming half as much loot) before each phase unlocks, just sounds like a shitshow of epic proportions.

everything from loot council guilds funnelling everything to the main tank cus "shits hard now," until they hit a roadblock and main tank upgrades to the next more uber guild, to dkp guilds first and only nelth tear going to a shadow priest or boomkin who sat on dkp cus there's "nothing to buy in MC anyway". shit's going to be epic. Not going to lie, they had me when they said no world buffs, hated that shit more than anything, I was ready to go, but all the extra shit? nah.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
nah, much worse than the first time around.
Harder raids by themselves will create drama just from not-so-elite guild's hitting roadblocks and players jumping ship, but add on to that 1/2 as many raid lockouts (so assuming half as much loot) before each phase unlocks, just sounds like a shitshow of epic proportions.

everything from loot council guilds funnelling everything to the main tank cus "shits hard now," until they hit a roadblock and main tank upgrades to the next more uber guild, to dkp guilds first and only nelth tear going to a shadow priest or boomkin who sat on dkp cus there's "nothing to buy in MC anyway". shit's going to be epic. Not going to lie, they had me when they said no world buffs, hated that shit more than anything, I was ready to go, but all the extra shit? nah.

Wow what a shit take... Literally claiming welfare epics are good for the game.

At least your consistent that whatever guild "you" are in will be a shitter guild that anyone that has decent gear will abandon ship for a better one asap.

Literally everything you said is a negative that has nothing to do with the game and is instead a "you" problem and not the game or its mechanics but the people playing it.

Definitely sounds like you play retail with easy content and no master loot because that is specifically what you wish classic wow had.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
You know, I was scared they wouldn't fuck up the launch like they did last time. But here they are, doing the exact same thing. Way to learn guys; awesome. Bet won.
I'll wait till a day after launch to see how things stand. I'm not gonna sit in a fucking queue and pay for the privilege. They get my money when they have released all the serves they are gonna release, and there is one without a queue.

• 1Like

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the 1 name thing is a good idea. Will give a pretty good idea. They also have said they will open more servers for name reservations the next day. Closing the servers though is new. Last time they just let people create on them. This time they are closing them once it fills up with name reservation. And only having 1 name lets people not just make them on servers they won't play.

• 1Like

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Opening them days before for 'names' is just an obvious cash grab. What does it matter that you log in now to make your name, or day of release. They have no confidence in their product. They saw what happened last time. They really think everyone is gonna hit that sub button just to select a name. Sorry, my name isn't 'arsemon silver'. You'll know if i'm gonna sub and play the day of, and not before.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think there's a single person from my classic guild that is going to play this. To me it's pointless unless they start adding new content to the game or at the very least add more drops to the bosses. Who wants to farm MC again with that shitty itemization?

They should have gone the old-school Runescape route of adding new shit. There's no shortage of unused areas in classsic WoW.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm interested in seeing how things go with Season of Mastery and whatever follows after that but I still think that the general pace of WoW Classic (even with much better TBC-esque exp rates) is too slow. Everyone knows they aren't going to be be max level in forty hours building fat krono stacks with their shorter unlock timers pulling in 3/4/5 times as much loot as anyone would have been able to in era. You're going to do your Molten Core and your Onyxia and next week you'll do them again and the week after that and the week after that while all the same loot is contested.

What I'm expecting to see happen is all of the time gained with the better leveling lost in the push to get exalted in the different battlegrounds and farm PvP gear. WoW raiders tend to like their optimization and the people showing up for the harder raid content are going to expect everyone to have their shit most ricky-tick.

Jasker

brown please <Wow Guild Officer> /brown please
Gonna try out SoM. Alliance side east PVP Jom Gabbar likely.

I think I convinced Guttermouth Guttermouth / Wackyweed to dabble too if any of you FoH classic people care to dick around with us, or anyone else. I'm probably going paladin.

Also I know its cringe to give blizzard money at this point but vanilla/classic private servers are dead and my MMORPG fix is necessary.

BoozeCube BoozeCube I know you don't want to play, but technically if you RP'd/reprised your method acting role as elpriesto and paid with prepaid cards on a new account connecting with nordVPN, would it even be you?

Anyways, while there were ups and downs with FoH in classic (for me at least), had some good times... (Random story for anyone that cares to read):

One night when we were trying to go to Naxx alliance was blocking the entrance and other locations and we were crawling and fighting skirmishes with our alts trying to clear out for our mains. I remember a few of us were permanently on our alts because we had already got inside earlier.

We basically had this last stand thing where we all finally grouped up with our mains that hadn't gotten in yet and our alts that did... I was dead in a different location on an alt trying to make my way to the main group and I hear BoozeCube BoozeCube in discord leading the charge (main tank), he was slightly tilted in discord but I remember jumping over the hill on the horizon hearing him say 'kill these scum fucks' or something and an alliance army got a few of his buffs but I remember watching all of fires of heaven just charging in and Parawon Chysamere Chysamere and the healers pumping booze nonstop with heals, he literally sprung from 10%~ to full health like 20 times. It was an epic moment to see/hear unfold. Sucks I wasn't in the fold to fight but watching booze in front swinging and the heals hitting him and the two armies colliding was pretty wild to see.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users