World of Warcraft: Current Year

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure I know a lot more about WoW than Ion so he isnt even a lfr hero. I doubt that tool even plays the game.

xzi

Mouthbreather
prepatch almost always has ruined current content as it's not balanced for it at all, not anywhere near surprised they did it again. They shouldn't balance it for current content anyways really.

xzi

Mouthbreather
He also killed mythic argus before the nerfs, not to jerk him off or anything, but he knows how to play the game

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ion clearly doesn't understand the game mechanics. In the last q and a he said they put in necrotic to be bad for blood dk. Turns out they are the best tank for that affix. I know a lot of people who can raid mythic but have no clue. Turns out a lot of mythic raiding is about commitment and not standing in bad shit.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Did they bust 101 twinking with the stat squish? Or is it even stronger now? I've seen some videos of some crazy ass shit on 101 twinks (Demon Hunters being the easiest, starting at 99). You turn off exp and you equip yourself with BoE epics and you get over 100% Mastery/Critical Strike/Haste and I think some ridiculous Parry/Dodge and you solo dungeons and if you want you sell runs through dungeons for 101-109's. It's something I've considered doing for fun with my spare gold. I think it's probably stronger now, because hell I have 86% Mastery at 110. Anyone ever done this sort of thing? I love twinking, and I'm glad they brought ti back in Legion. Never understood why some games are so strict on twinking, who gives a fuck? I mean I guess for PvP you have a valid complaint, but for PvE, let us twink the shit out of our alts! I hope it exists in BFA, but with Ion basically being the fun police, I don't have my hopes up :(

Rime

<Donor>
Other than KJ, this expansion has been some of the best raiding content in the game, so they are doing that right.

What is not being done 'right' is it seems like they are trying to push WoW towards being 'elitist' again. Slowing down XP, restricting transmog drops, etc.

Something like 80% of the games population never goes beyond LFR level difficulty.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wouldn't characterize it as moving toward elitist. They are taking a lot of carebear actions like forced personal loot and azerite pieces being untradeable are pretty anti-mythic raiding. XP slowdowns are just stretching out content that casuals play since allied races are going to keep coming. These devs have just gone off the deep-end with "play the game the way we tell you."

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I wouldn't characterize it as moving toward elitist. They are taking a lot of carebear actions like forced personal loot and azerite pieces being untradeable are pretty anti-mythic raiding. XP slowdowns are just stretching out content that casuals play since allied races are going to keep coming. These devs have just gone off the deep-end with "play the game the way we tell you."

Yeah and the whole reason I came here proclaiming my love for WoW was that until a few weeks ago, it seemed like there was just an endless number of ways you could play modern WoW and that you had the freedom to do so many different things and play the game any way you wanted.. Now they are just herding people in one direction, making new rules, and stifling individual freedom. It's really bizarre because a lot of the things they've done since I last played WoW are completely contrary to things being done in the newest patch. It seemed like they really were angling for "play it your way" over the last few years, and now that seems to be going straight out the window with Ion "knows best" bullshit. It's "you think you do, but you don't" all over again.

I just don't think they are going to get the results they are hoping for. Showing board members or whatever the fuck it is up there in the Ivory tower, that play time is increasing and thus subscriptions will last longer, is not going to work in the long run. I for one have definitely played less since the patch, because playing my alts isn't nearly as fun and I can't transmog hunt as easily anymore either. Making things slower doesn't make people play longer, it just makes them not play at all...

Btw how do I turn off all the new annoying hat colors?

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder if they plan on releasing Classic during the lull that will happen a few months after BfA releases.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Legion app update today, looks like they reverted things to the Character List option like before, without having to Logout to switch characters and accounts.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Legion app update today, looks like they reverted things to the Character List option like before, without having to Logout to switch characters and accounts.
Makes me think they needed to get all those app connections reset

Rime

<Donor>
I wonder if they plan on releasing Classic during the lull that will happen a few months after BfA releases.

There will be a 'Buy/Subscribe for 6 Months and get <Insert Mount Here> FREE!' at some point during BfA, it was datamined.