World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So what the hell is the deal with Will of the Forsaken? My warlock is from vanilla and so obviously he is Undead Master Race but it doesn't seem to work on almost anything in M+. Shit that I could Will out of in normal Mythics I can't will out of in M+. Even on fucking trash mobs that charm like the assholes in King's Rest.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Not surprising at all. The Blood Elf racial doesn't dispel most things in M+, although there are specific things that it does still work on (like the large packs of souls in King's Rest).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Normal really isn't bad at all until ghuun. He's not bad but he requires a bunch of people Michael Jordan dunking

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Not surprising at all. The Blood Elf racial doesn't dispel most things in M+, although there are specific things that it does still work on (like the large packs of souls in King's Rest).

Bull rush that Highmount charecters get is great for mythic another aoe stun for my monk. Have to line it up right though pulled extra a pack a few times

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Supposedly this is fixed, but the video is funny anyways.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
So what the hell is the deal with Will of the Forsaken? My warlock is from vanilla and so obviously he is Undead Master Race but it doesn't seem to work on almost anything in M+. Shit that I could Will out of in normal Mythics I can't will out of in M+. Even on fucking trash mobs that charm like the assholes in King's Rest.

I don't know, but they changed Blessing of Freedom to ONLY work on abilities that ONLY slow. For example, if an ability does ANY sort of other debuff like -attack power or ANY sort of damage, freedom doesn't work. It's essentially useless for 80% of m+ content except mobs that frostbolt or hamstring and there's only like 2 of those in the entire expansion.

It honestly really bothers me. They already took 2 other cooldowns from holy paladin and with the freedom change it may as well be 3 cooldowns. It's probably stupid to complain about but the vast toolkit to get out of mechanics and be the actual support healer they were supposed to be is like down to just sacrifice and BOP now and it's fucking annoying. I'm not sure why I'm not just playing a monk and actually enjoying my class but I guess I'm just gonna quit soon anyways

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Do not play dps monk.

It is by far the shittiest feeling class and your aoe is non existent. The entire class in heroic revolves around touch of death windows, standing in things with karma and literally never using FoF except as a dump ability. The class needs a major rework, it is screwed ATM and not fun.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
I hate dps monk, but tank and heals are solid.

karma doing like 20% of total damage is real retarded lmao

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I like everything about monk. Sure WW has it's problems but Tank and Heals are solid. I can tolerate the dps issues for now.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
In a 25 person raid I was number 18 in dmg then after karma and tod I'd jump to 4-5, then slowly fall back down until another window. The other WW in our raid who was a straight 99 parser in legion can't get higher than 16 or 17 on fights with aoe. Fairly certain we are both rerolling to different classes.

The Swift roundhouse playstyle is terrible and dmg needs to be dropped from touch of death/karma and moved to other abilities. Also remove some of rsk dmg and put it into fist of fury, then remove the negative modifier on targets beyond the primary. Or remove the target cap on SCK.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
In a 25 person raid I was number 18 in dmg then after karma and tod I'd jump to 4-5, then slowly fall back down until another window. The other WW in our raid who was a straight 99 parser in legion can't get higher than 16 or 17 on fights with aoe. Fairly certain we are both rerolling to different classes.

The Swift roundhouse playstyle is terrible and dmg needs to be dropped from touch of death/karma and moved to other abilities. Also remove some of rsk dmg and put it into fist of fury, then remove the negative modifier on targets beyond the primary. Or remove the target cap on SCK.

What will you reroll to?

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I have a hunter around 340ish I'll probably swap to that, my other characters are sub 120 - DK is also an option but only 118ish on that character

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>

Yeah. I actually swapped to my DK full time since I like Blood's tanking and I have two dps specs to choose from. WW monk is a disaster. Legion it felt like a dynamo, BfA it feels so awful and broken.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I need to level up my DK the loss of the artifact isn’t a big loss for the spec. If it plays like Legion it was solid in almost every way. Port also isn’t really at a loss with the artifact since it really sucked shit but playing it on live feels so sluggish, and ignore pain is dogshit in the current form.

The lack of racials and abilities working in M+ is kind of lame but welcome to the club. You know how many times I try to warstomp shit and it’s immune? Makes me tempted to race change that shit after all these years.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Saturday is a free day for me so I plan to chain run M+ stuff and will be looking for people to run with. I can Tank or DPS them and will probably shit sock a 10 hour day or something. Might even try a pug heroic of Uldir or something depending on what the raid does tonight. So msg me here or on discord if I don’t already have you on my friends list and you wanna run some stuff.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Another noob question, just hit 80 today and headed to Pandaria, but was reading about different features of the last few expansions and was wondering does anyone bother with Garrison in WoD? Not sure what parts of expansions I should be spending time with or just keep grinding quests/dungeons to get 110 and not bother with old content.

There have been so many changes it can be hard to find info because everything is out dated.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I will stick with ww. Personally ww is by far the most enjoyable class for me. The playstyle is definitely worse than legion but I'm still having a blast. It would be nice if they removed a lot of the damage coming from ww and added it to the rest of our abilities to smooth out the damage. The AoE is much worse though, no doubt about that. We are kind of a priority target style melee now, which has it's uses but it would be nice if we had better aoe.

If you use iron fist x2 & open palm strikes your aoe is actually reasonably competitive, but you can't gear swap in M+, so you can't use that build as it is absolute garbage single target. There are also no raid fights where going aoe traits beats out 3x SR, so we are kind of stuck doing that.

It's not so bad though, as I said I am still enjoying the class.