World of Warcraft: Current Year

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
I tried leveling a monk last month and once I hit 60 it got miserably slow in Northrend. Once you hit 72 it gets much faster in Karazhan and onwards but Kara is supposed to be nerfed tomorrow I thought.

You can do TBC HC Dungeons für 1 level per dungeon until 80. Most classes can do this starting level 73.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Ya know... thinking about it now I feel like the change to the Blood Elf racial could make it even more powerful than it already was. An AoE dispel? If that can remove shit like BoP than fuck yea I'll take that over a 1.5 second silence.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea but it was already like this. You could use WoD recipes to get +5 skill per level starting at level 1. This expansion breakup doesn't really do anything except make older content tradeskills more of a headache. The change actually makes it so you can't even get the old recipes and shit unless you specifically target that expansion. At least the way it stands right now if you level with WoD recipes you can then buy the other shit you may want and make it because you had high enough skill level.

It's more of the same smoke and mirrors bullshit Ion and co have been pulling for years at this point. "Oh this actually makes it better for casuals because reasons!". Actually Ion, you fucking twat, this makes it more of a pain in the ass.
I don't think it's smoke and mirrors. It makes it more casual friendly because you only need to grind 100 levels to get max. It makes it more poopsock friendly because you have shit to rub in everyone else's face. Who really gives a fuck about making shit from old expansions?

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Hate that my guild died off. Needing to pick a class, pick a server and find a guild to my liking before BFA launch makes me not even want to start back up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

I don't think it's smoke and mirrors. It makes it more casual friendly because you only need to grind 100 levels to get max. It makes it more poopsock friendly because you have shit to rub in everyone else's face. Who really gives a fuck about making shit from old expansions?

Eh potato, potahto I guess. There's still a decent amount of money to be made from various old world recipes and getting to current content tradeskill levels was pretty trivial with the way things worked in WoD/Legion.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eh potato, potahto I guess. There's still a decent amount of money to be made from various old world recipes and getting to current content tradeskill levels was pretty trivial with the way things worked in WoD/Legion.
So now if you work for it there should be less people selling the old stuff which should be a positive for you?

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Tradeskill level literally don't matter right now in bfa you can learn whatever Prof you want the day of and be just as proficient as someone with Max skill from legion. You just don't know the recipes from the previous expansions unless you go back and level your Prof there.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Fucking hell, I am kicking myself for not playing for the last 5 months or so, since I know I could of gotten everything that's going away with ease.

Right now I finished off Field Medic
I got most of the mage towers, I was able to level up 2 characters and gear them in less than a week and blow that shit up. Sadly I don't think I can level and gear a shaman in the next few hours. Did a chosen run got a couple of people in the guild the title but I died due to orbs at the last couple of % fucking cunts. If I had payed any attention at all I would of snagged the Tmog for all armor types but sadly it's not meant to be.

I have a couple of more characters I might try and do tonight and maybe do some brawlers guild shit but whatever.

The weird/sad part about it is I didn't even think about or give the slighest fuck about most of this shit. It wasn't even on my radar but for some reason I played obsessively this week trying to get pixels that don't even fucking matter.

P.S. Monk Brewmaster challenge can suck a fucking dick. Glad to be done with it. Also WW being protoss blades is fucking cool.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
If you didnt care to play for 5 months, why care now? Fuck that noise, this shit isnt a job.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
If you didnt care to play for 5 months, why care now? Fuck that noise, this shit isnt a job.

Of course it's not a job and ultimately none of this shit matters, it's all pixels 1's and 0's. Even so there are many on this board who play this game as a hobby and like to collect stuff. Also you would be surprised at the number of people who do treat it as a job or are willing to fuck over friends for an extra 2-3 ilvl and 10 e-peen points.

Also Blizzard has a history of removing shit from the game with personally I loathe. I am never a fan of removal of any content in an MMO since people come and go for various reasons and it sucks being locked out of shit forever. So it's all the more reason people do try and get these items/titles/achievements/transmogs

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Of course it's not a job and ultimately none of this shit matters, it's all pixels 1's and 0's. Even so there are many on this board who play this game as a hobby and like to collect stuff. Also you would be surprised at the number of people who do treat it as a job or are willing to fuck over friends for an extra 2-3 ilvl and 10 e-peen points.
I doubt anyone on this board, who has been MMOing as long as most have, would be surprised at that shit. Pretty sure we all poopsocked at some point in our lives, I know I did. You just seemed annoyed by not having finished achievements X and that shit is so pointless; there are always more.

Since I am on this topic i have poopsocked the following:

Neverwinter Nights on AOL leading to 300+ dollar bills every month
Dragonrealms, a mud, on AOL and then on the web for 10-14 hours each day for almost 5 years.
DAoC for 12-14 hours each day for a year or so.

Calmed down after that shit and just did 4-5 hours a day in EQ and then Shadowbane and then WoW.

Seen everything everyone else saw. Neckbeards ruining theirs and others lives. Loot whores of correct and ambiguous genders. Guilds blowing up, friends fighting, marriages falling apart.

Basically the good old days :emoji_sob:

Last edited:

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I doubt anyone on this board, who has been MMOing as long as most have, would be surprised at that shit. Pretty sure we all poopsocked at some point in our lives, I know I did. You just seemed annoyed by not having finished achievements X and that shit is so pointless; there are always more.

Sure I am a bit annoying but more with myself since I could of finished off a few more things if I didn't wait until last minute. With that being said I still managed to complete more than I had expected on short notice. Tonight I still am going to get as much done as possible before the reset.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Jewelcrafting is such an addicting gambling slot machine. I've been making bank with it, but sometimes you spend 20k and end up with jack shit. Other times you do one prospect and get 20k. You gotta be willing to drop some serious cash to get to "averages" though and to combat bad luck sprees.

These are 4k each on my server right now, and the +200 stat gems are as high as 6k (which you can basically convert these to 1:1 almost).

Been making bank off of the Jewelcrafting crowns as well, those are a gamblefest too with what stats you roll. I think I've spent 200k on ore in the last couple days. I started with a paltry 2k and now I'm up to like a revolving 200k within 2 days lol. It's chump change for I'm sure a lot of you, but it's crazy fun for me.

WoWScrnShot_071618_155754.jpg

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Jewelcrafting is such an addicting gambling slot machine. I've been making bank with it, but sometimes you spend 20k and end up with jack shit. Other times you do one prospect and get 20k. You gotta be willing to drop some serious cash to get to "averages" though and to combat bad luck sprees.

These are 4k each on my server right now, and the +200 stat gems are as high as 6k (which you can basically convert these to 1:1 almost).

Been making bank off of the Jewelcrafting crowns as well, those are a gamblefest too with what stats you roll. I think I've spent 200k on ore in the last couple days. I started with a paltry 2k and now I'm up to like a revolving 200k within 2 days lol. It's chump change for I'm sure a lot of you, but it's crazy fun for me.

View attachment 170526

Yes Tradeskills make money.

Cybsled

Since I am on this topic i have poopsocked the following:

Neverwinter Nights on AOL leading to 300+ dollar bills every month
Dragonrealms, a mud, on AOL and then on the web for 10-14 hours each day for almost 5 years.
DAoC for 12-14 hours each day for a year or so.

Calmed down after that shit and just did 4-5 hours a day in EQ and then Shadowbane and then WoW.

Seen everything everyone else saw. Neckbeards ruining theirs and others lives. Loot whores of correct and ambiguous genders. Guilds blowing up, friends fighting, marriages falling apart.

Basically the good old days :emoji_sob:

Lol the curse of NWN on AOL. I won a contest where part of the prize package was like a $200 credit to AOL (back when they charged by the hour). So I get on AOL and discover NWN...and burn through my $200 credit and my parents got a bill for like $300. I was banned from online until the unlimited hour/3000 hours a month ISP deals started to appear lol. NWN was so fun...death triggers at Dracos, "Chamber" matches where most people just used X-GM to escape afterwards, "THUD" macros during PVP lol.

Although it was funny how many people from NWN would show up in EQ1 and WoW later on. There was a fuckton of NWN folks on the Cazic Thule server. The Undead Lords crew had a large contingent that worked at Brady Games and had worked on the Shadowbane guide and then were working on the WoW guide. I joined their guild for WoW closed beta and they were nice enough to put my name in the "thanks" section as one of the testers ;p I almost joined them for WoW live, but their guild had some slave system BS and then my EQ1 guild (Element of Darkness) started playing WoW (including some who had abandoned EOD for FOH during EQ) so I joined them on Doomhammer.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Yes Tradeskills make money.

Haha I know I'm just talking about how crazy addicting I find JC in particular. I did JC before, but it was never this much of an addicting gamble slot machine. It's crazy that you can mass prospect 20k in ore and end up with nothing, and then you can prospect a single 5 ore that cost you 60g and get 20k from that one prospect. This prospect was 4k for 0 gems whatsoever lol. Recipe for addiction! I heard most people hated Legion JC though because of the gem chip weaving. I'm not a big fan of it either. I love the big gains from mass prospecting though.

bubkiss.jpg

Khane

Still haven't seen any word about Legion Order Hall Gold Missions going away.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I keep hearing people say that the gold missions are going away, but yeah, I guess I've not actually seen an official statement on that yet. Does BfA have a similar mission table style thing going on?