World of Warcraft: Classic

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Definitely going to play a DK, have played one before, actually enjoyed some PvP during BfA because of my DK, but interested to see them in their full release splendor. Have an Orc Warlock at 11 that I'll probably keep playing offhand if my Pally starts to feel stale. Leveled a handful of classes to 10'ish before settling on the Pally, so have a few things I can pick up and tinker with, but Warlock and Pally were the first 2 that really jumped out at me. If I hadn't leveled a Warrior twice already, probably would have went that route. I won't play a Hunter again for a bit, pretty much main'd one the vast majority of my time playing WoW, so want to change it up.

Rogue and Priest are the only other classes I've never played really, so will role one of each if I stay interested long enough, or will be what I try out the next time I randomly decide to play WoW.
I'm in the same boat, except I've never played a Hunter very much at all so I'm finally doing it and it's been fun as hell. Easy questing/soloing, and so far in dungeon groups, it's been fun.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Dk with actual colored runes and the full kit was honestly peak wow class design. It really was something. Scourge strike being a 2 rune beefy boy was a grand time. Wod uh was the last time Dkz didn’t suck imo. Unless yer a bof fanboy. In which case I eyeroll at you.

I played hunter up through wotlknaxxl. I think playing bm through tbc soured me on the class ultimately since I was always a marks hunter at heart. All that said, hunter was solid as heck in wotlk from what I can remember. Def chances to shine with trapping etc.

Crone

Why do you say that?
Everyone always remembers the end of the expansion, not how it started. :D

Once you get into late Ulduar/ICC Fire mages finally have enough Crit to basically be crit'ing all the time, especially with Combustion. You're popping off instant Pyroblasts non-stop and it's a fun reactionary spec to play.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
Brewfest has been eventful. There's a trail from the BRD stone to the BRD entrance.

WoWScrnShot_092022_184252.jpg

Needless

Toe Sucker
Looks like every MC raid night on Whitemane
I miss the classic raid time clashes outfront of MC and Naxx lol

I forgot how entertaining the revenge spec for warriors is in wrath, i'll still most likely just make my paladin prot since theyre better but its very fun to lvl as

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I miss the classic raid time clashes outfront of MC and Naxx lol

I forgot how entertaining the revenge spec for warriors is in wrath, i'll still most likely just make my paladin prot since theyre better but its very fun to lvl as
I never played warrior in this time frame of WoW - is that the build where you can spam it every GCD and top meters? lol

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I never played warrior in this time frame of WoW - is that the build where you can spam it every GCD and top meters? lol

Warrior tanking and dps are actually in decent shape still in Wrath, we just suffer from the AoE agro Paladins and DKs can pull off, still you can accomplish everything fine and they are still better in single target dps and mitigation. They lack magic reduction but that really only becomes an issue in Cata where Blizzard let war fall behind.

I still think it's one of the best classes and there is a reason I mained it for decades and mained it again in Classic. It's just annoying because Paladins and Dks are just so much simpler to accomplish the same or better performance.

• 2Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah so long as you're keeping it proccing, you basically just combine unrelenting assault and improved revenge + sweeping strikes with a /stopattacking macro so you only sweeping strikes your revenge hits and you just do retarded damage lol

• 1Like

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Loot changes coming in Ulduar:

Loot Changes​

When Ulduar releases in Phase 2 of Wrath Classic, loot that drops in 10-man raids from Phase 1 will be replaced with loot that drops from 25-man raids from Phase 1. Blizzard thinks this will make the first tier of loot more interesting, so raiders will only need to go back to 10-mans to get their raid loot. But what happens to the 10-man loot from the Phase 1 raids? Well...

Heroic Plus Dungeons​

When Ulduar releases in Phase 2 of Wrath Classic, all 10-man loot from Phase 1 of Wrath Classic will be moved to Heroic Dungeons, in a new version of the dungeon with an increased difficulty. Players will have the ability to increase the difficulty on Heroic Dungeons, granting the loot drops from 10-man Phase 1 raids.

This is a significant change to Wrath Classic, and explains the vague Blue Post that referenced Heroic Dungeons getting additional challenges added --
Blizzard
Blue Tracker | Official Post
The second goal is about making sure Heroic dungeons stay attractive throughout the entire expansion. The Emblems and items they drop should always be valuable, even late in the expansion. They should also remain an interesting challenge throughout the entire expansion, rather than becoming excessively easy as your gear improves. We are exploring plans to add challenges to Heroic dungeons as the expansion proceeds, which would also provide more valuable rewards.

• 2Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
i dont give a shit if anybody is mad about changes, i love those loot changes a lot

edit: where did you see this? those link to an old article

looks like from this?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It's an interesting change for sure, they should try a few things like this with the classic servers at this point.

Really what they could do would be go back and finish content intended for these expansions they scrapped.

All the Anh,Qurji shit in Wrath was supposed to be massively expanded and they dropped it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I have zero faith for retail WoW at this point, but if Longdale was allowed to do the stuff she wanted to do for EQ1 but on WoW for custom content, it'd be ostensibly better for the game as a whole.

I would love to see a "Retail WoW" fork where Classic continues the game with the OG story instead of going into Cataclysm like the pserver Turtle WoW did instead of TBC.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i dont give a shit if anybody is mad about changes, i love those loot changes a lot

edit: where did you see this? those link to an old article

looks like from this?
About 19:30 in, he highlights how hes wrote code to detect healers and tanks in Heroic Dungeons and reward them with raid level consumables, possible pet and/or mount. Nice that they are keeping that from the LFD removal and also improving it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
About 19:30 in, he highlights how hes wrote code to detect healers and tanks in Heroic Dungeons and reward them with raid level consumables, possible pet and/or mount. Nice that they are keeping that from the LFD removal and also improving it.

Yeah the tabbard rep system, and tank/healing bags was one if the nicest things in Wrath

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

In the words of Daidraco Daidraco , just CHONKING on bitches. Hunter fucks shit up with Explosive Trap.

1663795175205.png

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
It's an interesting change for sure, they should try a few things like this with the classic servers at this point.

Really what they could do would be go back and finish content intended for these expansions they scrapped.

All the Anh,Qurji shit in Wrath was supposed to be massively expanded and they dropped it.

They have not done any justice to the Black Empire.

It would be cool if they released new expansion packs (that's based on WoW's modern level-matching tech) alongside the legacy classic expansions. Even if they made it purchasable, people would still purchase it.