World of Warcraft: Current Year

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Lol... welcome to the DPS life. Especially on normals for a new DPS.

There were a few that said it won't matter, because it's a new expansion and so many people would be playing, so the queues would be short. Not the fucking case. Heroics it does get a little better, but it's still 10-25 minutes, compared to instant for tanks/healers. I've resorted to just doing WQs for my gearing up stuff, especially as the WQ equipment seems to have gotten a bump recently. Good shit is dropping from there. That'll easily bump you past the 810, and then just start queuing for heroics while doing WQs after that.

Don't think I've waited more than 10-15 mins for a heroic or LFR queue this whole expac.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Can't settle on an alt. I have a 100 rogue and I like the idea of Assassination but I also want to level a Windwalker Monk. bleh

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Alts are aids this xpack. Just say no.

Question to everyone :

What did you pick for the second to last order hall improvement ? Place order for seals or order resources from WQs? If the former, how much is the seal?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Sargeras can totally win this war, all he has to do is offer the PCs some reskinned Mounts for killing off the horde and the alliance.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff

Question to everyone :

What did you pick for the second to last order hall improvement ? Place order for seals or order resources from WQs? If the former, how much is the seal?

I play my hunter main enough as it is. If I don't have an alt I just won't play.

Seal is the best imo. OR is easy to get from WQs in a short amount of time. Seal is 25 order resources and completes in 5 seconds.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
As for rage from absorbs I can't remember but I can test it later. My initial thought would be no as it would be double dipping and blizz hates warriors now.

You get rage from IP absorbs ;) I just tested it. You perhaps get more than intended. It seemed like I was getting slightly more with IP up than not. Didn't test absorbed cast by other players though.

I think this system makes sense so that IP doesn't hurt subsequent uses. There's a potential for possible breakage though when the shield becomes big enough to start matching its own rage cost. You can see glimpses of this broken system in that twitch video I linked earlier. If you didn't watch it, he said he was able to burst 500k HPS because of all the damage(~1.5M dtps) from the stacks of dripping fangs.

Not sure if its possible though. You'd need to lower your HP as far as possible to maximize damage -> rage while stacking versatility and ap to maximize rage -> absorb.

Cybsled

Question to everyone :

Monks have to choose between buying cheap seal for order resources, or recruiting a celestial troop that has a hero ability. I picked the celestial, but it sucks that it only lasts 1 mission and it can run them without a champion accompanying it. Takes 12 hours to train a new one.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You get rage from IP absorbs ;) I just tested it. You perhaps get more than intended. It seemed like I was getting slightly more with IP up than not. Didn't test absorbed cast by other players though.

I think this system makes sense so that IP doesn't hurt subsequent uses. There's a potential for possible breakage though when the shield becomes big enough to start matching its own rage cost. You can see glimpses of this broken system in that twitch video I linked earlier. If you didn't watch it, he said he was able to burst 500k HPS because of all the damage(~1.5M dtps) from the stacks of dripping fangs.

Not sure if its possible though. You'd need to lower your HP as far as possible to maximize damage -> rage while stacking versatility and ap to maximize rage -> absorb.
I guess that makes sense. On fights like xavius I can keep IP up forever in phase 3

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Monks have to choose between buying cheap seal for order resources, or recruiting a celestial troop that has a hero ability. I picked the celestial, but it sucks that it only lasts 1 mission and it can run them without a champion accompanying it. Takes 12 hours to train a new one.

Oh right. Didnt think different classes had different option. Priest one gets me 100 extra OR per WQ when accomponied by a champ. Together with champ items, I am currently getting 175 OR per WQ. Not sure if worth.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally got first legendary. Yay for having a protection shield. Stats are pretty nice though for an enhance Shaman. It replaced my current neck piece well enough.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Thinking about making a ranged dps alt. I already have the warlock but I hated the way they played at the end of wod so it's parked at 100.

Thinking of either shadow priest or hunter. The shadow priest is intriguing because our raids don't have many and could double as a healer. Also @Daidraco makes it look sexy

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thinking about making a ranged dps alt. I already have the warlock but I hated the way they played at the end of wod so it's parked at 100.

Thinking of either shadow priest or hunter. The shadow priest is intriguing because our raids don't have many and could double as a healer. Also @Daidraco makes it look sexy
Shadow Priest is squishy as shit. Don't expect to be doing WQs very easily when you hit 110. Hunter can easily do most of them as a fresh 110 790 ilvl. You won't be feeling pretty bad ass until 825+ ilvl.

The rotation is much more simple for Hunters as well, which is something to consider so you don't have to be just a scrub lord

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I got to do all bosses except cenarius on my dh yesterday! Tanking Xavius on mythic wasn't sketchy at all. Plus got lucky with coins and ended up at 881 ilvl now so I feel a step above you rabble with your 860-whatnots! :smuggly:

Can't wait for the new raid on wednesday!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Question to everyone :

They actually aren't that bad. At first I was like "fuck this" but in less then 3 weeks with no one carrying me on my hunter I got both artifacts that are useful to two gold dragons, one is one step away from third gold dragon. I am ilvl 857. I am exalted with Suramar. They changed the timing on everything. Artifact research that used to take 5 days takes like 3 now. The missions in your class hall that used to cock block your third relic slot got reduced from 120 hours average to 80 hours average.

With bloods being 200 resources each and with how terrible your missions are once you hit 850 on all your followers I have been selecting the seal. It saves me 7975 order resources per week and means I have to grind a lot less. (or 2000 gold)

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
25 resources for one seal. Counts as one of the three.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
With the latest patch, the second to last Order Hall Improvement for Demon Hunters was changed from Instantly Complete 1 WQ every 3 days, to Instantly Complete 1 Non-Elite WQ every 18 hours. As the cost of using the "fel cannon" is 100 OR, and you can get like 600 OR from an instant complete, totally worth it, lol. Doesn't count towards completions for daily though.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
@ZyyzYzzy

Help a brotha out. How the fuck do I move the Naralex Extra Action button, it doesn't respond to the Extra Action piece in Bartender and putting it on my bar doesn't get rid of it either.