World of Warcraft: Current Year

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I always run uBlock on wowhead. You're basically asking to get served up malware specifically tailored to compromise your account since there's no one else that would visit that site. I've noticed my connections have been pretty slow lately, but I didn't think it was related to having a wowhead tab open.

How do 100% of WoW players not have a (totally free) Account Authenticator these days? I've been playing since Beta 4 or whatever and have never once had an issues with account breach, theft, whatever.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
23 curious coins. Seems fine to me.

Cool bro. In about 16 (SIXTEEN) more months, if you play the same rate as you are now/have been since Legion launch, you could get the 150 coin mount (which is pretty bland anyway).

Totally good and FUN currency they designed here!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
How do 100% of WoW players not have a (totally free) Account Authenticator these days? I've been playing since Beta 4 or whatever and have never once had an issues with account breach, theft, whatever.

In vanilla when you had to buy them and I was cheap I said fuck it and went without a condom. Got hacked and they put an authenticator on my acct. Blizzard sent me one for free when it was recovered. Now I use the totally free app for everything though.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Can't decide what trinket to use for tanking

Darkmoon card - 855
Ichor - 865
Str/Mastery stat stick - 875
Grotesque statue - 865
shivermaw's jawbone - 880
seedpod/echo/natures call - 865 = usually only for M+

I've been using Jawbone + ichor for fights with magic damage and jawbone + darkmoon for fights with lots of physical damage. i dont know how useful the +sta from jawbone is, effective health pool is not really good except for a few fights (odyn).

Str/Mastery + darkmoon or ichor depending on the fight may be better.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Hmmm, looks like we got a hotfix. There's been only 2 KT (3 if you count the Mythic Arcway) WQ these last 2 days, which was making it difficult to fill the emissary stuff.

Today, I log on, there's 2 new... and my emissary expedition is complete with 1/1 done (it still says "complete 4", but the criteria was shrunk)

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Yea you could finish the KT emissary quest only if you were a tailor the day it popped. Yesterday about mid day they added a third KT bubble quest in Azsuna so if you did Arcway you could have all 4.

This made the casuals cry because "how am i supposed to get attuned to arcway ???? i should have access to all the game content playing 10 minutes a day". So Blizzard gave it to everyone.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To be fair the emissary stuff should have way more then 4 WQ's that are available over a two day period. They should also remove the req's to get in Arcway and CoS. There's no need for them anymore except to keep out people who are trying to play catch up.

I'm a big fan of the new Kirin Tor quests and hope they keep them in the game. So much more fun then collecting 10 bear asses 100 times a day.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I was ok with missing out on it because fuck the platforming, but I guess the whining masses came through for me!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
They turning any of them easily turnable balance knobs they got in place over there yet or is it still pvp's fault

Been sucked into Path of Diablo lately by whoever posted that shit (thank u)

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Not really. Occasional hotfixes but all real changes are gonna come in the patches. Next one is in January I think?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
7.1.5 PTR: Our thoughts and notes – Storm, Earth and Lava

Pretty much buffs to every single target spell and talents that cater to single target minus LB. Mastery becomes relevant again with EB (30% buff), LvB(25% buff), IF(+400% initial damage) and FS becoming viable spells. We aren't totally beholden to PE anymore because of the talent row reshuffle. Assuming this stuff actually goes live ele should maintain its elite status in mythic+ while not being a burden in raids.
What's your opinion on the rotation recommendations from that website? Some of them seem wrong from even a simple math comparison.

For instance, for the LR build, they only recommend to start using Earthquake at 3+ targets. At 2 targets, EQ is 600% spell damage for 50 maelstrom. Earth Shock is 920% spell damage for 100 maelstrom. Why would I ever use Earth Shock beyond 1 target? This is assuming target's time to live will last the duration of EQ, which is improving next patch.

Also, from simming stuff, I'm not seeing a lot of reason to use Flame Shock and Lava Burst beyond single target for a LR build. Switching to CL and EQ at 2+ targets is dps equal or better and MUCH simpler to execute.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
killed mythic odyn. Guild made a gif of me beig retarded
20d63b0426cc32b354182c69ae358b72.gif

20d63b0426cc32b354182c69ae358b72.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I'm hooked. Got my DK up to 69. I've been strictly leveling up via dungeons as a DPS spec while I get back into the groove, and I've started to not suck. Few add-ons (<3 that DPS meter) have improved the experience.

Clearly queuing with a tank or healer goes much faster, but I've kept a good pace. Now that I'm not at the bottom of every group for DPS, some of those BOA tanks/healers will continue to queue up with me in tow and I can roll into quick groups.

Name in-game is Feydan, where can I get a guild invite?

Last edited:

Tilluin

Molten Core Raider
My wife has trashed her laptop to the point it's fan and charger don't work half the time so it's looking like we need to get a new one!

We're mainly after a budget one as she does her paper work on it at the weekends and watches YouTube etc. I'd like to get one that is capable of playing WoW when I get the urge every 9-12 months. Would a modern budget laptop allow me to play WoW as it's an older game? Her old laptop (6 years old and budget back then) played a WoW but when I would raid I'd pretty much just stare at the floor and mash buttons to avoid graphics lag.

We're thinking something like

HP 15-ay170sa 15.6" Laptop with Latest 7th Gen Intel® Core™ i3 processor - Silver