World of Warcraft: Current Year

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
They were for like 4 days

The color is obviously irrelevant but they should of started the cap for purple at like 850 maybe.

I think people just would quit rather than wear blue items for a prolonged period of time even if it had the same stats as a purple.

I still remember laughing replacing my bis shaman mace from vanilla with a green staff 15 minutes into TBC.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The color is obviously irrelevant but they should of started the cap for purple at like 850 maybe.

I think people just would quit rather than wear blue items for a prolonged period of time even if it had the same stats as a purple.

I still remember laughing replacing my bis shaman mace from vanilla with a green staff 15 minutes into TBC.
Yeah they screwed the pooch on colors really. Purples should be from raids.

Its all irrelevant anyways when Timmy mcdicksucker can get carried in m+

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Its all irrelevant anyways when Timmy mcdicksucker can get carried in m+

Why does this bother people? There are a lot of shitty mechanics Blizzard has added over the years, and many were added/expanded in this expansion.

1) Garrisons (Don't you love being required to send a group of followers to do shit for you that you have no control over that is also required for you to advance your own character?)
2) Randomized loot system (We've already all bitched about this a ton)
3) Daily quests (The worst thing Blizzard has ever done for gaming)
4) Hardcoded 2 faction system

The list goes on.

But one of the actually good things they've done is create the Mythic+ system where you can run for upgrades (mainly your artifact) as much as you want instead of having to wait until your fucking dailies/weeklies reset so you can go get 1/20th of the currency you need for your next upgrade. Sure It's not perfect... keys can be griefed and I'm not a huge fan of the timed run/required mob kill combination but even with its flaws it's one of the best things they've ever added to the game.

"Timmy mcdicksucker" gets some upgrades and we get artifact power and a chance at loot. That's a symbiotic relationship. That's a good thing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why does it matter what someone else has? It's not like this is a competitive PVP game or a hard game. Are you afraid your ePeen won't look as cool if Timmy licks windows and has the same ilvl?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I refuse to do it out of principle when it comes to getting carried for higher M+. Timmy McDicksucker should be stuck with LFR loot while Tommy BigDick who put in more work than creating shitty CARRY ME PLZ groups gets all the super big codpieces to accommodate his oversized package.

Personal pride maybe, but the shit I have on my characters, I have because I was an active contributor. That whole culture of carrying just reeks of millennial participation trophy entitlement bullshit to me. I mean, I understand the benefit to the excellent players who manage that content with 4 or 4.25 or whatever people, I just wish there was a better way than using people who wouldn't be able to cut the mustard normally. I even had an argument with someone in my alliance guild, who was a little upset that everyone in the guild wasn't getting geared up by letting themselves get carried by their betters every week up to +10 or whatever (never mind the fact that the guild doesn't actually do much of that, so he was expecting people to CARRY PLZ lfg to glory). I was incredulous, like, you can't actually be serious right?

Alright, off to tell someone to get off my lawn.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Nothing like Timmy MicDickface or Guildy Alt 00025 getting a titanforge from shittier difficutly that would be an upgrade to an item you've had sonce regular mythics opened.

• 1Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Why does this bother people? There are a lot of shitty mechanics Blizzard has added over the years, and many were added/expanded in this expansion.

1) Garrisons (Don't you love being required to send a group of followers to do shit for you that you have no control over that is also required for you to advance your own character?)
2) Randomized loot system (We've already all bitched about this a ton)
3) Daily quests (The worst thing Blizzard has ever done for gaming)
4) Hardcoded 2 faction system

The list goes on.

But one of the actually good things they've done is create the Mythic+ system where you can run for upgrades (mainly your artifact) as much as you want instead of having to wait until your fucking dailies/weeklies reset so you can go get 1/20th of the currency you need for your next upgrade. Sure It's not perfect... keys can be griefed and I'm not a huge fan of the timed run/required mob kill combination but even with its flaws it's one of the best things they've ever added to the game.

"Timmy mcdicksucker" gets some upgrades and we get artifact power and a chance at loot. That's a symbiotic relationship. That's a good thing.
Guess again sweaty

Khane

Nothing like Timmy MicDickface or Guildy Alt 00025 getting a titanforge from shittier difficutly that would be an upgrade to an item you've had sonce regular mythics opened.

When was the last time you logged in?

You guys know that 99% of the Hyjal guild is what the rest of us would call Timmy McDicksucker right?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The reason it sucks shit and turns people off is because the game shouldn't be some fucking communism bullshit. You killed the hardest content here is some decent gear. Oh you swept up a dog turd will here is great gear.. Fuck you blizzard

• 1Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
When was the last time you logged in?

You guys know that 99% of the Hyjal guild is what the rest of us would call Timmy McDicksucker right?
Absolutely not true and is separate from my point anyways.

Gear earned should be equivalent to content downed.

But yes, continue to flash your mythic kills and 3 chest +12s

Khane

The reason it sucks shit and turns people off is because the game shouldn't be some fucking communism bullshit. You killed the hardest content here is some decent gear. Oh you swept up a dog turd will here is great gear.. Fuck you blizzard

Yea but that has nothing to do with M+.

That's the entirety of the game as it stands right now.

You can get an 895 six feather killing the same shit you killed the second you stepped into the Broken Isles.

M+ is fantastic. It removed the stupid daily cockblock for advancement and allows us to actually grind out power upgrades at whatever pace we choose.

Khane

Absolutely not true and is separate from my point anyways.

Gear earned should be equivalent to content downed.

But yes, continue to flash your mythic kills and 3 chest +12s

No noodle. You are the person you're bitching about. You are the person me and my group carry through M+ every week.

Except the people in my guild and myself? We don't actually bitch and moan about "timmy casual" or "shitty pugs, I refuse to do them".

I played the fucking game without that condescending attitude and built a friends list full of people I enjoy playing with. And even enjoy carrying people like you who don't get to play as much because they have other responsibilities in life. All without pretending they are somehow inferior to me.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I refuse to do it out of principle when it comes to getting carried for higher M+. Timmy McDicksucker should be stuck with LFR loot while Tommy BigDick who put in more work than creating shitty CARRY ME PLZ groups gets all the super big codpieces to accommodate his oversized package.

Personal pride maybe, but the shit I have on my characters, I have because I was an active contributor. That whole culture of carrying just reeks of millennial participation trophy entitlement bullshit to me. I mean, I understand the benefit to the excellent players who manage that content with 4 or 4.25 or whatever people, I just wish there was a better way than using people who wouldn't be able to cut the mustard normally. I even had an argument with someone in my alliance guild, who was a little upset that everyone in the guild wasn't getting geared up by letting themselves get carried by their betters every week up to +10 or whatever (never mind the fact that the guild doesn't actually do much of that, so he was expecting people to CARRY PLZ lfg to glory). I was incredulous, like, you can't actually be serious right?

Alright, off to tell someone to get off my lawn.

I definitely have this mindset. I fucking hated doing sell runs despite the money because it just meant one more little entitled shit walking around with gear and titles they didn't earn. It just feels like it cheapens the work I've put into the game and the achievements I've gotten. I realize the community is way past this sort of thinking though, so just gotta deal with it.

Alternatively, I feel like people put in much less effort to actually getting better at the game though when they can just farm and buy everything, or just luck into it from a good TF. Shittier players results in a shittier experience for everyone, IMO

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I see now the condescending comes out

Youve never even played with me. Never talk to me or my son ever again.