World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
He isn't saying item looks are watered down. He's saying "Nobody notices me anymore which is why games today suck".

This is vGrade:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So the Pinnacle of your wow experience was having your dick stroked because you had some gear. I was in a server first guild up through naxx40 and I don't understand that, but then again Im not really a person obsessive over gear. If people were following us around in vanilla I was either oblivious or forgot about it.

You wouldn't have to notice Method by gear - the names of some of those dudes is enough to be blown away by the level they play at. Their accomplishments carry a lot more weight to me than what they're wearing. Different strokes I guess.

Its just weird that your major criticism pivots on the fact that you can't sit around town and have people ogle your gear. Which, btw, does still happen sometimes. When the challenge skins first came out it was really impressive seeing them. Hell, some classes I'm still impressed when I see.

As for server community. I'm glad it's homogenized. It makes the world feel bigger when you actually see people from other servers. I think cross realm play was one of the smartest thing they've ever done.

I just don't see bashing a game you don't play, and haven't played since arguably one of the worst expacs ever. And your arguments don't really hold much weight.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Nowadays when I see something that makes me go "Oh wow that's awesome! How do I get it?" it's usually a pet or mount that I can just go spend $25 for in the Blizzard store.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The sad part about things like mounts is there are so fucking many of them that they are all watered down. When there was a handful of exclusive content mounts they were pretty neat but those days are long gone. Also when you get some sick ass flying mount but the devs decide you can't fly.

As for Vanilla WoW and Naxx and shit. A big part of people not doing it was shortly after it opened they had TBC beta going on and people saw that shit greens blew the fuck out of any raid gear. This was also the same time they made the PVP gear available to any 1/2 yard thunder cunt and all of a sudden the motivation to get people t show up went out the door.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

No dude the black qiraji or black proto drake mount are still badass. The people who play now mostly don't know what those mounts mean but they are about as exclusive as any item in any game ever created.

TBC greens didn't keep people out of Naxx 40, the time commitment did. You had maybe ~10 people who didn't have real jobs or were still in college trying to farm all the materials needed to get the potions/res gear for the rest of the 40 man raid group. That shit was terrible.

Wearing the fact that you killed KT during era in that shit stain of a raid tier as a badge of honor is more of a testament to your ability to deal with the worst of the worst game mechanics than being good at anything.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Transmog in general has kind of watered that down. Rarely do people wear current tier. You can make yourself look prettier with loincloths and butt plugs from old content.

EDIT: I should say that mounts are kind of the new "cool gear bro". Or the closest thing we have to it now.

Hey, there's no reason to attack me like this

No dude the black qiraji or black proto drake mount are still badass.

I'd suck dick for a time machine and go back to actually getting the black qiraji instead of giving it to a warrior that we all knew was going to quit.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
No dude the black qiraji or black proto drake mount are still badass. The people who play now mostly don't know what those mounts mean but they are about as exclusive as any item in any game ever created.

TBC greens didn't keep people out of Naxx 40, the time commitment did. You had maybe ~10 people who didn't have real jobs or were still in college trying to farm all the materials needed to get the potions/res gear for the rest of the 40 man raid group. That shit was terrible.

Wearing the fact that you killed KT during era in that shit stain of a raid tier as a badge of honor is more of a testament to your ability to deal with the worst of the worst game mechanics than being good at anything.
I've never even seen a black qiraji in the wild. Such a unique mount

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You know what's really useless? Titles. When was the last time you noticed somebody's fucking title. They should have cool cosmetics associated with titles.

• 1Solidarity

xzi

Mouthbreather
I've noticed every single Scarab Lord I've ever seen, as well as High Warlord/Grand Marshal. But there's cool cosmetics associated with those, so.. idk lmao

Burns

I've never even seen a black qiraji in the wild. Such a unique mount

With CRZ shit, there might be a slightly higher chance to see it, but I would imagine at least half or 3/4s of those players with the mount dont even play anymore.

The person that our server gave the mount to Xfered to Hyjal or MG horde a long time ago. I heard he was still playing in Panda land, but who knows where he is now. His toon was "Ts" and was WoW famous for doing half the work on CT raid tools.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
You know what's really useless? Titles. When was the last time you noticed somebody's fucking title. They should have cool cosmetics associated with titles.
I've kept Starcaller since downing Algalon way back in WOTLK. Personal character identifier that I could otherwise not give two shits about. But hey, some folks are all about that RP.

Khane

We have a Scarab Lord in our guild. I don't really know why he is in our guild other than to say he must not want to raid hardcore anymore and I guess we're close to "good enough". There are a lot of people with The immortal title in my guild from when they were a real deal high end raiding guild all the way from BC to MoP but... again... I'm not seeing any spectacular play from these people. The guy who has Scarab Lord is definitely one of the best players in the guild. A monk named Novembrex, but the other guys with the immortal title? Fucking lol. They were good back then I guess but I kick the shit out of them in DPS and general raid awareness now. Most of them need to have their hand held to perform to a reasonable level.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We have a Scarab Lord in our guild. I don't really know why he is in our guild other than to say he must not want to raid hardcore anymore and I guess we're close to "good enough". There are a lot of people with The immortal title in my guild from when they were a real deal high end raiding guild all the way from BC to MoP but... again... I'm not seeing any spectacular play from these people. The guy who has Scarab Lord is definitely one of the best players in the guild. A monk named Novembrex, but the other guys with the immortal title? Fucking lol. They were good back then I guess but I kick the shit out of them in DPS and general raid awareness now. Most of them need to have their hand held to perform to a reasonable level.
I thought at some point we had a scarab Lord on this forum, but I'm not sure.

Even moreso than other titles, scarab Lord just shows you were popular

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Not the same guild

We were that 1 percent who even got the see Naxx 40 man and that pre nerf dance used to make most guilds who did see it quit. Raiders weren't ready back then. 895,000 level 60's on us servers and only 23 guilds cleared Vanilla Naxx. Less than 0.1% players killed Kel'thuzad, a number that has never been achieved with any other dungeon in the history of WOW. Being at the top back then was different than today

Shit, I remember watching the hell out of these Heist videos every day when I had first applied to my very first "high end" guild and was trying to prep to do Naxx bosses. Still have that song from the Thaddeus video on my regular playlist.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Played a Resto Druid back then, and I remember the first time I quit was when my guild had killed Thaddius, and was moving on. They killed KT before TBC launched, but barely. I feel like I played a Resto druid much longer than that, but when I came back I was playing a Mage, so I guess not. I remember I hardly knew wtf was going on most fights, and just followed whatever DBM (or whatever it was called back then) told me.