World of Warcraft: Classic

Sardaan

Trakanon Raider
Most of the officers moved on, not enough folks around even for 25 man content.

Edit: I would add it was a good run, I personally had a great time. Thanks to all that made it happen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I enjoyed the fuck out of classic 1.0. Old crew came back together for content raping and mad shit talking.

It was a feeling of giddy nostalgia…TBC on the other hand is more like a depressing deja vu. Just not feeling it and ready to pack it in for good.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So what's the expectation for these new Classic refresh servers? I didn't play the original Classic drop, but I've been getting the urge lately. Need a release date so I can schedule some time off!

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Uhh TBC released first week of June. Phase 2 patch is Sept 15th which will bring ssc and tk raids.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Are there people wanting to play Classic a third time?

I feel like fixing the existing classic servers would be better use of their time.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Are there people wanting to play Classic a third time?

I feel like fixing the existing classic servers would be better use of their time.

There are people playing EQ classic => kunark over and over and over.

I'm sure there are a bunch of dumbfucks wanting to do the same shit in WOW.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I know the crowds are different but on a fresh EQ TLP it doesn't take all that much time to go from showing up to raiding. In World of Warcraft it takes a major time investment to get everything up and running.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I know the crowds are different but on a fresh EQ TLP it doesn't take all that much time to go from showing up to raiding. In World of Warcraft it takes a major time investment to get everything up and running.
In less than one week Rag was dead by a group of less than max level characters in blues. So this isn't true at all.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah they really need to release a Classic server in which the content is tuned to be as hard as it was when Vanilla came out.

Scholomance was harder than MC in Classic on launch.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If WoW classic wasnt so reliant on dungeon rep farming and mat/world buff farming Id be more inclined to play a fresh server. But that just kills any enthusiam I have to get past level 40. EQ TLPs are way easier and less time dependent once you hit 50.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
In less than one week Rag was dead by a group of less than max level characters in blues. So this isn't true at all.

The premier private server guild no-lifing for a week at launch to get to the content down is certainly a major time investment.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I would play a Classic server with:
  • Harder tier 1/tier 2 content to bring it more in line with vanilla launch.
  • Faction-based queue times.
  • World buffs removed on entering a raid instance.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
why would they release new servers? you have locked classic.

So, launching new servers gives you some options. You can throw in the bin all the hashtag nochanges shit right from the start and do a bunch of the quality of life shit that you think will help player retention. Maybe that's faster exp, maybe that's meeting stones, whatever. The other thing you get to do is sell microtransactions to people. They can easily introduce some bullshit for this to milk extra money. Pay us forty dollars and we'll give you a Classic Plus toy also a mount you can claim and all that jazz.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just waiting for the packs to come in. They hired holy for a reason, so new classic servers every so often was a given. Now they just need to add something they can sell every new server release. EQ TLPs have packs with bags, consumables etc. I can't fathom they are not making the same thing for wow classic servers.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think new servers adds in that bit of rush at the start. They really should have some rotation going imo. It’s no different than ARPG seasons.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I would play a Classic server with:
  • Harder tier 1/tier 2 content to bring it more in line with vanilla launch.
  • Faction-based queue times.
  • World buffs removed on entering a raid instance.
I forgot to add: Delete Fury Warriors.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users