World of Warcraft: Classic

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Ele sham will also be fine for a decent chunk of boss fights if they’re popping mana pots and runes. Tranquil Air totem for 4 mages/locks makes up for their mediocre personal dps on the longer fights.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Also heard rumor that you can click off the mana flask and pop another for 2000 mana regen. Expensive, but could make ele shamans "viable"

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Anyone have a good dualbox setup guide (isboxer probably)? If i can dualbox my priest to max level that would be preferable so I can stay holy the entire time. Or maybe if we have a dungeon group I can just dungeon to max level.

It's almost a given dungeon groups will form up. However, I imagine they'll have a hard time leveling together due to scheduling differences.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
How does a person become the guilds warlock buffing raiding shadow priest?

Suck a ton of dicks or just do 5 mans and pvp and wait till a guild picks you up?

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
From what I understand most guilds would prefer a hybrid spec where you get shadow weaving but then just heal anyway. That being said I would imagine you’d get a spot if you put in the effort to maximize your dps as shadow and farm necessary consumables to be able to compete

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also heard rumor that you can click off the mana flask and pop another for 2000 mana regen. Expensive, but could make ele shamans "viable"

I don't even want to think of the cost of that, especially if BL spawns are indeed 1 hour each.

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Ok, so seeing as my brother is going to force me to play this with him when the servers finally open up, I am putting serious thought in to which class to play.

I am obviously going to make an undead rogue to mess with Alliance people. That's a given.

But...

As for my main to level up fast, get geared, and go through all the raid content, I want something relatively easy like a pew pew pew class. I am torn between Undead Warlock and Undead Mage.

I don't remember how the two compared back in the original WoW, and I never did much raiding at all in WoW.

So, I need advice from you more informed sort of people.

I recommend this class picking video for a nice refresher. It helped me a lot at least.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I'd be interested in reading opinions regarding "best class for the raid leader" if any of you have one before I just choose hunter again!

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'd be interested in reading opinions regarding "best class for the raid leader" if any of you have one before I just choose hunter again!

I guess it's traditionally the warrior, but since you asked, my personal opinion is that you should play what you enjoy and what's going to motivate you to be the best raid leader you can be. If you're going to be marking and calling the shots you should also keep that in mind I suppose. I don't see why you couldn't main a hunter though.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Hunters have a very focus intensive rotation comparatively. Warlock is probably the simplest. Mage is tied for the easiest until AQ.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
As a previous raid leader and guild leader as BoozeCube BoozeCube can attest to, I found it MUCH easier to lead a raid as ranged DPS than as a tank

For what it's worth

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The most important quality in a raid leader isn't the class they play. It's the ability to tell people to suck a bag of crushed assholes and that you hate their fucking face.

• 7Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 11 users

Tactician

Ancient
Probably mage. You can definitely put frostbolt on your mouse wheel and mindless cast them while you yell at some people sucking or decide what people need to be doing next

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Hunter is a fine choice, both guilds I raided with were lead by hunters that also did all the pulling. Standing at max range does give you a good view of what everyone is doing.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Hunter if you also want to be the one to call target assists so you can be ahead of the group when it requires them to wait outside of LOS