World of Warcraft: Classic

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I mean if we assume a 400k active playerbase at 3k players per layer and 3 layers per server (9K total players) that's what, 44-45 servers?
I wonder if our expectations are just too high or if theirs are just too low.

Layers are dynamic (not static), so I think they'll be adding more than 3. The example I saw was just 3k across 3 layers.

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
No surprise Herod, Whitemane, and Grob are winning the overall because the other server names blow chunks.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels underwhelmed by the names. I much prefer the EU and Russian server names. They got some pretty nice ones.
I'm surprised Thalnos is doing so well. He was a total chump.
1565423372957.png

"Got my own server now, bitches."

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
This could be absolute bullshit, but I've heard East coast servers are in Chicago area. West servers are very likely in California. If we go East, that should put you on the exact opposite side of the world?

It's not that bad. I pinged 240 to the servers in France and that's much further than New York.

My estimations are 100 ping to a La server, 130 to a Texas server, and 200 to a Chicago server.

Also EST servers are not always on the east coast. There's PST, EST and CST servers in all of the US Datacenters for WoW.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rumor is Thalnos is going to be the next Ragnaros server, ie the Brazilian jajajajajajaja crew.

Go there at your own risk.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Also EST servers are not always on the east coast. There's PST, EST and CST servers in all of the US Datacenters for WoW.

I'm still bitter over them hiding server locations then offering free server transfers to servers on the other side of the continent. And Blizzard wanted WoW to be some big esports hit when they show zero concern for how this affects PvPers? My latency went from 15ms to 150-200ms on the BDF move. This matters a lot for some things like juking spells or backstabbing in feral spec. I've had my druid insta-heal macro fail on me when it registered the talent but not the heal when I was in CC chains, causing losses. Not to mention stuff like picking up WSG flags, which I got away with quite a bit at 15ms.

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm used to shitty ping in FFXIV, I don't want that shit in WoW. Not to mention shuffling players around after launch basically makes name reservation day completely useless.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well...done Mage, War, and Rogue in this stress test. I was 100% sure I wanted to go mage, but War and Rogue really are fun and bring back some memories (was a rogue in classic in 2004-2005, but never made it past lvl 44).

Probably still Mage. Probably.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Mine was enhancement shaman in 2004. Fucking great fun in PvP although shit to level up, but when they nerfed, and kept nerfing, it became total shit so I switched in TBC to huntard and never looked back. Then my account got hacked and I quit. I tried the mage thing but the class literally puts you to sleep while leveling. That shit was boring as fuck.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
The SA spanish community is going to Faerl, Brazil is going to Thalnos, and reddit is going for Herod. So the only two pvp servers left without a baked in population are Whiteman and Fairbanks.