World of Warcraft: Current Year

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Not really, since you're still gated by having to obtain order hall resources, which are fairly "limited". Not farming them every day has left me having to do Wq's just to get a days worth of resources to have all my Companions out on missions. If someone is wq'ing with five alts, they're going to get the vast majority of their gold actually playing, not from their halls. The order hall seems to net me enough gold for weekly raiding repairs.

After mentioning that mythic raids were guild killers, that's the kind of environment I want to be in. I'm not afraid to throw my corpse at a boss a hundred times hoping rngesus gives a half decent run. I've done M+6, and the third dps is what always hinders the (many) groups that I've been in. Finding three dps that can spurt more than 400k or sustain 220-240k is apparently the real challenge, not the dungeon. Though the number of wipes I've had to deal with on the first boss of Halls of Valor mechanics may be a close second.

That is literally the hardest part of HoV. The second horn where he summons three breaths, can you get four other people to not only dodge all 3, but dodge the tornadoes, which at Mythic+ difficulty do enough damage to one shot you? I THINK NOT!

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
According to this chart, the way to make money with leatherworking is to spend your time doing something else.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
No the hardest part of +6 or more HOV is people not pulling tons of shit like dumbasses.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Doesn't Leatherworking make that sweet bloodlust item? I mean, I have a pet that does the same thing and yours is like 10k in mats but...

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
After mentioning that mythic raids were guild killers, that's the kind of environment I want to be in. I'm not afraid to throw my corpse at a boss a hundred times hoping rngesus gives a half decent run. I've done M+6, and the third dps is what always hinders the (many) groups that I've been in. Finding three dps that can spurt more than 400k or sustain 220-240k is apparently the real challenge, not the dungeon. Though the number of wipes I've had to deal with on the first boss of Halls of Valor mechanics may be a close second.

I've been on both ends of the spectrum for mythic runs. i've had +9 runs that went flawlessly and we miss the timer by 1-2 minutes because the dps cant carry their weight and ive had +6's that wipe because the healer is undergeared and doesn't understand mechanics (overflowing). at +10 with the wrong combination of affixes creative engineering is required to complete some pulls. the two pulls right before the demonhunter boss in BRH for example or the first drake + 4 pull in HoV (with bolstering or necrotic) is a nightmare. I've taken to not running HoV/BRH/CoS at the higher mythic levels because so much shit can go wrong with little misplays. the wolves at fenryr will one shot people if they get double targeted if you get 1 tick of the stormbreath and a clothy on hymdall you'll probably die if anything else ticks nearby. above +7 things are brutal.

We have about 50-60 members in my guild at the moment, including alts some of these are "normal raiders" that we bring in for normal clears and some are socials. we are having a serious time trying to find dps that want to bang their heads against mythic raid bosses. we've had probably 6-7 mythic pulls on nythendra and got her to the mid teens but then the following night we dont have our core dps and only socials online. we are currently bringing 2-3 subpar dps into the raid just to meet the 20 person requirement (we are healer and tank heavy like most guilds). I want to progress in mythic but i feel like there is some mental block stopping people from committing to it. EN is not HFC, there is no gorefiend, no mannoroth that take 400+ pulls, this is essentially as easy as mythic raiding is going to be.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Eh, Ive got most trades on all my different alts at this point. Not that i play them like I should, but Im pretty self sufficient. I just wanted that stupid mount from leatherworking.

Daidraco

I've been on both ends of the spectrum for mythic runs. i've had +9 runs that went flawlessly and we miss the timer by 1-2 minutes because the dps cant carry their weight and ive had +6's that wipe because the healer is undergeared and doesn't understand mechanics (overflowing). at +10 with the wrong combination of affixes creative engineering is required to complete some pulls. the two pulls right before the demonhunter boss in BRH for example or the first drake + 4 pull in HoV (with bolstering or necrotic) is a nightmare. I've taken to not running HoV/BRH/CoS at the higher mythic levels because so much shit can go wrong with little misplays. the wolves at fenryr will one shot people if they get double targeted if you get 1 tick of the stormbreath and a clothy on hymdall you'll probably die if anything else ticks nearby. above +7 things are brutal.

We have about 50-60 members in my guild at the moment, including alts some of these are "normal raiders" that we bring in for normal clears and some are socials. we are having a serious time trying to find dps that want to bang their heads against mythic raid bosses. we've had probably 6-7 mythic pulls on nythendra and got her to the mid teens but then the following night we dont have our core dps and only socials online. we are currently bringing 2-3 subpar dps into the raid just to meet the 20 person requirement (we are healer and tank heavy like most guilds). I want to progress in mythic but i feel like there is some mental block stopping people from committing to it. EN is not HFC, there is no gorefiend, no mannoroth that take 400+ pulls, this is essentially as easy as mythic raiding is going to be.

And thats the state that the FoH guild is in right now. Mythic +'s are becoming harder and harder to find people for. A blanket of apathy has set in over everything the last couple of weeks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Something to keep in mind for FOH. We haven't started mythic raiding. There are definitely people that want to do it but don't join our guild if that's specifically what you want to get into. If you're willing to join a guild that may or may not do mythic raiding then we are the right place

Id really hate to have people join with that expectation and spend money to transfer.

That said, there are people looking to start it. Numbers are not there yet. We have heroic on 7/7 farm in one group and 6/7 progression in my group.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
2 Legendary bear tank is a go! With flasks, food and pots I'll probably be over 200k single target dps in raids now.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
And thats the state that the FoH guild is in right now. Mythic +'s are becoming harder and harder to find people for. A blanket of apathy has set in over everything the last couple of weeks.

Doesn't help that there are new, slightly funner games out (at least for now, they'll eventually burn out with them as well) - timing isn't great. WOW has always been, at least for me, the game to go back to when there is an expansion, content patch, or a lull in between other games. The people that play WOW for hours everyday months after release are the exception, not the rule I think. That's part of what makes the game great. Always fun to pop in a few times a week to raid, run some dungeons, etc then spend other time in BF1, Civ6, Forza, new Final Fantasy end of next month, etc.

Daidraco

Something to keep in mind for FOH. We haven't started mythic raiding. There are definitely people that want to do it but don't join our guild if that's specifically what you want to get into. If you're willing to join a guild that may or may not do mythic raiding then we are the right place

Id really hate to have people join with that expectation and spend money to transfer.

That said, there are people looking to start it. Numbers are not there yet. We have heroic on 7/7 farm in one group and 6/7 progression in my group.

I was talking about Mythic + dungeons, specifically. I encourage you to find a group on the fly to do a +8 or higher lol. I dont think its just the guild, on second thought. The time, work, and effort put into doing Mythic +'s at a higher tier is just obnoxious in comparison to the effort that you can put into raiding and get gear thats lesser item level. The Time VS Reward for Mythic + dungeons is just .. bad. At least thats my opinion. The group I always run with have went through the full gambit of emotions and feelings towards Mythic +'s.