World of Warcraft: Classic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
I could be mistaken, but I think they said they had TBC and up already saved - Classic wasn't saved anywhere though and that's what took so long.
Right. They claim to have every patch from 1.12 on, it was just vanilla where they didn’t keep copies of each version apparently. Idk if that’s just a cop out or the truth, but it does mean we might get progressive tbc instead of just time gated 2.4.3. The latter option is a lot less work on their part though so that’s probably what’ll happen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
progressive tbc instead of just time gated 2.4.3
Be careful what you wish for: There were several borderline exploits/bugs that were nerfed in later patches. I remember as a blood elf prot paladin AoE farming the black temple terrace with AoE and terrifying self-healing.

At this time it should be obvious that "no changes" is the wrong approach, especially after seeing all the pathing exploits in Maraudon, ZF, ZG used by mages.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Be careful what you wish for: There were several borderline exploits/bugs that were nerfed in later patches. I remember as a blood elf prot paladin AoE farming the black temple terrace with AoE and terrifying self-healing.

At this time it should be obvious that "no changes" is the wrong approach, especially after seeing all the pathing exploits in Maraudon, ZF, ZG used by mages.
Yeah there's a lot of bullshit like overheals counting for the pally mana regen etc that was way OP and was fixed before 2.4.3. But to this day I still miss season 1 of arena as an afflock where resil didn't affect DOTs yet. Me and my spriest buddy got gladiator in s1 and it was a million times more fun than the dumb SLSL + Resto Druid comps in later seasons.

Ideally they'd give us the original difficulty heroics, Kara, Gruul, Mag, etc. and just have legit bugs or game breaking balance issues fixed. I've played TBC servers where this was the case and it was fun. But I know it's pretty unlikely that's what we'll get and I'm okay with that, 2.4.3 will be easy but still fun.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The big problem is that, at the time, the exploits and bugs were not well known or popular and some of them took a long time before they became problems. Today, they're documented, and the population is ready to exploit them on day one.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Today, they're documented, and the population is ready to exploit them on day one.
Isn't this what the vocal part of the "no changes" crowd was all about? A lot of people just waiting to abuse all the things they already knew?

On the other hand they would have to trust the current Blizzard to fix those things without resorting to a surgical chainsaw and making things worse. I'm not sure what I'd prefer.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
World 7th KT kill.

Sapph is hardest boss in the raid. KT was stupidly easy in comparison

• 2Picard
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 5 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It's 15 year old content that is being cleared the moment it re-releases. Nobody gives a fuck.

Yes, by a relatively small handful of guilds in comparison to the number of guilds attempting it. The point being that only six guilds worldwide beat my guild (and some of them did stuff like 100 man rosters and flask potting)

Sapph will wipe a lot of guilds and probably end some guilds

Your statement is incorrect considering everyone uploads their raid logs for everyone else to see.

And now the competitive aspect becomes who can speed run it

• 1Pathetic

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Nobody will ever forget world 7th and 8th kills on re-released content.

Grats on your eternal fame!

• 6Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 8 users

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Tanaris, Winterspring, Easter Plaguelands, Blasted Lands, Burning Steppes, Azshara.

There’s an NPC in the major city you can talk to that will tell you where the events are going on. Spawn every 4 hours. It’s pretty fun if you have a group, farming the runes and killing the rare spawns.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Nobody will ever forget world 7th and 8th kills on re-released content.

Grats on your eternal fame!

We are consistently in the top ten of all guilds worldwide for speedclears, in a game where the competitive meta is now speed running. I'll take that.

• 2Pathetic
  • 2Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users