World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
[ livejournal ]

I know it's not super competitive, but I ranked number 1 on normal krosus for ret paladins :p (It happens to currently be 108 for all specs worldwide).

Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft

[ /livejournal ]

I just switched to Frost DK so I checked your Frost DK's logs on that fight. Each of them got a new legendary from your last kill 3 days ago until the kill in the log you linked. One of them got the ring and his DPS went up 40%. The other got the belt and his DPS went up 10%. They both are lucky bastards and have the helm.

The 10% boost to damage from the belt seems reasonable but the 40% boost from the ring seems absurd. I really hope that can be attributed to other things like him learning the BoS playstyle better and/or getting set bonuses in that 3 day timeframe. Because I really don't want to have to pray to the legendary gods to get the helm/ring.

EDIT: Actually on further inspection that kill barely took 2 minutes and the extra charge of Hungering Rune Weapon from the ring would be incredibly powerful on a fight that short so I guess it makes sense.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I just switched to Frost DK so I checked your Frost DK's logs on that fight. Each of them got a new legendary from your last kill 3 days ago until the kill in the log you linked. One of them got the ring and his DPS went up 40%. The other got the belt and his DPS went up 10%. They both are lucky bastards and have the helm.

The 10% boost to damage from the belt seems reasonable but the 40% boost from the ring seems absurd. I really hope that can be attributed to other things like him learning the BoS playstyle better and/or getting set bonuses in that 3 day timeframe. Because I really don't want to have to pray to the legendary gods to get the helm/ring.

EDIT: Actually on further inspection that kill barely took 2 minutes and the extra charge of Hungering Rune Weapon from the ring would be incredibly powerful on a fight that short so I guess it makes sense.
I think the only way a person can get single/double digit ranks is if the fight fits PERFECTLY within their specific cooldowns. With a modestly geared group, normal fights aren't going to be even half as long as their heroic counterparts. If I didn't have Convergence of Fates equipped I probably would've ranked in triple digits instead of first because the fight ended JUST as my 35 second (~1:40 CD) buff was ending.

Next week if it goes down at 2:00 instead of 2:17, I probably won't even be in the top 100.

Sendaar

Nom Nom Nom
Ok looking for some help. I'm really trying to get back into legion with raiding heroic. I quit previously because I was playing a balance druid and just couldn't pull DPS higher than 310k. I got a shit legendary and said fuck it. I came back thinking balance druid might be better, but I still can't pull over 350k(ilvl 878). I decided to start up a fury warrior. I've already got him up to ilvl 850, and I'm still working on him.

I'm looking for any advice on how I can pull good DPS with either spec. Most of the base info I can find I'm already doing. Where are some good resources on both the balance druid and fury warrior. It seems like I'll be doing shit DPS on both. I've played this game for years and have never had these problems before. I'm usually pretty damn good. I'll link profiles later if you want. In mobile and can't do it now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Have you gone to the class discords?

Are you parsing far below similar ilvl?

Are you correctly itemized? Food? Flask? Specced correct (single vs AOE)?

Have you compared yourself with other people's logs? Are they casting a different rotation or casting more abilities?

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Am I missing something with the Artifact changes in 7.2?
1) They take away and bank all the points we've spent in the +Betterer final ability.
2) We do a trivial quest line.
3) We spend the banked points on the 6 or so new trait points... and then spend the rest of our points on the new +Betterer final ability?

So what's the point of the whole mess? Just to ensure that we have to buy the (in some cases, lackluster compared to +Betterer) new traits before we buy more +Betterer? Or are they going to aggressively scale up the costs on those +Betterer ranks every point release, so we have to keep grinding on that AP treadmill?

Sendaar

Nom Nom Nom
Have you gone to the class discords?

Are you parsing far below similar ilvl?

Are you correctly itemized? Food? Flask? Specced correct (single vs AOE)?

Have you compared yourself with other people's logs? Are they casting a different rotation or casting more abilities?

I have not gone to the class discords. Where do I find links for those? If it's easy as Googling it i'll try that when I get home.

As for parsing what site does this and I'll check. Again a lot of this might be linked to legendaries.

I do itemize per the information I can find (icy veins) like haste for balance druid and haste/mastery for fury warrior. For specs, this changed so much in 7.1.5 I have a feeling the info I'm using is out of date.

I have not checked a ton of logs, but how would I find out their rotation baring asking them?

Part of my problem is the guild I run with has 0 balance druids and warriors as mains to help discuss this stuff.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
I have not gone to the class discords. Where do I find links for those? If it's easy as Googling it i'll try that when I get home.

As for parsing what site does this and I'll check. Again a lot of this might be linked to legendaries.

I do itemize per the information I can find (icy veins) like haste for balance druid and haste/mastery for fury warrior. For specs, this changed so much in 7.1.5 I have a feeling the info I'm using is out of date.

I have not checked a ton of logs, but how would I find out their rotation baring asking them?

Part of my problem is the guild I run with has 0 balance druids and warriors as mains to help discuss this stuff.

Part of your problem is icy veins. It's just not a very good resource for alot of classes. Google dreamgrove discord for the druid discord. Also is that 350k single or aoe? Bc if that's sustained single target over a very long fight it's not that bad. For now id say dig around the discord double check your stat weights and recommended talents/rotation and pull up the logs for the boomkins at your ilvl and see what the average is.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

Druid Discord: Discord

For Balance, single target used to be tied to having The Emerald Dreamcatcher , which is now maybe a 1% boost even if you use it right. At this point it's a stat stick with less than ideal stats. 310k is really all you'd get single target at 878 without a legendary. Single target dps is a lot more annoying now, and you're going to have to swap specs back and forth.

Single Target stat priority was Haste>>Int>Crit>>Master>=Versatility. These days it's all about the Memekin, which is one of the better AOE specs in the game currently. Stat priority for AOE is Haste>Int>Mastery>Crit=Versatility. Single target spec: 3?3?233. Multitarget spec: ??3?112. The ? are up to you.

Single Target rotation: Keep up dots, don't overfill Astral Power, wrath on single target to build power, starsurge near cap, use moons when available.
AOE: Keep up dots, don't overfill Astral Power, wrath on single target, Lunar strike on multi, try to keep Starfall up, use moons when available.

If I focus, the aoe spec can do around 370k, but is insane to keep up if you have to do any mechanics that involve moving outside of Starfall's area. AOE fights the damage stack is fairly obscene.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Simulation craft is a good resource but if you don't want to take the time, go to Ask Mr. Robot. Simcraft allows you to get better and more accurate stat weights. I highly recommend figuring out how to use it (takes 2 minutes) and using it.

Don't compare yourself to other people of a similar ilvl. Compare yourself to your simmed parse. If you are close then you are doing it right and it's just getting better gear. If you are way off then it's a rotation problem.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Icy Veins main problem is they don't keep their information up to date, especially with Blizzard going fuckin balls deep on their spec adjustments every patch...

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Fury info on Icy Veins is acceptable for basics, but check mmo-champion forums for a really good Fury guide. I can't link it here (at work and it's blocked) but it's one of the first sticky posts in the warrior forum. Not hard to find at all and a very good guide from start to finish.

Sendaar

Nom Nom Nom
Druid Discord: Discord

For Balance, single target used to be tied to having The Emerald Dreamcatcher , which is now maybe a 1% boost even if you use it right. At this point it's a stat stick with less than ideal stats. 310k is really all you'd get single target at 878 without a legendary. Single target dps is a lot more annoying now, and you're going to have to swap specs back and forth.

Single Target stat priority was Haste>>Int>Crit>>Master>=Versatility. These days it's all about the Memekin, which is one of the better AOE specs in the game currently. Stat priority for AOE is Haste>Int>Mastery>Crit=Versatility. Single target spec: 3?3?233. Multitarget spec: ??3?112. The ? are up to you.

Single Target rotation: Keep up dots, don't overfill Astral Power, wrath on single target to build power, starsurge near cap, use moons when available.
AOE: Keep up dots, don't overfill Astral Power, wrath on single target, Lunar strike on multi, try to keep Starfall up, use moons when available.

If I focus, the aoe spec can do around 370k, but is insane to keep up if you have to do any mechanics that involve moving outside of Starfall's area. AOE fights the damage stack is fairly obscene.

Thanks for the info. Its makes me feel somewhat better seeing you numbers. The raid needs me to do around 400k to 450k on say Grand Botanist or the first boss in NH. Druids are putting up numbers of like 1.1 Mil DPS and I see you saying something like 370k (which I could reach). I just don't see how I get there even with gear. At this point they refuse to take me without doing at least 400k any fights past the third boss in NH.

Sendaar

Nom Nom Nom
Well botanist is basically a cleave fight as you'll be hitting 3 bosses.

Yup and I pulled around 370k on that fight with other classes like feral druid and enhancement shaman doing like 600k. Even with 20ish more ilvls I don't see breaking 400k.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I can't check now but I know I switched most of my talents out for memekin. I know I didn't take the 3 instant cast lunarstrikes, but I may not have switched out of chosen of elune, which may help quite a bit.
I typically check high parsers on the logging sites and see what they have talented and what they cast. I'm a prot warrior though and we can't sim so I'm no use there.

Sendaar

Nom Nom Nom
I typically check high parsers on the logging sites and see what they have talented and what they cast. I'm a prot warrior though and we can't sim so I'm no use there.

Yeah it's looks funky because druids have to spec switch between fights to be useful, which I suspected and acidfly confirmed. So I'm going to continue getting the warrior geared up, but I may see what I can do using a few tweaks.