World of Warcraft: Classic

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
You know... something just occurred to me. If they end up just unlocking expansion after expansion on the classic servers until such time it catches up with their Live servers, how will the account-wide achievements work?

Are they just going to make it so that you already have done them all? On one hand, that's nice, but honestly, I would prefer starting over with a clean slate to gain the achievements all over again. That's part of the fun of experiencing old content again.

There's a metric ton of achievements in the game. Kinda makes it pointless if they are all already checked off on day one when you make your new character in Classic.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Do we have a backup server to flee to if we see similar several hour queue's?

Capture.JPG

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hahahahaha this fucking killed me for some reason. Reminded me of the EQ TLP shade that was throwing around back then.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I was wondering.. do they have a list of usable addons for Classic out there?
Since no one replied to you:

do they actual threaten MT threat?
No, even if they would be viable cats can cower to drop threat.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wanted to reply to this one more time. I've had my share of alts, I have no problem with them. But using alts to get around character weaknesses kinda lessens my investment in the game and my main character. Kinda like how LFD and cross-realm grouping lessens the community feeling.

Alts because you want to play but have nothing constructive to on your main, I'm fine with that. And that might happen anyway, making my "one character to do everything!" requirement moot.

Still, aside from a decked out warrior(rage was so imbalanced back then), druids were probably my favorite class. So much QoL. Maybe I should just follow that impulse. Druids will be fun probably right away, warriors will take a while. And I'm not even sure I'm going to play to the level where warriors become gods.

Fun > all other considerations. Even as a raid team, we won't have to min/max to a crazy degree to win.

Pick what your gut says will be best.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I am okay with them making money off raiding for world first. But leveling to world first? That's a bit gay imo

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Still trying to pick class/spec, here's my thought process, please poke holes in it.

Want to be desirable to dungeon groups, no dps-only classes, so that rules out mages, warlocks, hunters, and rogues.

Want to be able to do stuff solo without feeling gimpy, so that rules out pure tank or healing specs.

So that just leave feral druids? Or are there other classes that can pull off that "hybrid" feeling without compromising either spec outside of raids?

I played druid on Nostalrius for a number of years. I'd always been fascinated how the class seemed great looking from the outside, so i rolled one to give it a try. Ended up committing to it in the long run due to the time i had already invested, but overall it was hands down the worst class experience in vanilla WoW.

It's a jack of all trades, master of none class, except it's not the jack of all trades at all times. In fact, it's never the jack of all trades, because it needs proper itemization for each of the four roles (healer, tank, melee dps, ranged dps). Even if played a fuckton, it'd still take a long time to get anywhere close to bis (or even pre-raid bis) for the given roles. And then you want to do that x4? In terms of the roles themselves: Druid is the worst raid healer, it's a decent offtank IF geared to the teeth (meaning insane hours spent on getting the niche feral tank items from 5 mans), it's a mid tier melee dps IF played super hard with powershifting and pummelers, and it's a shit tier spell dps class.

In terms of group desirability, i found that tanking was probably its best role, since tanks are always the rarest of the trinity and therefore easiest to find groups if you're willing to tank. But because i didn't really like the tanking role, it was always a boring fuckfest. Groups would take me as healer, but unless we'd have a rezzer in group, we'd be at a huge disadvantage. And if we had a rezzer, that meant it was either a second healer (which sucked for the group's dps efficiency) or a shit tier dpser like a ret paladin or shadow priest.

Overall, the only viable spec, if you're not wanting to commit fully to raid healing is restobear, which has a bunch of talents in feral and up to nature's swiftness in resto. With this spec you're the most versatile in healing/tanking, but your dps is meh and both your healing and tanking are sub par. And remember, you still need 2 solid gear sets. With regards to PvP i think restobear is the only viable spec period, but it's pretty meh even when properly geared. It's also a very high learning curve spec, so you're going to be playing your balls off to be even remotely good. Also, be prepared to be pigeon holed into flag carrying in WSG and base guarding in AB. While rank grinding on the druid, i had something like 15k HKs up to rank 11 vs 25k HKs that my buddies had, because most of my time was spent away from the action. Fuuuuuuuuuuck that shit. What a shitty class. Druid #neveragain.

If you want to hybrid, roll paladin or shaman.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I played druid on Nostalrius for a number of years. I'd always been fascinated how the class seemed great looking from the outside, so i rolled one to give it a try. Ended up committing to it in the long run due to the time i had already invested, but overall it was hands down the worst class experience in vanilla WoW.

It's a jack of all trades, master of none class, except it's not the jack of all trades at all times. In fact, it's never the jack of all trades, because it needs proper itemization for each of the four roles (healer, tank, melee dps, ranged dps). Even if played a fuckton, it'd still take a long time to get anywhere close to bis (or even pre-raid bis) for the given roles. And then you want to do that x4? In terms of the roles themselves: Druid is the worst raid healer, it's a decent offtank IF geared to the teeth (meaning insane hours spent on getting the niche feral tank items from 5 mans), it's a mid tier melee dps IF played super hard with powershifting and pummelers, and it's a shit tier spell dps class.

In terms of group desirability, i found that tanking was probably its best role, since tanks are always the rarest of the trinity and therefore easiest to find groups if you're willing to tank. But because i didn't really like the tanking role, it was always a boring fuckfest. Groups would take me as healer, but unless we'd have a rezzer in group, we'd be at a huge disadvantage. And if we had a rezzer, that meant it was either a second healer (which sucked for the group's dps efficiency) or a shit tier dpser like a ret paladin or shadow priest.

Overall, the only viable spec, if you're not wanting to commit fully to raid healing is restobear, which has a bunch of talents in feral and up to nature's swiftness in resto. With this spec you're the most versatile in healing/tanking, but your dps is meh and both your healing and tanking are sub par. And remember, you still need 2 solid gear sets. With regards to PvP i think restobear is the only viable spec period, but it's pretty meh even when properly geared. It's also a very high learning curve spec, so you're going to be playing your balls off to be even remotely good. Also, be prepared to be pigeon holed into flag carrying in WSG and base guarding in AB. While rank grinding on the druid, i had something like 15k HKs up to rank 11 vs 25k HKs that my buddies had, because most of my time was spent away from the action. Fuuuuuuuuuuck that shit. What a shitty class. Druid #neveragain.

Now apply that to retail and every spec is like that.. grind your dick off for azerite faggot shit on each spec.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Which class are you rolling?

How does a paladin or shaman do hybrid? I can kinda see shaman, but I thought paladin's ret and prot specs were quite meh in vanilla.