World of Warcraft: Current Year

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Tokens still exist afaik, they will be in Nighthold for tier armor.

Not shocked, but I do hope they one day pull their heads out of their asses and make 1 token per slot so that shit never gets sharded until everyone has one.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Just curious, why are you benching your warrior? I have my own problems with the prot spec, so I'm enjoying bear more now. But don't think I'll stop playing him.

Honestly, I just don't enjoy it. My DPS on Mythic Nythendra for instance can swing about 50-70k depending on Tactician procs. Throw in a poorly timed rot debuff or two and I am practically useless. Fury is just, it's just underwhelming. The rotation is ok (although keeping up a 3 second enrage buff is annoying), it's just very underwhelming. I enjoyed Arms prior to the 30% nerf to Focused Rage & the normalization of Tactician procs. I decided to hold off until I received my first legendary, just to see if maybe I scored the dps ring or even better the Archavon gloves. Sadly I got the neck.

Focused Rage doesn't even get used other than rage dump and in Battle Cry windows now, yet you still must take a talent that makes no sense now that the priority has been nerfed down. It's just a shitty class right now. We entered the expansion with four warriors, one with three legendaries. We now have zero in our active rotation (druid, hunter, mage & whatever I decide to play). Prot was solid from what I have played, I know the tuning to vengeance turned off one of our main tanks enough to go druid, but its still very serviceable.

I applaud people for still playing it, it just feels really boring now. That's never been a complaint I have had about the class, but guess now is the time. Not to mention, the hotfix today for the Arms hidden artifact was icing on the cake. Claim all the triggers are in the game, players are looking all over spending countless hours. "Whoops, we didn't add it into the game". They've really struck out in their handling of at least that class.

Ps. I am leaning mage. My thought process is that with three dps specs, surely at least one will always be strong dps/entertaining enough.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Everything that Blitz said. Though you could boil it down to basically the same thing for both specs. They both rely heavily on abilities that have severe limiting factors that can vastly reduce your effectiveness regardless of how well you play. For Arms you have tactician which could be stomached when you could focus rage/hamstring to force procs on a regular basis. Now you just kind of hope RNG doesn't fuck you without the lube. Fury gets to deal with Jugg stacks and even one bad rot or boss aids hitting you at the wrong time can effectively neuter your dps for an entire fight.

The gearing issue that Fury has is currently Haste is by far your best stat, now it isn't on the level of how crit is valued for fire mages but you literally have to hit fifty percent haste for any other secondary stat to become better. Something is wrong when one stat is weighted so heavily that it precludes ilevel upgrades unless they are large if you are giving up that stat.

edit:

If you have one available and your raid won't mind you playing it I would say just focus on a rogue Blitz. Assassination is super strong and fluid to play, Sub is just going to get better and better as we go deeper in to the expac. Outlaw has the RnG fuckery, but blizz seems to actually be trying to tune it unlike the warrior/warlock dead specs.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
edit:

If you have one available and your raid won't mind you playing it I would say just focus on a rogue Blitz. Assassination is super strong and fluid to play, Sub is just going to get better and better as we go deeper in to the expac. Outlaw has the RnG fuckery, but blizz seems to actually be trying to tune it unlike the warrior/warlock dead specs.

Warlock doesn't have dead specs, just destro is best overall while demo/affliction shine on a few fights (so far).

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
Speaking about tank balance issue - I don't think there's too big a disparity between them but right now I'd put it something like this: Druid > Paladin > Warrior > DH > w/e

Paladin still has incredible raid utility and the ability to cheese mechanics plus the damage is so crazy. Druids are immortal, why would I even bother with tank trinkets when I literally can't die unless I screw up royally?

If there are scaling issues with warriors I hope it's sorted eventually, I guess the effect of ignore pain won't scale as fast as damage taken increases? Shouldn't it be the same for other tanks that rely on static absorbs/heals then such as dk and dh? I guess we'll see how it pans out in nighthold. For now though, warriors are still great for the raid content. M+ is a different beast and I'm not surprised to see other classes being used there. They can still do it though, and I think I've seen all tanks clear +15 in time aside from Brewmasters

joz123

Potato del Grande
KtkxWPp.png

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
5/7 bosses parsing in the 99th percentile for my ilvl on our Sunday alt raid. Raid leader has finally decided I can play my enhancement shaman in raids now. Fuck you mage I don't have to deal with your shit anymore.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Speaking about tank balance issue - I don't think there's too big a disparity between them but right now I'd put it something like this: Druid > Paladin > Warrior > DH > w/e

Paladin still has incredible raid utility and the ability to cheese mechanics plus the damage is so crazy. Druids are immortal, why would I even bother with tank trinkets when I literally can't die unless I screw up royally?

If there are scaling issues with warriors I hope it's sorted eventually, I guess the effect of ignore pain won't scale as fast as damage taken increases? Shouldn't it be the same for other tanks that rely on static absorbs/heals then such as dk and dh? I guess we'll see how it pans out in nighthold. For now though, warriors are still great for the raid content. M+ is a different beast and I'm not surprised to see other classes being used there. They can still do it though, and I think I've seen all tanks clear +15 in time aside from Brewmasters

I've tanked up to +10 fine on a warrior, my guild prefers me to tank on most fights. My big issue is the dps disparity, DH pull 200+ dps single target while tanking and i sit around 130-150k which wont go up unless i get legendary gloves (legendary glove tanks are pulling 210kish on average) Warriors are by far the lowest dps tanks and when youre pushing progression every little bit matters. IP is fine and i dont mind the mechanic but they will probably need to do something about our scaling, im assuming they will just up the % of IP you gain from each cast and have it scale higher with AP.

on the topic of haste, not only does it increase SB uptime, it also leads to more SS and Revenge which generate more rage, which generate more IP. i am having a lot more fun tanking now that im at 25% haste than i was sitting around 16-18%.

Warrior DPS specs are terrible at the moment, they need to remove focused rage entirely or give it a different mechanic and tactician can swing your dps by 30% or more depending on procs. Fury seems like its okay after this last round of buffs but its just not a fun spec.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
7/7 mythic now and still no legendary on my druid (granted I didn't play it as much as I played my DH but one would think the hardest content currently in game would have a higher chance to drop legendaries)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodfeather/Machi/advanced
I just got legendary #2 on my paladin last night (yay Liadrin's ring - 2nd BiS legendary!) off of NORMAL dragons (doing achievements). First one was off of H Ursoc the 2nd week of EN. I'm 4/7 M, done 30ish M+ and regular mythic dungeons, and haven't missed a single daily emissary cache since launch. It's just RNG, I'm afraid.

In other news, Return to Karazhan was fun. The other ret in my group got a socketed Eye of Command off the last boss. I was mad jelly about that.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Y'all giving me second thoughts on my warrior alt!

My druid is sitting at 100 though. Is Balance a fun spec?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I just got legendary #2 on my paladin last night (yay Liadrin's ring - 2nd BiS legendary!) off of NORMAL dragons (doing achievements). First one was off of H Ursoc the 2nd week of EN. I'm 4/7 M, done 30ish M+ and regular mythic dungeons, and haven't missed a single daily emissary cache since launch. It's just RNG, I'm afraid.

In other news, Return to Karazhan was fun. The other ret in my group got a socketed Eye of Command off the last boss. I was mad jelly about that.
Forgot to mention I've cleared H EN every week since week 2.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Up to ilvl 863 with 2 legendaries equipped . Maybe, possibly I'll get a peice of loot from EN tonight, probably not since we already downed the 2 bosses that give any good loot for gaurdian spec :(

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Fuck you I'm 863 with 0 legendaries

Also tjt unless your warrior is running mythic+15s it's all just casual bitching , I mean I tank for you just find

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Not too worried about that. I tank +8s with Brewmaster at 863. I'm getting really good at pushing his limits now too.

I aim for the warrior to be my DPS/tank alt so we'll see what happens. I keep thinking I should have a ranged alt class but whatever.