World of Warcraft: Classic

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
how much is it to transfer? Like $20?

Maybe it would be worth to just roll on some backwoods server and then transfer later.

Back in the day you couldn't transfer from a PvE server to a PvP server. You could do the reverse or go from PvP to PvP but no bluebie to red shenanigans. I would expect them to keep that.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The feral resto build will let you tank or heal normal dungeons easily and is great for PvP. People might be annoyed because of your rez if you're the healer, but it shouldn't be much of an issue. You can even probably cat dps if you really wanted to. You shouldn't have any trouble with dungeons.
And solo dps while leveling and before raid gear will be ok too?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Booze I know you want my dick and all but lay off. I didn't know we could only post in the threads we play, especially when this forum is built on commenting on people being giant faggots

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Back in the day you couldn't transfer from a PvE server to a PvP server. You could do the reverse or go from PvP to PvP but no bluebie to red shenanigans. I would expect them to keep that.
Yeah im jusut talking rolling on low pop pvp then transfer to our server later. It might be worth the $20 for peace and quiet leveling in peace and no launch fuckery queues and lag and all that other nonsense.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Yeah im jusut talking rolling on low pop pvp then transfer to our server later. It might be worth the $20 for peace and quiet leveling in peace and no launch fuckery queues and lag and all that other nonsense.

I hate the idea of paying extra to play the game I'm already paying for but there's some merit to immediately making a character on whatever is low pop during the first minute of the servers going online and transferring after a week.

• 1Like

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
And solo dps while leveling and before raid gear will be ok too?

Everything up to raids will be cake. I can't say anything about raiding druid because that's not my area of expertise, but everything prior to raiding including the pre-BiS dungeons will be fine. I've heard you can raid as healer with feral/resto, but I've no experience myself and it's just word of mouth. Of course you can specialize later if you need to. Heart of the Wild, which is deep into feral is an amazing talent for anything you do as a druid, including healing. Feral charge and brutal impact are great for PvP. Feral charge is required IMO. Then for PvP and healing you'd likely want to have Nature's Swiftness which would require 21 points into resto.

My personal favorite build for PvP is a build with Nature's Swiftness and Heart of the Wild. The thing is you need to spend all your talent points in order to get both. Some people like going into balance for omen of clarity and nature's grasp, but you'd be giving up either Heart of the Wild or some of your improved healing and Nature's Swiftness. For the non-required talents in the build you're going for, just pick and choose the ones that will benefit the playstyle you're going for the most. If you expect to be doing a lot of dungeon tanking you can go for the bear talents in feral. If you want to do more opening damage with cat or try to DPS with cat you can pick the cat talents instead.

Skarm is a pretty knowledgeable druid player if you're interested in more of a raiding breakdown. He plays private servers, but he knows the class inside and out and a lot of the information will still be relevant.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hate the idea of paying extra to play the game I'm already paying for but there's some merit to immediately making a character on whatever is low pop during the first minute of the servers going online and transferring after a week.

Are we even allowed to do server transfers on Classic?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Capture008.PNG

LOL this is not looking good since there will probabaly be like 100K more people that sub on launch day and fill the rest. Blizz is fucked lol.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

misery

Regarding transfers, here's what Blizzard said during the AMA today,

1566343495357.png

They're currently expecting "several" hours long queues for Herod and Shazzrah on launch.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
What other hot, religious zealots are their to choose from besides Whitemane and Faerlina? We need more!

• 1Worf

Shiftyx

Molten Core Raider
What other hot, religious zealots are their to choose from besides Whitemane and Faerlina? We need more!
Blaumeux might be a butter face, but could fit that mold. More scantily clad than those two in game, with some kinky dialog to boot

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Isn't the purpose of layers so they can scale each server up as much as they want? And the population will drop by 70% by the time people approach 60.

Yeah, but they have said they aren't fully utilizing the available technology because if they do they'll be right back in the same spot when they remove layering in phase two.

So they're layering to a point.

• 1WTF

misery

Imagine if all these people saying there will be a huge population drop are wrong and the population grows slowly up to phase two.

• 1Like