I don't think so pal

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
holy shit those ToV nerfs tomorrow inc 2/3M

blue post : Trial of Valor Adjustments - December 20 - MMO-Champion BlueTracker

Hey all,

As we mentioned late last week, here are the upcoming adjustments to Trial of Valor. Note that all dungeon and raid hotfixes will take effect with realm restarts in each region.

Odyn
  • Reduced the damage of Shatter by 25% on all difficulties.
  • Reduced the damage of Stormforged Spear's tank hit by 25% on all difficulties.
  • Reduced Odyn's health by 10% on all difficulties.
  • Reduced Hyrja and Hymdall's health by 20% on all difficulties.
  • Hymdall and Hyrja now once again leave the arena at 85% on Heroic difficulty during Stage 2.

Guarm
  • Reduced Health by 10% on all difficulties.
  • Reduced damage dealt by Headlong Charge by 10% on all difficulties. This change does not apply to Trample.
  • Reduced damage dealt by Flame Lick on impact on Mythic difficulty by 5%.

Helya
  • Reduced the health of Bilewater Slime, Night Watch Mariner, and Helya by 10% and Grimelord by 15% in the Helya encounter in Trial of Valor on all difficulties.
  • Reduced the number of Taint of the Sea debuffs applied to players on Mythic difficulty by 1.
  • Reduced the damage of Tainted Explosion on all difficulties.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I feel like all they really needed to do on Odyn was slightly reduce the spear dmg, but 25% god damn

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Seems pretty standard. They make all the raids more accessible as expac goes on by nerfing them at various points.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
the only nerf justifiable on Odyn imo is the stormforged spear, but like i said above its mainly its interaction with warrior mitigation that bothers me.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's interaction with all mitigation other then bears, let's be honest here. Playing my DK I almost got one shot on LFR level. Hey tanks, here's an unavoidable ability that hits you every 15 seconds, it would be a shame if we only gave you two mitigation cooldowns on a 3 minute timer....

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Nerf or no, I am all for anything that makes Odyn and Helya shorter....I love a nice long epic fight every now and then, but those just take forever to do.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
On my warrior with no mitigation it hits me for about 4.3M hp which does kill me instantly. I have 3 mitigation cds that help some but only if I'm running out at full hp.

Our guild, as a normal and heroic guild, struggles with this fight.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Odyn is an exercise in frustration without balanced melee and ranged dps. We lose so much dps on Odyn during phase 2 that it draws the phase out ridiculously long which drains healer mana and basically causes even a single dps death to make the encounter a lost cause. We have melee folks who can sustain 350-400k most other fights doing 250k at best on Odyn with most of us doing 200k or less :(.

Hopefully the nerf will make it more accessible to our group make up, but I think I'll start playing my shadow priest to at least have it in the wings in case NH decides to fuck us with "must have range" fights.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have a WQ for a fire weapon enhance that is 855. First time seeing anything offered for a WQ that is above 845.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Our guild, as a normal and heroic guild, struggles with this fight.
Don't know exactly how it works for tanks, but it was mainly about strategy on how to place it. Once we finalized our placing, it went from "wipe halfway thru P3" to "kill without a brez".
Odyn is an exercise in frustration without balanced melee and ranged dps.
Try doing ToV with 5 melee dps and 1 range (which was us yesterday before the nerfs). You almost can't kill the adds because of the running between runes.

Helya is also close to impossible to do in that config, you lack the range to soak the rear tentacles safely. We gave up after a while.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Don't know exactly how it works for tanks, but it was mainly about strategy on how to place it. Once we finalized our placing, it went from "wipe halfway thru P3" to "kill without a brez".

Try doing ToV with 5 melee dps and 1 range (which was us yesterday before the nerfs). You almost can't kill the adds because of the running between runes.

Helya is also close to impossible to do in that config, you lack the range to soak the rear tentacles safely. We gave up after a while.
We had like 7 melee and 2 ranged. The fight is way too long if you're melee heavy.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Shame Blizzard has had 12 years to make cast bars exciting and they haven't managed it. I was even considering hunters because most of their shit is instant cast but they even added casting time abilities to that class.

In a game that heavily emphasizes not standing in shit, nobody likes standing still.