World of Warcraft: Classic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Needless

Toe Sucker
I think i ran kara 4+ times a week every week throughout TBC on alts, i loved the fuck out of that place
being older now though i wouldnt handle that much lol

I'll do it like twice tops but can't wait to see plebs blow up to flame wreath again

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nearly a year to the day after Covid fucked up my work schedules, I've been able to play again. I'm thoroughly looking forward to TBC and raiding with the fam once more. Guess I'll just farm some gold in preparation?

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Kara was a great zone, don't get me wrong, it was the time spent there that soured the zone for me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I seem to recall the issue there being it being the very only raid zone (besides the 1 boss caves) in the game in like for-fucking-ever, right?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I seem to recall the issue there being it being the very only raid zone (besides the 1 boss caves) in the game in like for-fucking-ever, right?
I cant recall how long the dates between things were back then. But I remember Kara definitely becoming monotonous. So much that I just said fk it, and quit playing BC till WOTLK. I missed out on some stuff I'm sure, but I absolutely hated running that place so much.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think we can all expect an accelerated release date for raids, just like vanilla.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I have fond memories of Karazhan but I also didn't play through the entire expansion. Doing it forever because it was an easy source of starter loot for alts or apps would definitely get tiresome.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Mongo is streaming tbc beta.
Pretty much every streamer is at the moment. As much as Blizzard sucks at designing shit these days Bobby Kotick knows how to make money. Their marketing team is stroking off that streamer cock to build hype.

• 1Like

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Nah there was a lot of TBC raid content available at launch. But very few people finished their attunements or had much luck against Gruul/Mag/SSC/TK at first since stuff was over tuned or straight up broken.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Nah there was a lot of TBC raid content available at launch. But very few people finished their attunements or had much luck against Gruul/Mag/SSC/TK at first since stuff was over tuned or straight up broken.
Yeah it's weird. Off memory I woulda sworn SSC was added in shortly after release and TK some time later but actual documentation would say otherwise. My guild had only getting about halfway through SSC by month 2 of TBC and this was a Naxx clearing guild so I guess we cut the wrong 15? We got stuck at Fathom-Lord Karathress for awhile from tanks just falling over to his adds.

Hope ya'll are ready for all the Holly Longdale changes to encourage you to give Blizzard more money for convenience items.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Well if shit isn't going to be pure, how about flex raids, or at the very least 10/25 versions for all. Don't even care if the loot is different ilvl, do the WotLK system for all I care.

• 1Like

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Holly is smart as a fox, if I was a betting man I would say it will be very expensive and bundled with another set of changes that makes flight speed linked to your fastest mount just like live, the base speed will just be the basic 60% flying mount which will make the hardcore people grumble but not put them up in arms like it would if they just gave away epic flying for cash.

I also wouldn't be surprised if krono/wow tokens make their way into tbc. Holly is usually pretty measured in her pay to win approach, she doesn't give anything that is much advantage in raids but lots of nice to haves.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Prince Malch has always been one of my favorite raid fights in any MMO just from the voice lines he taunts you with.