World of Warcraft: Classic

Juvarisx

Florida
Cata gets a lot of hate but it ended up being a dang good expansion over all. The raids were solid minus final Deathwing and LFR, and the dungeons all rocked. It was also the last expansion with a real talent tree though it was shrunk. Too much of the effort went into redoing the old world, which while I agree it needed to be done it could have been done zone by zone over time.

Its also the first expansion where lots of fun quests starting showing up, like running over the gnomes Katamari Damacy style. Made leveling more fun, and I even liked the Firelands dailies. I think it got a bad rap cause it was so much harder then anything in WoTLK at release and Wrath really brought the numbers in including many many many casual players who couldn't handle the heroic 5 mans or even normal raids. They really were a step above anyhitng difficulty wise in Wrath.

I may or may not jump in on Wrath, I have a 70 priest anyways and if you arent playing a shadow priest you must hate yourself cause fucking Disc shield spam meta this expac.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Exactly Firelands was an amazing raid. The cata dungeons were all also solid as fuck.

Then these dipshits made LFR dragonsoul and it was one of the shittiest garbage ass design they ever released.
I’ll admit my casual ass used LFR extensively to see sights and sounds. The only thing I’d have changed about offering a drooler level difficulty is make it not a random dungeon finder but instead something you gotta find people to run.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Two things i'll always give cataclysm:
dwarf shaman
that motherfucking questline in badlands where buddy rides off into the sunset on his hog

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I liked the underwater zone. Sounds like I was in the minority there though.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maladath seems to be quite a success and is slowly growing by the day.

1662614373874.png

1662614189549.png

Still a truckload of people leveling still.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Similar situation on EU realms, the fresh PVP realm has had substantial queues for most of the week. The new PVE one didn't have one at first but yesterday it had a very short (<2 mins) one right around 8pm prime time. Had a few rerollers show up in the levelling guild already. Definitely very busy, to the point that it's hard to find quest mobs in the evening. I've just been grinding away in a quiet spot which seems to be faster than running around a swarm of other players hoping you'll get the tag on a mob.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Cata gets a lot of hate but it ended up being a dang good expansion over all. The raids were solid minus final Deathwing and LFR, and the dungeons all rocked. It was also the last expansion with a real talent tree though it was shrunk. Too much of the effort went into redoing the old world, which while I agree it needed to be done it could have been done zone by zone over time.

Its also the first expansion where lots of fun quests starting showing up, like running over the gnomes Katamari Damacy style. Made leveling more fun, and I even liked the Firelands dailies. I think it got a bad rap cause it was so much harder then anything in WoTLK at release and Wrath really brought the numbers in including many many many casual players who couldn't handle the heroic 5 mans or even normal raids. They really were a step above anyhitng difficulty wise in Wrath.

I may or may not jump in on Wrath, I have a 70 priest anyways and if you arent playing a shadow priest you must hate yourself cause fucking Disc shield spam meta this expac.

Cata overall wasn’t awful even though the world/zones were pretty disjointed. The dungeons were really good pre nerf. I will always fucking hate it though because they destroyed ret and completely removed blood as a dps spec.

Caeden

Cata overall wasn’t awful even though the world/zones were pretty disjointed. The dungeons were really good pre nerf. I will always fucking hate it though because they destroyed ret and completely removed blood as a dps spec.
Is cata where the stupid holy power shit started with that dumbass inquisition buff? I hated that gameplay.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Honestly the best move wow could make is simply remove ret, and tell paladins to shut the fuck up and heal.

• 1Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
What's with all the paladins in Wrath? I played one for a while in original Wrath but I don't remember being op or anything.

They are the best healers and best tanks, while dps on prot is bonkers.

They have amazing easy to use tank abilities for both single and aoe threat while having the self healing to solo dungeons and raids.

Ret is not a meme in wotlk either.

It's everything druids wish they could be.

• 1Solidarity

Caeden

Wrath retail they weren’t that grossly over-played. DKs were but as dps. I played and MT’d as both. They are too good compared to warriors. Years have led people to these funsucking view of what is ok to play in wow I’m seeing. And I’m not talking about raiding classic vanilla as ret. I’m talking about specs that can very clearly clear content at the highest level. It made my initial good search annoying. Plus I’m just not interested in speed running. I want to play in a world.

Hindsight, I’d have started a lock to play with this DK.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I seem to recall tank DKs being able to reach 100% avoidance. Don't know how reliably as rune weaving wasn't fun. Bears could do it too, but with a lot more gear.