World of Warcraft: Classic

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I haven't had an entire dungeon aggro on me yet, so this is definitely not vanilla. Everything seems nerfed.

Because the patch that we're on is the one that fixed talent trees, itemization, and difficulty in all the dungeons to what they were just before Dire Maul and BWL were released.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Because the patch that we're on is the one that fixed talent trees, itemization, and difficulty in all the dungeons to what they were just before Dire Maul and BWL were released.

They were harder than this in the DM patch as well. I've seen people say the difficulty came from some tuning they did just before TBC launched to nerf most dungeons. Mob health and damage is severely reduced

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
To me, the ease of dungeons/raids seems to be the result of a much lower gear check.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm 58 so not done max level dungeons yet but when I did BRD at 54 it was noticeable that we couldn't really go past Grim Guzzler without the tank dying. At 56 we cleared the entire thing with a few wipes to overpulling due to retarded tank.

If you go in with the right gear/level and no retards, you clear the dungeon.

I two manned LBRS in vanilla, that's TF tank and Restro Druid with BWL gear. I also tanked Scarlet Strath as a Shadow Priest.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Everyone saying dungeons are so easy, yet every group I get for Scholomance they skip Jandice cuz she's a pain in the ass (aka her trash is challenging).

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Everyone saying dungeons are so easy, yet every group I get for Scholomance they skip Jandice cuz she's a pain in the ass (aka her trash is challenging).

We've done scholo w 2 mages, 2 hunters, and a priest. It was twice as fast as doing it with a tank.

• 1Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Blizz was lazy and instead of giving us an actual #nochanges Classic experience they went with what the private servers were doing and patch 1.12. This is why I was saying previously that rolling on a PVE realm was extra retarded, the only actual challenge in this game is the pvp until we get to late AQ and Naxx.

They should have at least not showered us in loot that makes the game too easy. They still don't understand the whole of why people loved Vanilla so much.

• 2Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Didn't they say that the cleanest patch they could go back to was this one? I could have swore i heard or read that.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Ya, if they were going to phase the content they might as well have used the various patches too.

Yeah they did kinda of fuck up with that seeing as there are still many items that just blow away MC loot in the 1.12 itemized dungeons. Overall though MC was always pretty easy content, hell EQ raids weren't hard either. I don't need to play Super Meat Boy meets DDR, meets OSU with none of the other 24 people making a mistake for raids to be enjoyable but many retail tards think just that.

• 2Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
We're all doing 1.5-2x the damage somewhat geared 60s were doing at release due to vastly improved itemization (hit and spell power on dungeon gear is huuuuuuge) and the revised talents and tuned spells.

And people still enjoy it. Are we retarded for enjoying this? Or did we just want to play with our friends and get purples?

• 1Worf

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
We're all doing 1.5-2x the damage somewhat geared 60s were doing at release due to vastly improved itemization (hit and spell power on dungeon gear is huuuuuuge) and the revised talents and tuned spells.

And people still enjoy it. Are we retarded for enjoying this? Or did we just want to play with our friends and get purples?
Play with our friends and get purples!

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Less bullshit, more doing shit. Together. Without a timer and scaling bullshit.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Admittedly I'm too old to want to bang my dick against my keyboard wiping and shit for hours on end like I did 10-15 years ago.

• 1Brony

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm fine with the tuning as it is, but anyone that says this is vanilla is just wrong. I would regularly go OOM and struggle healing things like chest of the seven, but now I spend my time dpsing it instead of healing, and this was at level 54.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Blizz was lazy and instead of giving us an actual #nochanges Classic experience they went with what the private servers were doing and patch 1.12.

Wrong, private servers like Northdale used 1.12 talents but aimed for a progressive patch timeline. Hence on Northdale you had stupid shit like Lupos starting the game with shadow damage intact and it not being nerfed until the relevant patch. You also had progressive loot tables etc - none of this going into BRD at 52 and coming out with +200 dmg/healing.

Northdale also tuned the raids/dungeons to make them harder - the classic version of most dungeons are stupidly easy eg UBRS

• 1Potato
  • 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Northdale also tuned the raids/dungeons to make them harder - the classic version of most dungeons are stupidly easy eg UBRS

3c48x5.jpg

• 25Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 27 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Fun is fun and we're all having it. Its good to connect again and enjoy a game that isn't a second job.