World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Still considering playing. Between monk, dk, lock and sp

Monk is already levelled and just needs to catch up in gear. The rest are 110. I would prefer range but levelling ... Not wanting to do that

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
With hierlooms and questing using the add on, 110 to 120 on my ELE shaman took about 8 hours. If you have cash people are doing Twink freehold runs for like 45k an hour or something on alliance so I assume it's similar on horde. Also if your toons are bad ass with legendaries you can go solo freehold trash yourself for some really good exp.

The only one of those classes not in a super awesome place is DK and they are still fine. The rest are really good.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
but levelling ... Not wanting to do that

If you can be arsed, there are 120 heirlooms, which depending of your faction can make you reach 120 in 1 and a half zone, also some useful addons :

- Azeroth Auto Pilot to focus on main quests, very useful to avoid unecessary travels, warns you about stuff, AFKs, weird quests, etc
- Autoturnin to turn / validate everything, very useful to save your mouse clicks
- Fastloot to sell junk at speed light, working almost everytime
- Autovendor to repair your gear when you don't think about it

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Cool, I forgot about 120 levelling.

I tried to level a mage from level 1 when BFA first launched and it was ULTRA FUCKING SLOW. That's improved?

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
You can get experience potions with those commendation medals too. Island expeditions give ridiculous exp even if you lose.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cool, I forgot about 120 levelling.

I tried to level a mage from level 1 when BFA first launched and it was ULTRA FUCKING SLOW. That's improved?

I have no idea, I leveled a Demon Hunter because I couldn't be arsed with "old" leveling since I'm not a fan of "here take your three skills and kill stuff for fifteen levels until you maybe get an interesting skill, or not".

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did my kul tiran from 1 to 120. 110 to 120 was 8 hours. Total time was 40 hours. Total time played to ilvl 380 was 46 hours

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got my warrior to 110 in a few hours of play time doing a couple invasions, some islands and a few dungeon runs. If you time your leveling of an alt with dark moon faire it is even faster yet. With heirlooms+potion +dmf you are running with like + 70% xp gain.

Khane

Got something right about marriage

So the end boss in a 9 boss raid felt like bullshit, when they were able to kill that entire raid, and her, before first reset. But the second boss in a 2 boss raid, that they cannot clear first reset, is great because "just play good".

These nerds and their idiotic opinions on what constitutes a "satisfying challenge". They honestly feel it makes them impressive. Blizzard has made a lot of mistakes with WoW, and in recent memory almost all of them revolve around catering to dipshits like this guy.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Unlike Jaina, there is no amount of reclearing that will give you the gear to kill Uu'nat. He's a lot like M+ in which.. if you die, it's probably your fault. The entire fight is about execution, even in heroic and normal. To the point where 3/2 healing it isn't even that big of a deal because the damage you should be taking is minimal and avoidable a lot of the time.

I don't really see anything wrong with what he's said. But I'm also not a fan of NO MISTAKES OR WIPE bosses that last 7~ minutes

Khane

Unlike Jaina, there is no amount of reclearing that will give you the gear to kill Uu'nat. He's a lot like M+ in which.. if you die, it's probably your fault. The entire fight is about execution, even in heroic and normal. To the point where 3/2 healing it isn't even that big of a deal because the damage you should be taking is minimal and avoidable a lot of the time.

I don't really see anything wrong with what he's said. But I'm also not a fan of NO MISTAKES OR WIPE bosses that last 7~ minutes

They were undergeared in a situation where the raid was intended to give you 8 other bosses worth of gear before you should be able to kill her. They also had weeks of preparation and a huge ilvl increase to exploit. In this case it's straight up overtuned. And you don't see a problem with that for the normal gamer?

This is a fucking video game. And no Noodle, Method killed her before first reset.

Fucking nerds, acting like just saying "well I prefer if things are difficult so I could say I did something with my life". Yea, quit your job and raid for 12-16 hours a day for a world first that nobody actually gives a shit about. And ruin the enjoyment of the rest of the playerbase. Every single raid tier since NH has been destroying guilds and severing what little social connections people have found via the video game. People pretend that something as useful as a LFG tool is what ruins community while completely ignoring that shit raids like what we've gotten recently only test your ability to balance a healthy social life while simultaneously having to satisfy your "guild obligations". It's a new type of anti-social behavior disorder but in the reverse that zealots clamoring for a game like Pantheon pretend is a gaming panacea.

Get a fucking life is a catch phrase that many gamers have heard over the years. Well, this is the fruition if that actual reality. Seriously, get a fucking life.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
They were undergeared in a situation where the raid was intended to give you 8 other bosses worth of gear before you should be able to kill her. They also had weeks of preparation and a huge ilvl increase to exploit. In this case it's straight up overtuned. And you don't see a problem with that for the normal gamer?

This is a fucking video game. And no Noodle, Method killed her before first reset.

I have literally zero problem with the boss being completely unkillable the first week. Go do one of the other 39 difficulties if it's an issue for you.

If the game was still one difficulty, sure. But we're never going back to that.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I really don't understand the argument or problem. They're playing a different game than us. Are you mythic raiding? Are you white knighting the average Joe?

Khane

They're playing a different game than 99.9% of the rest of the population is playing, and they are being catered to. That's the problem. This isn't a difficult concept to understand. I'm like you. I don't play the game anymore, but I will complain and argue about the reason I no longer have fun playing a game that used to be very fun.

The video was linked as if we were all supposed to take his word as gospel and appreciate that it satisfies the thousand or so people like him and fuck the rest of us. No, fuck him.

xzi

Mouthbreather
They're playing a different game than 99.9% of the rest of the population is playing, and they are being catered to. That's the problem. This isn't a difficult concept to understand. I'm like you. I don't play the game anymore, but I will complain and argue about the reason I no longer have fun playing a game that used to be very fun.

The video was linked as if we were all supposed to take his word as gospel and appreciate that it satisfies the thousand or so people like him and fuck the rest of us. No, fuck him.

reeeeeeeeeee I can't play at the highest level

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

It's much worse than it ever was in the past. Professional gamer guilds are a new phenomenon