World of Warcraft: Current Year

Shiftyx

Molten Core Raider
Ion should kill himself.

wPtmnQP.png

Is there any meaningful content you can't beat with a variety of group comps? Being upset that the absolute extreme subset of min/maxers use specific comps/specs/talents/etc... seems silly

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Is there any meaningful content you can't beat with a variety of group comps? Being upset that the absolute extreme subset of min/maxers use specific comps/specs/talents/etc... seems silly
Bring the player, not the class wants to have a word with you.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Let’s load dungeons with shit loads of trash while simultaneously designing it around with gotta go fast mongo retard shit.

Oh wow the class that can shroud past and skip trash and/or death skip rez are the most popular. Great design, oh wait nobody watches our esport MDI faggot shit what shall we do, hey let’s put in some see invisible mobs that can be simply be burst down... hmm I wonder if the next esport design will be something made to nerf the MDI shit.

To you simpletons I don’t care that their is a meta or some classes are better than others, it’s more that they make design choices around it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There's always gonna be a meta comp better than others

It has nothing to do with meta. It has everything to do with one ability called cloak and Blizzard's inability to balance around it by making diverse meta skills on other classes, or diverse meta dungeons that don't just include fastest way to clear trash. Maybe have some of the time sinks be bosses. Or encounters that require 2 target cleave, or 3 target cleave. I mean the lack of design considerations to balance throughout this expansion is so blatant it's disgusting.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
M+ has been shit the entire expansion anywaysb

Also me calling that the meta is true. No matter how stupid it is

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
i started playing again 2 weeks ago, went from 365 ilevel (pre uldir gear) 2 weeks put me at 420. ill have flying tomorrow, dps is insane now that i have cyclonic card and level 2 neck.feels a lot closer to where i was in legion.

mechagon is pretty fun but im sure the novelty will wear off, rustbolt is more enjoyable than nazjatar. nazjatar is pretty obnoxious without flying, ill end up retiring again but im having fun tanking 10-12 keys (not nearly as fun as legion keys) and the new raid mechanics are fun as a monk, orgonzoa is a pretty entertaining fight. azshara is a pretty complex fight, lots of mechanics firing at once.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Aren't you the same guy who was arguing removing the timer would be less interesting than bringing rogues to skip everything? That's some quality doubling down.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ion should kill himself.

This screenshot is quite biased since it only shows the five fastest runs from one single instance, Freehold. Also it's 2019 MDI time trials, for context. Showing the first fastest Freehold runs from MDI trials and be like "lul meta" is like watching a F1 Grand Prix and wondering why everyone drives slower on the way to work. If you look at the big picture it's slightly more diverse:

MDI 2019 time trials.png

Source

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This screenshot is quite biased since it only shows the five fastest runs from one single instance, Freehold. Also it's 2019 MDI time trials, for context. Showing the first fastest Freehold runs from MDI trials and be like "lul meta" is like watching a F1 Grand Prix and wondering why everyone drives slower on the way to work. If you look at the big picture it's slightly more diverse:

View attachment 217964

Source

Guys, look at the whole picture, where there is still a rogue in every group except one and everyone outside of the top 8 was almost a full 10 minutes slower (or way more) than the top 5.

So your Formula 1 analogy falls flat because in that comparison it would be like comparing F1 drivers (the top 5) with F3 drivers (everyone else).

• 1Like

Jox

Molten Core Raider

View attachment 217964

Source

Just because you can bring other classes does not make it slightly more diverse, that would imply the times were anywhere close to each other. Legion was a lot more diverse, only the tank spot was locked in as DK.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I mean if they want to keep the cunt ass design of M+ they might as well just make it so all mobs in the zone need to be killed to avoid death skips and shroud bullshit and either lower the total number of trash or up the timers accordingly.

Really though they should just stop the lazy design of infinite scaling and put that shit back in Diablo 3 which is also a failure of a game that nobody plays or watches.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Really though they should just stop the lazy design of infinite scaling and put that shit back in Diablo 3 which is also a failure of a game that nobody plays or watches.
Not true! People play for a week, two tops each season. For free.

• 1Worf

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't want everything in my hobbies having a goddamn e-sport component.
So don't play it like an esport. Here's a novel idea, play it how ever you want to play it and don't worry about what other people do.

• 1Repost

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
What you guys don't understand is that while those groups are effectively dominating M+, they're not having fun, so they're losing by Blizzard's metric.