World of Warcraft: Current Year

khorum

Murder Apologist
At least those artifact skins can actually be appreciated. I got the shadow weapon artifact on me priest today aaand... it just looks like a dark indigo blob in shadowform.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Using Quel'Delar on my warrior. A lot of the artifact skins were really boring. But damn does Quel'Delar look good with Dreadnaught!

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
all the hunter artifacts look shitty
Eh, I like the crossbow for Marksman. The Beastmaster PVP one is pretty sweet. I am mostly waiting for the Beastmaster skin from 7.1.5. It's one of the reasons I started laying hunter.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I managed to get the Wolfslayer Sniper Rifle from old Karazhan for my hunter. A shame the new Karazhan doesn't give an updated model though.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Not too surprising since people who enjoy PVP gaming have lots more / better options these days.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
PVP is a dumpster fire, we did RBGs post raid the other night and it turns into focus healer A for 2 minutes, focus healer B for 2 minutes, swap back to healer A. Non-rated pvp comes down to whoever has the most stuns available on their team. WoW is probably one of the shittiest pvp games i can think of.

We downed Mythic Dragons last night, tanking it was decently easy you just need to keep your dragon swaps tight and not stand in bad stuff. Fuck being dps on that fight there are so many different abilities going on, different color swirls, different types of adds, different things to stand in / not stand in, fears all day, fuck that fight.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I am looking forward to the next iterative progression for MMORPGs that moves away from positioning-based content. Having a constant run-n-gun gameplay with a system that mandates being stationary to actually do anything makes my head hurt. Well that and "dont stand in fire / dragon breath" was one thing, but there are indeed way too many things to stand-in vs. not-stand-in not to mention all the times you are targeted with an ability and need a scorecard to tell if this is something you should run to or away from the raid.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That's part of the reason I don't miss raiding that much. The amount of coordination required for 20+ people is a bit steep sometimes. Especially if you're a dps and haven't gotten the specific boss aids even after 3 kills. I'm really glad they made M+ competitive with raiding as an endgame in terms of loot potential.

New PTR is up, way too much stuff to highlight, so go check out the notes. They added revenge to the SS reset, so I guess the prot warrior priority will be SS - free revenge - tclap - devastate. Seems much better than what they have now. I'm still worried that there will be times where you need revenge and it costs 30 rage. Nerfing tclap's radius to 12 yards seems weird.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Anyone on ptr able to check secondary stats? Hearing they have been scaled back to require more stat per % increase.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
If the Hunter changes stay as is/nothing for BM gets added, looks like it will be a big loss to be anything but Marksman in any situation. :(

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I've mostly always been a "this is probably fine" type of person but i am having a bit of doubts about the changes with warriors. Math shows that devastator is an underperforming talent and there is no reason to take it vice indomitable but instead of tweaking those abilities they change the low health IP ability to cover 100% instead of 75%. yes thats a net upgrade but they really want talent trees to work like they are supposed to then give people actual options and not make something mathematically better in every situation.

the change to Revenge resetting SS is good, so now there is a reason to actually push the button, with Tclap becoming part of the rotation hopefully there was some behind the scenes tinkering with how much threat it generates. Warriors are pretty low in the aoe threat department as is and changing revenge to be usable less often is not helpful. In M+3 with skittish i can charge in, tclap, revenge, throw down a seed pod, hit shivermaws aoe frost bomb and then still lose agro almost instantly obviously this is the design of skittish but now im waiting 4-5 seconds for an ability to come back up, or i burn my taunt. where DK's can drop a DnD, heartstrike and lol to victory.

My solution is Give me an option in the Tclap radius row to either make Tclap bigger OR make it generate additional threat (or even leave a very short 1-2 second duration aoe on the ground), the indomitable row, nerf the talent to provide less overall health or less IP and then add another 1-2 rage to devastator auto attacks. the bottom row needs a complete overhaul, remove anger management and replace it with a dps talent or swap booming voice to this level, keep heavy repurcussions the same, and change ravager to provide a static amount of parry with an on use effect (damage and a smaller amount of parry).