World of Warcraft: Current Year

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea these tier pieces are god awful for all but like two classes. Really disappointing. Love the raid though. That cinematic was pretty epic, not gonna lie.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I got hard immediately upon entering those giant red and black halls, and that view when you're coming up onto Aggramar and he's like communicating with the cosmos behind him was some of the prettiest shit I've ever seen in WoW. It honestly had me feeling like it was a different game for a minute.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
In asmongolds latest video he said the same thing. He said he's been asking for wow2 for years and that moment he felt as if h was already there

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
"Why can't the rest of the raid look like this?" someone said as we entered the section of the raid that was bright and full of color. The latter half of the raid looked like an entirely different game. Not since Vanilla have I walked into a room and been like "whoa, this looks badass" (OK, maybe I felt a glimmer of that at the beginning of Legion), and I stopped and took a second to look around in every room of the last quarter of the raid.

The raid reminded me a lot of Ulduar, mixed with Legion themes instead of frost themes. Even some of the bosses. "Attack the left arm/turret".

I liked pretty much all of the encounters except the tower defense (boring and pointless), and the big circle boss with the two spawns. The way the ground around the boss is laid out makes it annoying as fuck trying to drop Starfall, since you can't target the ground anywhere near him, and I'm not even sure my shit was hitting him (need to re check logs). Also, movement blows and that fight had a ton of it. The Varimathras fight was only annoying because of camera clipping.

Curious to see how we do in heroic. My class gets a lot more interesting/fun to play at the end of expansions when crit scales up.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Did new raid drop? Sounds like it’s pretty or something? Worth the login now?

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
New raid is lots of fun. Very good looking (second half), with some interesting mechanics. No new world content. So if you are not a raider, it is not worth the sub.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Fuck this fat panda still burnt all my food, what a dick

uKmNc5x.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Dalien

Registered Hodor
So as an LFR hero, what the fuck is the point in gating the LFR wings until fucking January?

I mean I get why they gated the LFR wings to begin with, they wanted to give normal guilds time to clear the raid without LFR cheapening the experience. But now we have pugs and alts clearing normal before noon on the Tuesday it's released, so it seems retarded to gate it like this anymore. Maybe they're just trying to drag out subs (they are) but it seems like if you're part of a normal raid team that is still trying to clear it in January you should probably just kill yourself.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The first wing opens Tuesday the 5th, and each one after that is every two weeks. That’s always been their LFR release timing.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So as an LFR hero, what the fuck is the point in gating the LFR wings until fucking January?

I mean I get why they gated the LFR wings to begin with, they wanted to give normal guilds time to clear the raid without LFR cheapening the experience. But now we have pugs and alts clearing normal before noon on the Tuesday it's released, so it seems retarded to gate it like this anymore. Maybe they're just trying to drag out subs (they are) but it seems like if you're part of a normal raid team that is still trying to clear it in January you should probably just kill yourself.
Honestly they should just get rid of LFR. If people really want to see it just pug normal, at least there's some sense of accomplishment there

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Honestly they should just get rid of LFR. If people really want to see it just pug normal, at least there's some sense of accomplishment there

Based on my last experience with LFR like 95% of the people who do LFR couldn't clear normal getting carried...