World of Warcraft: Classic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Looks like Zygor's got it's leveling update for classic. Now has much smaller guides for one to two levels per area.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
whats he pop difference on a server like whitemane wich is full all the time compared to skeram wich is high during the day and fills up as the night goes on to full.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I don't understand why everyone is crying about areas being populated... was it not a lot of you's complaint that WoW turned into a single player game with a lobby for dailies and no player interaction? But now when Classic comes out and there is player interaction and people around doing things, you wish it was a single player game with a lobby for dungeons?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Looks like Zygor's got it's leveling update for classic. Now has much smaller guides for one to two levels per area.

im really enjoying guidelime, its free (not sure if zygor is or isnt) but it didnt take much to set up and theres alot to customize if you wish, and so far the 12-21 profile was amazing and now im 28 and almost done with 21-30 and its been a breeze really takes a little of the pain out of the grind when its this efficient.

i eventually wanna try spell cleave as a warlock and see how those go, anyone got any experience with what level i should be to attempt it, and is there a certain spec?

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I don't understand why everyone is crying about areas being populated... was it not a lot of you's complaint that WoW turned into a single player game with a lobby for dailies and no player interaction? But now when Classic comes out and there is player interaction and people around doing things, you wish it was a single player game with a lobby for dungeons?

You're confusing two different things. Lobbies have nothing to do with it, and nobody is asking for a single player game. Try to understand the basic argument before labeling it "crying"

The complaint is that these servers have several times the amount of players the most populated vanilla servers did, but the gameplay was not changed in any way to account for it. Things are overcrowded to the point of inability to do basic shit within the game. Areas that would be previously largely uninhabited are swarming with players every 100 yards, and the majority of quest targets in many areas have people camping their spawn like it was day one starter areas. When I was flying over shimmering flats at around 7est, half the mobs were dead and most of the others had players actively killing them.

Consider that these servers have the capacity of retail servers, but don't have cross realm stuff which acts as layering, don't have the majority of players in instances, and have zones that are a fraction the size of new zones.

Layering is supposed to be gone by phase 2, which is when most people will have hit 60, and things are going to be fucking absurd as you'll have thousands of people trying to cram into the small handful of relevant endgame zones.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So a bunch of us were doing Mauradon tonight with no tank and me at level 42. Seb ended up soloing the princess while the other four of us ran back. We killed all the bosses but one.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
26-30 feels so miserable because your bouncing between 2-3 different zones doing 1-3 quests at a time, travel times in vanilla is aids

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah leveling in this game certainty is even longer than I remembered. It really makes getting to 60 actually feel like an accomplishment. Well I guess until you abused the shit out of layering and cheesing out 10 man raid dungeons with 7 mages like ultra fags.. but for most of the playerbase.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I haven't smoked weed in several months, and I guarantee you it has 90% to do with why I'm not 60 yet. It's a lot easier to complete all the mindless questing shit (collecting 60 of something) and mindlessly farm mob after mob when your brain is shut off. Instead of spending 3 hours trying to make an hour of leveling take 30 minutes...

• 2Like

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
im out of gusto, i dont think i wanna play anymore! ill give it a few days. I think my time in MMO's has come to an end.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Yeah leveling in this game certainty is even longer than I remembered. It really makes getting to 60 actually feel like an accomplishment. Well I guess until you abused the shit out of layering and cheesing out 10 man raid dungeons with 7 mages like ultra fags.. but for most of the playerbase.

Yeah, it's way slower than I remember. It almost feels slower than vanilla Everquest. I don't remember ever feeling like WoW leveling was slower than EQ's when I played WoW through Beta and at release. Maybe we're just old.

im out of gusto, i dont think i wanna play anymore! ill give it a few days. I think my time in MMO's has come to an end.

Out of curiosity, what level did you get to? And at what point did you start feeling exhausted/burned out/bored?

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Back in the day leveling on a PVP realm that heavily favoured the Horde I ended up spending a shit ton of time grinding the Shimmering Flats, and then that Alliance island in Ferelas. Helped to that I had LW so I got a shit ton of leather from it.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
I spent maaaaaany hours grinding that island. Can get 40-46 grinding the wolves and even a bit more with thr naga after. Definitely a good grind on clusterfuck pvp servers.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
WoW's always had this dichotomy between levelling and end game. Other players are an annoyance when you're levelling up because that part of the game is at its best when you have things to yourself. But when you hit max level, you need other players for raiding and pvp.

Optimal use of your time is levelling up on some dead server and then moving to one of the packed super-servers when you're max level. It's crazy.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
anyone got a solid guide to leveling up herbalism, spots to go etc im falling behind and before i get too far behind to where it takes me days to catch up i wanna get it done now so i can gather as i level and sell off the herbs, so far im lvl 28 and only at 85 herb currently cant gather in the areas i quest in so wanna nip it in the ass, figure i spend 1-2 hours now catching it up rather than kee putting it off and then doing it at some higher lvl im not gonna wanna be bothered doing 6-7 hours to catch up

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The complaint is that these servers have several times the amount of players the most populated vanilla servers did, but the gameplay was not changed in any way to account for it. Things are overcrowded to the point of inability to do basic shit within the game.
In Vanilla, they were opening servers as fast as they could.

Here, they are deliberately refraining from doing that, because they are expecting Classic to turn into a semi-ghost town in a month.

• 1Like

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
In Vanilla, they were opening servers as fast as they could.

Here, they are deliberately refraining from doing that, because they are expecting Classic to turn into a semi-ghost town in a month.

Yeah, they really messed up the release of servers. No one is gonna join a new 'dead' server.