World of Warcraft: Current Year

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The only part I don't like right now is 90+ (because I haven't tried the bonus objective method yet) and 1-58. I actually like TBC and all the rest for leveling. They move quick.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Bonus objective method is good, definitely make sure you have flying unlocked. Use heirloom gear too since it goes to 100. Only issue I had was when I turned 90, the heirloom gear sucked until I was 91, then it boosted to WoD stats.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I have a mage at 95, a warrior at 90, and then shaman/monk at 0 essentially. All others are at 100 just need to power through on these last 4.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Bonus objective method is good, definitely make sure you have flying unlocked. Use heirloom gear too since it goes to 100. Only issue I had was when I turned 90, the heirloom gear sucked until I was 91, then it boosted to WoD stats.
Yeah, this is actually a big issue. I got a bunch of WoD blues that were better than the heirloom stuff :|

Khane

Got something right about marriage
ilvl 630 blues that you can equip at level 91 are only like 800-3k gold depending on weapon type/profession that makes it.

kaxfenix

N00b
Even if you do not have flying unlocked with Heirlooms, Potions and hitting up trasures/Bonus Objectives is still faster than strait leveling. Though a little longer than if you had flying unlocked. I just wrapped up my 7th lvl 100.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Oh I have flying unlocked and Pal/Rog/Priest/Dru/Hunter/DK/Warlock, it will be fast finishing out the last few I need just can't get the drive to actually log on and do it
biggrin.png

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea I have a warlock sitting at 91 with full rested and a DK at 82 full rested, they are the only two I have left that aren't 100. But I just can't bring myself to do it.

I still have RAF and plenty of 300% potions so it would take all of an hour and a half for the warlock but I just can't muster the desire.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Damn MMO's are in an abysmal space when the best the board has is talk about their facebook missions and barbie doll dress up. What happened to all the 1337 beta infos. Personally I am going to choose to blame Furor.
Well, after 12 years, you're in your groove. The choices are stark: either keep doing what you have been, tweaking bits here and there and doing minor stuff, or do an NGE that is guaranteed to piss off a large amount of your current player base without guaranteeing to bring any new blood. Choices, choices...

(as an aside, the chat is starting to fill with people looking for a guild because "they've just come back". Pre-expansion spike inc already)

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Except don't use heirloom weapon. Buy one of the blue crafted WOD weapons. They typically are not that expensive for the ones with less popular stat combos and it is an Ilevel 630 upgradable weapon. Basically it is level 100+ gear you can use at level 91.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ironically leveling from 90-100 is almost the fastest leveling range now. Basically get a characters garrison unlocked and then sit them for a couple days to build up some rested XP and some GR. Once you have that buy the xp potions pop one do the main story stuff in shadowmoon/frost and the bonus zones for that area. This gets you the improvement for your garrison book which saves money and should get you to 94-95. Then just bang out the basic outpost quests in each zone and the bonus areas for that zone and you should hit 99-100 before you even touch nagrand. It took me about 4ish hours to go 91-100 the last time I tried it with full heirlooms/rested xp and xp potions.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Except don't use heirloom weapon. Buy one of the blue crafted WOD weapons. They typically are not that expensive for the ones with less popular stat combos and it is an Ilevel 630 upgradable weapon. Basically it is level 100+ gear you can use at level 91.
Yeah, forgot about that. Heirloom gear with a crafted weapon is pure rape.

Also, one of the greatest killers of alt-leveling is staying in a zone and completing quests below your level. Once you hit a level that gives you access to a zone of that new level, cut out. Don't linger and try to be anal to finish those quests. Get out and go to the new zone already.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
So it's probably a log shot but I would like to try and knock out the challenge modes before they are removed but I don't have a group to work with. Anyone here feel like doing some charity work and helping a brother out?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Rerolled guild is Horde on Hyjal but it is pretty much dead as fuck too.. I would imagine it would pick back up once legion hits but I didn't get many bites so I ended up on Mal'Ganis

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Rerolled guild is Horde on Hyjal but it is pretty much dead as fuck too.. I would imagine it would pick back up once legion hits but I didn't get many bites so I ended up on Mal'Ganis
I am over there as well, Mal'ganis that is. Sub ran out this week but ill be resubbing next month before the pre patch. Rogosh#1527 Most of my guild is gone as well but we plan on raiding mornings in Legion wed-friday 930 til 1230 est. Still looking for people if you have any interest just let me know.

If you dont care about the weapon transmogs, silver challenge modes are easy and you get mount plus title.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
how viable are the old legendaries when it comes to timewalking dungeons?
Dragonwrath is Best in Slot, gem and enchant it of course. Same for Shadowmourne. The SoO (Garrosh) heirloom weapons are also very good as they have a lot of gem slots and can be enchanted.
For rogues of course the legendary daggers are great, but it takes quite a lot of time to get them (10 weeks if I remember correctly).

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Worst part about leveling in pre WoD is CRZ. It's cool to see a bunch of people around but sometimes longish respawn timers slow everything way down. Maybe that will fix with the tapping changes in Legion

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also if you are not in a hurry time it with the week darkmoon faire is out. Get your WHEEE buff and some hats. Use them if they fall off right before finishing bonus questing areas. The extra bonus stacks with the garrison xp potions.