World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
Also double posting but I'd argue BFA feels a lot better now than it did at launch despite gameplay not changing much, because we now have secondary stats that actually feel like they have an impact. Which only means it's going to feel even better with higher ilvl.

But if you just fundamentally don't enjoy your spec at ALL, that probably won't change your opinion.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Boosted a 110 Paladin on Alliance Kel'Thuzad. Plan on doing Dark Iron Dwarf Warrior and Kul Tiran Monk eventually. Bnet is Penance#1464 and the character name at the moment is ZeroPen

xzi

Mouthbreather
I've been thinking of rolling my alliance on KT as well, I have them on Kil'Jaeden from a very long time ago but that server is pretty dead and the AH is shit feelsbadman

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Stormrage Alliance seems to be super populated. I finally turned off warmode shortly after hitting 120 though, no one was ever around at WQ spots.

Havent played since just after expac launch, how do I get in the warfront? We had Arathi so I went there, killed world boss (60g GG) and did some WQs. No one was around doing the rares and I cant solo em at fresh 120. How do you queue the actual instance or whatever? The NPC in boralus just had a timer for a bit over 6 days iirc but the Join Battle button was greyed out.

Rime

<Donor>
Stormrage Alliance seems to be super populated. I finally turned off warmode shortly after hitting 120 though, no one was ever around at WQ spots.

Havent played since just after expac launch, how do I get in the warfront? We had Arathi so I went there, killed world boss (60g GG) and did some WQs. No one was around doing the rares and I cant solo em at fresh 120. How do you queue the actual instance or whatever? The NPC in boralus just had a timer for a bit over 6 days iirc but the Join Battle button was greyed out.

You can join when you have the proper item level (I think it is like 340 or 350?) and your faction is attacking. The NPCs by the table will have an orange Quest icon on them when it is available to you.

As for the zone, you could try looking in group finder for groups. There used to be plenty of them, not sure now, though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can join when you have the proper item level (I think it is like 340 or 350?) and your faction is attacking. The NPCs by the table will have an orange Quest icon on them when it is available to you.

As for the zone, you could try looking in group finder for groups. There used to be plenty of them, not sure now, though.

Expanding on this a bit: warfronts have 3 phases, attacking (when you can actually queue), holding (when your faction owns the warfront; occurs after attacking with WQs and world boss available), and preparing (when your faction does not hold the warfront, occurs simultaneously with holding for the other faction; WQs for hand-ins are available but no WQs in the warfront zone).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Serpens

<Silver Donator>

I just went through this with my monk - Darkshore warfront min ilvl is 335. You will get the orange quest icon but not be able to join the battle if you are level 120 but below 335 ilvl. There should be some red text in the window that indicates that.

xzi

Mouthbreather
tfw private servers have better server quality than current BFA 2019 AAA billion dollar company servers

I can't pvp with fucking 30 people without the server lagging out

• 1Like

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I honestly can't stand the raid bosses in this game. I think it started with Siege of Org or at least thats when I noticed it. They give them so much fucking HP the fights take forever on some easy strat that you actually have to do something once every few minuts. And not that I'd mind having all the HP but mana is pretty much infinite so its not like you need to conserve it.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I honestly can't stand the raid bosses in this game. I think it started with Siege of Org or at least thats when I noticed it. They give them so much fucking HP the fights take forever on some easy strat that you actually have to do something once every few minuts. And not that I'd mind having all the HP but mana is pretty much infinite so its not like you need to conserve it.
In LFR maybe. Most mythic fights healers are running out of Mana. As far as fights taking forever, what do you think is a good kill time per boss?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
tfw private servers have better server quality than current BFA 2019 AAA billion dollar company servers

I can't pvp with fucking 30 people without the server lagging out

Kind of sad when a private server captures the MMO part of the game better than the live one.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
In LFR maybe. Most mythic fights healers are running out of Mana. As far as fights taking forever, what do you think is a good kill time per boss?
Yeah most raid bosses in mythic in legion we're 5-7 minutes with outliers like Argus. I don't think we had people running oom though. Lfr does make fights feel like they take 30 minutes because you don't do anything

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah most raid bosses in mythic in legion we're 5-7 minutes with outliers like Argus. I don't think we had people running oom though. Lfr does make fights feel like they take 30 minutes because you don't do anything
If your healers aren't running out of Mana you are bringing too many healers.

xzi

Mouthbreather
They need to fucking knock it off with scaling in pvp, not being able to 1shot a level 70 drives me insane (I mean I 2shot them but still)

• 1Worf

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
5-8 minute boss fights is about the sweet spot for me. Garrosh was the worst because all the real dangerous shit didn't happen until like 11 minutes into the fight.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I looked through my logs. Champion of light is sub 3 minutes. Jadefire is 5.5 minutes. Grong is 5 minutes. Opulence is 8 minutes. Conclave is 5 minutes on mythic difficulty. So these fights are taking forever?

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
It is LFR. Not too sure how things are when you advance along I've only really made it to normal. Doing the same raid to progress to the same raid gets me boring quickly.
I would say around 5 minutes. Again I don't mind long fights some of my favorite MMO bosses have been fights that span over 20 minutes. But when theyre only taking long because they take long its just so deflating. The Jainna and High Tinker fights this xpac I did actually enjoy though

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would recommend doing heroic and up. LFR and Normal don't even really give you usable gear at this point. Once there are more mechanics involved the fights don't seem long just to be long. Though in still not sure how long they could possibly be. I don't do much LFR and when I do I am an overgreared hero flexing my e-peen so stuff gets pretty much smashed.